What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brown glass collection

Petrochemical

Starting to find older brown bottles like Christian bros brandy bottles and smaller older bottles like the photos shown. Lots o
20220417_105125.jpg
20220417_105132.jpg
f local areas have these available if your willing to search. Its a hobby thats decompression for me.
20220417_105132.jpg
20220417_105148.jpg

Attachments

• 20220417_105156.jpg
    20220417_105156.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77

armedoldhippy

Veteran
some modern knappers hunt for those bottles to chip arrow points out of the bottom. they get into the colors in old glass...

Ca++

1980s aren't they?
Our dairies locally adopted them over the taller one's around then. When they changed from the older machinery that used the taller bottles. It was quite an upheaval. People complained they couldn't get their hand round the new bottles. The bottles filled the new crates though. The crates fitted the new float. More milk in the same space. Shortly after, our milk became pasteurised. So now pets can also feel the progress.

Both bottles have a clear line where the two halves came together. The left bottle has the extra detail of raised rubbing areas. It seems to show the fence didn't align though. Rubbing on that join line being elsewhere.

iu

St. Phatty

I had a neighbor who was part Indian, who liked to make arrowheads.

Haven't seen him in 3 months. I think he might have died.

Nannymouse

Oh, i recall the old milk bottles...the other day, i asked my hubby's mom if she remembered the milk bottles that were delivered. Ours had cardboard caps. She didn't recall that or when toothbrushes were wooden with pig bristles. I must have grown up in a 'less progressive' area?

And, then, nobody could recall the old milk cartons that were waxed, for waterproofing.