What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gifted0ne

Or white fly (shake plant to see if white spots fly) .But you should not see anything live moving around if you are using heat like retrow said 120 degrees at top of canopy and If you are spraying OGB TWICE a week for three weeks then once per week for another number of weeks and mixing properly.

Hey old dude do you keep spraying ogbiowar through flower? does it harm the buds or kill pistils etc? I am in flower and need to keep up with the sprays.

As I understand it

As I understand it

Hey old dude do you keep spraying ogbiowar through flower? does it harm the buds or kill pistils etc? I am in flower and need to keep up with the sprays.

I have not used OGB in flower until this run. I have used two heat treatments and two foliar sprays of ogb and some mild aspirin in rez for first few weeks (Due to one prized sour og that is starting to recover from dud syndrome after a year) in the first three weeks of flower with no observed bad results (my plants always look better after a few days after spraying OGB. I am only doing these treatments as a precaution. As I truly believe my bm's have hit the road to parts unknown. But I am so paranoid from what I have been through I will keep a vigil using heat occasionally and OGB every two to four weeks on mothers and a couple times at the first two or three weeks of flower. I would add I don't ever recommend spraying in flower of anything for obvious reasons however it's really low RH here so I can get away with it pretty easy. I would say it's going to be your call, and of course I spray about two and a half hours from lights on time. But my plants look great in this third week (sprayed a few days ago) I will probably not spray again though . Hope this helps some.I would add it is safe as I have posted before all the way through as a matter of fact I was not rite what I said about not using it in flower before I used it last summer but it was on outside grow. I would just stop a couple weeks before harvest. The only concern I would have is mold it's a bud killer. I ended up last summer with some killer meds from cali conn that I got in a mixed pack and did not even know what they where hehe. But they showed no signs of bm's after many treatments 2x week all summer. Took clones of the cali conn's that had bm's they are now inside ready to go next run.All the best...!

nofriend

Update:

10 Days ago I heat treated the garden. Some areas only reached 115 at the canopy, other areas reached 125 and fried some leaves. I have been spraying OG Biowar Foliar twice a week for the last 2 weeks. I ordered new Biowar Foliar because I am concerned that the kilo I bought a year ago is no longer viable due to improper storage (ie leaving the biowar in the grow room during heat treatments). 3 days ago was the first day of spraying with the fresh Biowar at 1tsp per liter allowing it to settle.

I am seeing more unusual curling of the leaves near the points of growth than I have in a long time. I am starting to feel that I am losing my war! I have stayed organic so far but I plan to use a pylon TR fogger this week. I will continue to spray OG Biowar Foliar twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays).

I transplanted from 1 gallon containers to 7 gallon containers over 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the soil to dry out. Consequently no Aspirin has been added in over two weeks. Should I be spraying Aspirin?

G

Gifted0ne

Update:

10 Days ago I heat treated the garden. Some areas only reached 115 at the canopy, other areas reached 125 and fried some leaves. I have been spraying OG Biowar Foliar twice a week for the last 2 weeks. I ordered new Biowar Foliar because I am concerned that the kilo I bought a year ago is no longer viable due to improper storage (ie leaving the biowar in the grow room during heat treatments). 3 days ago was the first day of spraying with the fresh Biowar at 1tsp per liter allowing it to settle.

I am seeing more unusual curling of the leaves near the points of growth than I have in a long time. I am starting to feel that I am losing my war! I have stayed organic so far but I plan to use a pylon TR fogger this week. I will continue to spray OG Biowar Foliar twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays).

I transplanted from 1 gallon containers to 7 gallon containers over 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the soil to dry out. Consequently no Aspirin has been added in over two weeks. Should I be spraying Aspirin?

There's no reason to completely saturate a 7 gallon pot after transplanting from 1 gallon, and if you havent watered for 2 weeks this is also adding to your problem. Plants should never go more then 7 days without a feed, 3-4 is optimal.

If some of the new growth is curling down i think its ok, cause mines doing that also but its recovering fine non the less. As long as the new growth isnt cupping/canoeing downward it should be ok. Im sure you're plant prob has signs of over/under watering as well.

bobjennings

I'm sure if I stopped my treatments I'd be fine...but still not risking it regardless... my biggest lesson was to stay away from clones... Your moms can look healthy ...clone perfect...and you'll think all systems go... but when I refer to DUDS... you cant tell until you've flowered out the plant.. its around the 3 week mark into 12/12 you realize the plant is a DUD ..

Every strain reacts different to this BM Toxin... OG Kush is by far the clone that duds the most .... Start from seed ... you wont regret it .. clone game has taken a huge shit in Cali...

In week three what kinds of physical properties exhibit the dud factor?

Also where do you get the regalia from? Thanks!

bobjennings

Can I use Nuke em and BiowarOG rotating back and forth in flower or should I just stick to OG biowar alone?

Thanks for everyones help, I just finished reading all 176 pages. so much info and muc repeat to everyone who dedicated time and effort. learned a lot! excited to tri OG biowar

nofriend

Gifted0ne,

I forgot to mention that I am growing in amended soil and I do not use bottled nutes. Also I soaked the containers at transplant as I am trying to rid myself of root aphids. I too am suspecting that some of the problem is the saturated soil. Thank you for the input.

sunset limited

Veteran
Gifted0ne,

I forgot to mention that I am growing in amended soil and I do not use bottled nutes. Also I soaked the containers at transplant as I am trying to rid myself of root aphids. I too am suspecting that some of the problem is the saturated soil. Thank you for the input.

got any pics bub? that would help.

used casp's foliar pack for the first time on friday night. scared the bejeezus out of me too. when i came in on saturday, it looked like my plants had spontaneously contracted stage IV powdery mildew. i seriously almost shit myself. whoa.

lexalotacus

I'm borrowing my friends microscope to try to positively ID what I've assumed to be broad/cyclamen mites, until then I'm trying everything to salvage like 15 ladies.. ugh

lexalotacus

Funny thing is.. I took about 3 younger plants to a friends house and they are exploding and dont seem to be suffering from broad mites. Hence the microscope.. I might just be dealing with root rot or something?

G

Gifted0ne

got any pics bub? that would help.

used casp's foliar pack for the first time on friday night. scared the bejeezus out of me too. when i came in on saturday, it looked like my plants had spontaneously contracted stage IV powdery mildew. i seriously almost shit myself. whoa.

It does that for me too, but doesnt seem to harm anything or progress ever.

eric2028

Veteran
can someone please give a review on KONTOS soil drench??? I ve been spraying ogbw for quite a while and am still seeing signs of bm damage here and there.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I just applied Kontos for root aphids and it doesn't seem to have fully worked yet, I'm curious how long it usually takes? I saw many fleeing the root zone, haven't had a chance to fully inspect the roots much and its not like I can really dig into them just yet.. There are many dead bugs though, just not all dead bugs. Gonna apply the Kontos once more and then do a Imid application or two.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I was gonna ask about Kontos too. How long does it take to kick in?? And how long does it last? I'm gonna re-read the label but I don't remember reading exactly how long it stays in the plant.

Pothead pixie

If you've got the broad mite clear the grow room,clean ,disinfect
They will eat your bud and if you do treat the plants you will still end up smoking dead bugs

lexalotacus

Root aphids are cake compared to broad mites brother.. I had those and simply dried out the soil between waterings and used Mycotrol O... You can also use basically any combo of oils as a root drench as long as the combo doesnt have a carrier oil that will suffocate your roots

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I don't have broads that I know of, but I've got thrips and RA with a small side order of spider mites. I read about Kontos in this thread so I was hoping for some clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.