What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding

~Mac Lee~

Ok i got three males outta 7, two of the males are tall as hell wit 5 or 6 pollen sacks while the other one is short and buffed out wit purple pollen sacks it showed sex hella fast . My ? is the male wit purple sacks is that a good plant ta breed wit or what? Does soma's NYCD have purple in it?

Troy.No

Are you talking about Soma's NYCD or a cross with an autoflower? If your crossing an NYCD with an autoflower remember that you need to cross it twice to get full AF.

NYCD i believe have some purp in it.

Purple is allways nice, and if your looking for stealthy bushes then go for the purp!

Give us some more info about what you are going to do with what and it will be easier to give feedback.

Last edited:

~Mac Lee~

My bad yeah its JD's DR, i was just wondering about the male that had purple sacks didnt no if i was f-n up some where or what. Plus is it ok to dust the females now? All seven DR's broke ground on 3/24/09 3 male 4 female, i wanna keep 2 for seed and the other 2 for smoke.....

Troy.No

If you have given all the plants the same care its most likely genetic (the purp).

Just dust & breed Mac Lee!

You might wanna keep those 2 smokey-females long way from the boys if not you will
end up with shitloads of beans in your smoke.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Are you talking about Soma's NYCD or a cross with an autoflower? If your crossing an NYCD with an autoflower remember that you need to cross it twice to get full AF.

NYCD i believe have some purp in it.

Purple is allways nice, and if your looking for stealthy bushes then go for the purp!

Give us some more info about what you are going to do with what and it will be easier to give feedback.
You actually need to cross at least three times. Example of a strain i plan on making. SR71 pk x ML male. Then grow the f1's. Any auto females pollinate with the same ML pollen as the first cross. Grow out f2's the cross pollinate all the autos together the males and females and the af gene should be stable enough. You can then continue to breed the seeds to the phenos you like to stabilize them. All of the latter should be full auto for sure.

C

cork144

4 - 7 generations to ensure full 100% autoflower from crossing an AF with a non AF.

Troy.No

chubbynugs & cork144: Thanks for your information, and sorry for my misinformation :wallbash:

Note to myself: Never listen to stoned breeders :wallbash:

bromhexine

i think the best way to breed is to only cross to the auto once then grow the seeds out (they'll be 99 percent non auto) and cross them together. then the resulting seeds will be 1/4 auto and you can cross the best phenos and then inbreed some more. what do you guys think of that? i was also thinking itd be cool to make a cross of the auto with say skunk for example and then take the same pollen and pollinate haze for example and then cross both resulting beans with eachother to still get the 99 percent non auto and then cross them again for the 1/4 percentage of autos and you'll have many differnet phenos of autos to choose from to stabilize. any thoughts on that?

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
i think the best way to breed is to only cross to the auto once then grow the seeds out (they'll be 99 percent non auto) and cross them together. then the resulting seeds will be 1/4 auto and you can cross the best phenos and then inbreed some more. what do you guys think of that? i was also thinking itd be cool to make a cross of the auto with say skunk for example and then take the same pollen and pollinate haze for example and then cross both resulting beans with eachother to still get the 99 percent non auto and then cross them again for the 1/4 percentage of autos and you'll have many differnet phenos of autos to choose from to stabilize. any thoughts on that?
This would work but would take longer to stabilize and make the dominant gene autoflower. If you want the auto trait fast you need to pollinate as i stated above. Correct me if i am wrong though. I just remember talking to SaH or mdanzig about this a few years ago. Possible i rememberered the info wrong though. Either way we need to get the af variety list up to the 12/12 variety list.

C

cork144

lowryders and lowryder #2's will auto flower when breed with eachother or with themselves, if you want to take another non auto flowering strain and make it auto flower you have to do this:

for your males i say use lowryder #2, it's bushier and better.
for your females, whatever you want. start these plants about six weeks before your lowryder 2's, put them in flower when your lowryders start there first set of true leaves.

take 2 lowryder #2 male's and pollinate 2 female's of plant x.

save as much pollen as you can.

keep the offspring seeds seperate.

take the offspring seeds from that cross and choose the first female from each to show sex and again pollinate those female's with lowryder #2 pollen.

ok, so now you have two batches of seeds. now you have to start inbreding them to get the autoflower to 100%, just take the quickest ones to flower and breed em together. it should only take two or three grows, but some people say for it to become stable it takes seven.

some old info i saved awhile back, was going to cross snowryder with white widow.

I am personally not able to do 12/12 strains so I have to stick to already genetically auto plants. But the crossings possibilities there are already are plenty for me. I am crossing male hindu kush x female white russian; male lemon skunk x female ak-47; and some others. They are very fun just in themselves.

Enjoy your new strain though, I just have to stick to the tried and true, maybe someday I will be able to do my own though. We all can dream.

Peace/Love/Joy

bromhexine

yeah i bet there'll be new and better autos out in the near future from all sorts of seed banks because theres a huge demand for them they're selling out constantly all over

DIRT DIGGLER

This is my first year growing{other than my attempt 15 years ago}got auto aks,ak X hindu,LL seeds. ak's should be done mid june.I'm in the process of collecting pollen from my auto's. I'm gonna dust my early girl,non-auto ak 47 x ????,BC Ice clones {my outdoor line up}. gonna try and makin my my own auto crosses...It should be a fun adventure and exciting adventure.

I want a purple lady mother right now going seperately from my auto grow, and I would love to make it a AF. Ive got the mom, AF pollen and different autos at all stages of life. Where do I start here?

Peace/Love/Joy

Latest posts

Latest posts