What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gifted0ne

Id also like to note that i smoked quiet a bit of bud that a friend grew using poisons on his plants to control mites.(he doesnt give a shit about anyone) And I got deathly ill from it, sick for 6 weeks with severe cold and flu. Had a fever for like 3 weeks str8, coughing up blood etc.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thx RG, my hope is good cleaning and healthier plants will mean no PM before I start spraying anything for it...

Does this forum have any sort of advanced searching capabilities?

Seems the Aspirin drops my Ph quite a bit, along with my nutes, I'm simply gonna use (blue) ph up to fix that, right?

Thx for the feed back, peeps

Top of page....
Thread Tools>Search>Advanced Search for this thread, or just Search>Advanced Search on top of any page to search entire forum.

Foliar only

Foliar only

You are only purchasing the foliar pack correct? I assume there's no benefit from what ive read to mixing in the root drench when spraying for mites. Besides im using the Heisenberg tea for drench.

Yes, I only use the foliar spray as directed. I have heard good things about people using the root drench as well. I believe the root drench helps the plant with all sorts of problems including root bugs and immune help to make the plant stronger. But I found a simple way to keep soil healthy and stop all flying bugs from hatching in soil, as I use fox farm ocean forest to keep my mothers growing. I take a course rasp file and shave mosquito dunks into powder over the top of mother planters as a top dressing that gets watered in. (only takes a little for each container. 1 dunk will cover maybe 5-6 five gallon containers.I would do the mosquito dunk thing about every three or four months or even longer if I forget, works great...hehe

Paraquat

Paraquat

Id also like to note that i smoked quiet a bit of bud that a friend grew using poisons on his plants to control mites.(he doesnt give a shit about anyone) And I got deathly ill from it, sick for 6 weeks with severe cold and flu. Had a fever for like 3 weeks str8, coughing up blood etc.

Folks my age would smoke stuff that was sprayed with a chem called "Paraquat" it was a De-foliate that was used in the nixon drug wars. "I am not a criminal"...hehe "tricky Dick" Nixon. Also people came home from Nam who smoked agent orange covered Thai. Don't get me started about the crap that use to get put in Mexi bricks. There is no excuse for this anymore. Today we know the damage that can be prevented and its in our hands now.

knubs

did he spray in flower?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Kontos is all you need... Everything else is a waste of time

Everyone else is stroking their own ego... Kontos 1 and DONE

spend more time enjoying your life or becoming a better grower... less time stressing about pests... Kontos isn't a one trick pony..

No More Mites...Root Aphids...Gnats....White Flies.... 1ml a gallon

SYSTEMIC doesn't get any better...... KONTOS > Everything Else

Anyone who doubts this magic in a bottle should be ignored to the highest degree...

:yeahthats

O

OrganicOzarks

Poisoning people is the only way to go. Anything else would mean you actually care. :)

headimonster

well thats just nonsense, why would u ever smoke anything that was treated in flower with a poison? i would never recommend anyone using miticides that are toxic in flower, my theory was do it in veg, by the time the plant gets cut down and cured it should have moved thru the cells of the plant.....most miticides only active for 28days systemically....

G

Gifted0ne

well thats just nonsense, why would u ever smoke anything that was treated in flower with a poison? i would never recommend anyone using miticides that are toxic in flower, my theory was do it in veg, by the time the plant gets cut down and cured it should have moved thru the cells of the plant.....most miticides only active for 28days systemically....

I found out later.. There plenty of dicks who dont care or know better that have money and do a decent size grow using what ever poisons they need to make it successful.

G

Gifted0ne

Poisoning people is the only way to go. Anything else would mean you actually care. :)

No its just means you're growing for profit without intending to smoke it yourself. Or it's just your too stupid to care about your own health.

hellawatson

Mosquito Beeters from OSH!!!

Mosquito Beeters from OSH!!!

INTERESTING! It was a week ago that I read on this thread that there may be something in using mosquito dunks (Bacillus thuringiensis) to combat BM infestation, I thought what the heck and used one sack of Mosquito Beaters (OSH version of MDunks but granual sacks rather than donuts, same Bacillus thuringiensis tho, cost $12) put it in a nylon stocking in water, waited then stirred and sprayed a handful of my plants. A week ago I had no trouble finding BM all over my gals, now after 10min of searching I found 1.
I've been waiting for my OGBIOWAR to arrive and am just finally getting to trying a heat treatment. So in other words I've done nothing except spray with Bacillus thuringiensis one time last week! Sure seems like it's working! Correct me if I'm wrong but Bacillus thuringiensis is pretty much harmless on an indoor op right? What about outdoor?

MrDank

Veteran
If you're smoking something other than what you or your friends grow (and you know what's in it), then there is a 90% chance you are smoking harmful pesticides. The majority of commercial grows are treated like commercial grows

This also applies if you eat in restaurants, or buy non-organic foods from the store

Regulated

Regulated

If you're smoking something other than what you or your friends grow (and you know what's in it), then there is a 90% chance you are smoking harmful pesticides. The majority of commercial grows are treated like commercial grows

This also applies if you eat in restaurants, or buy non-organic foods from the store

Plus, even out of country fruit and vegetable crops are tested for banned pesticides. This is not yet the law for cannabis in as far as in country cultivation or otherwise. And some chems are actually more dangerous when burned and inhaled, compared to ingested through the digestive tract.

It is my understanding that the fungus or bacteria in the mosquito dunks or similar is very natural and safe . It's use is actually to be put in "Standing water" lol, most other forms of pest management will warn against this as it will be toxic to the environment ...But personal research is always best google is your friend.

Totally thought I had these fuckers under control, Forbid in veg, heat treatment for 60-90 minutes once a week in flower until week 5 has worked in all rooms and then WHAM, one room gets hit with it hard. Had to come back to this thread for more solutions and just ordered the Kontos. Please weed gods, let Kontos be the solution.
Does anyone know if the Forbid will affect OGBiowar effectiveness and if so, whats the best guess for how long you would have to wait after spraying forbid for it to be effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.