Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
something I read

something I read

How does it help "good" bacteria? I was under the impression that it kills bacteria indiscriminately, "good" & "bad".

I can't recall at this moment I will try to look up the source. The way I understood it was that strong use of h202 would kill all bacteria good and bad .But, just the rite amount usually one or two teaspoons per gal of 3% would actually help most good bacteria while destroying some bad bacteria that actually does not do well in high oxygen environment.
 

RetroGrow

Active member
Forgot my basic chemistry (along with lot's of other stuff).
There are two types of bacteria, aerobic and anaerobic. H2O2 kills the anaerobic bacteria and assists the aerobic bacteria, in some cases.
Well, before diving any deeper, you need to know what Hydrogen Peroxide does to SOME bacteria. It is, for some bacteria, considered as a metabolic poison, which kills them unless they have the enzyme catalase.

Let me tell you, though, that hydrogen peroxide is NOT SPECIFIC, meaning there's no exact way to say that this or that organism will be killed by hydrogen peroxide or not; some organisms, aerobic or anaerobic, can withstand hydrogen peroxide and some cannot. The only way to know is to do the Catalase test (hope you know what this is). Catalase is the enzyme that some bacteria use to catalytically cleave hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen...so, no hydrogen peroxide, no death to the bacteria. Again, hydrogen peroxide can affect any bacteria, whether they are aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic--there's no way to tell how unless you do the catalase test. The only ones not affected, in general, are the ones with the enzyme catalase.
 
sounds rite to me

sounds rite to me

Forgot my basic chemistry (along with lot's of other stuff).
There are two types of bacteria, aerobic and anaerobic. H2O2 kills the anaerobic bacteria and assists the aerobic bacteria, in some cases.
Well, before diving any deeper, you need to know what Hydrogen Peroxide does to SOME bacteria. It is, for some bacteria, considered as a metabolic poison, which kills them unless they have the enzyme catalase.

Let me tell you, though, that hydrogen peroxide is NOT SPECIFIC, meaning there's no exact way to say that this or that organism will be killed by hydrogen peroxide or not; some organisms, aerobic or anaerobic, can withstand hydrogen peroxide and some cannot. The only way to know is to do the Catalase test (hope you know what this is). Catalase is the enzyme that some bacteria use to catalytically cleave hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen...so, no hydrogen peroxide, no death to the bacteria. Again, hydrogen peroxide can affect any bacteria, whether they are aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic--there's no way to tell how unless you do the catalase test. The only ones not affected, in general, are the ones with the enzyme catalase.


Sounds correct to me. I know it has appeared to help me if the balance is not to strong (Keeps things clean) and promoted healthy roots...I have wavered back and forth between a purely chem based hydro and a mix of chems and some organic rite now I'm doing pure Kiss chem again here are some pics. These are from mothers that had broad mite damage.(Cloned from mothers that where nursed back to health using the all Natural "Bro Science technique")I remember forty years ago when there was basically one book known as the "Cannabis bible" and many advancements since then. But, you really never stop leaning with this fantastic hobby. I use a little h202 now and then I believe it helps.And I always clean my hydroton with hot water then h202 and let it soak awhile and watch it sizzle and bubble.
 
G

Gifted0ne

I run H202 %29 3 mil/gal 24/7, 365... Nothing but nice white roots! Keeps rez nice and sterile. Been doing it this way since i had a bad case of slime in F&D when my rez was in low 70's.

If you drop the h202 it will have no effect on the plant, it can only benefit from it. The h202 fad is about as legitimate as people that swear by drinking ionized water. H202 can keep the res sterile from some bacteria and clean of salt build up but will not have any effect on brown slime algae and hardly any effect on pythium.

Temperature has no effect on slime, nor does light, the only benefit of low temps are more dissolved oxygen. Its funny what people believe when science clearly shows it false.. And for your info h202 in a heavily aerated system turns into water within 5-6 hours. (just facts bud).

H202 hinders root growth, do some research because its true. Also roots prefer 73-76 degree temps and do not flourish in any way in the 60's. There are actually ways to promote and enhance root growth, where fine little hairs form non stop and you can easily run 73-76 temps in DWC.. H202 is garbage
 
If you drop the h202 it will have no effect on the plant, it can only benefit from it. The h202 fad is about as legitimate as people that swear by drinking ionized water. H202 can keep the res sterile from some bacteria and clean of salt build up but will not have any effect on brown slime algae and hardly any effect on pythium.

Temperature has no effect on slime, nor does light, the only benefit of low temps are more dissolved oxygen. Its funny what people believe when science clearly shows it false.. And for your info h202 in a heavily aerated system turns into water within 5-6 hours. (just facts bud).

H202 hinders root growth, do some research because its true. Also roots prefer 73-76 degree temps and do not flourish in any way in the 60's. There are actually ways to promote and enhance root growth, where fine little hairs form non stop and you can easily run 73-76 temps in DWC.. H202 is garbage
Science was proven when i had slime, added h202 and fixed my problem. This has been debated numerous times. I was trying to get some info on Aspirin, not h202 there are other threads for that.
 
G

Gifted0ne

Science was proven when i had slime, added h202 and fixed my problem. This has been debated numerous times. I was trying to get some info on Aspirin, not h202 there are other threads for that.

If you told that to any biological science major they would laugh at you like your a mental case. Anyways the aspirin at cvs is the only place i found uncoated and its 99cent for 120.
 
G

Gifted0ne

Yea, depending on how severe the mite infestation is aspirin is critical. If you're leaves are just barley blistering a good couple sprays to kill them will be sufficient but if the plant is badly damaged then get the aspirin asap otherwise plant could easily die.
 
Yea, depending on how severe the mite infestation is aspirin is critical. If you're leaves are just barley blistering a good couple sprays to kill them will be sufficient but if the plant is badly damaged then get the aspirin asap otherwise plant could easily die.
I was advised to just add to my rez?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top