What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding Question

eric.

Okay, let's say I have some S.A.G.E. and I want to cross it with something...do I have to stay in the sativa family or can I cross it with an indica?

just wondering..

JLP

Veteran
SAGE can be crossed to any Cannabis.SAGE is in fact itself a Sativa(Haze)-Indica(Afgan) hybrid.An excellent strain BTW,Ive grown it and found it to be a good blend.Some pheno variation,the more haze phenos stretch like crazy.

What kind of cross did you have in mind?

JLP:)

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Eric

Eric

But as far as crossing,it is a good thing to find 2 plants that are completely different as this will give rise to an infinite number of possibilities in the F2 generation,that is if you want to carry your stuff further such as in stabilizing a hybrid.You can also cross 2 sativa's (as in Haze,actually 4 sativa's in one)or 2 indi's as in NL#5 X Blueberry.It really depends on what your looking for(head or body or both)

Take care...............CC

eric.

hey JLP

I really want to cross Lifesaver and SAGE

to take the medicinal qualities of the Lifesaver but have the strong Sativa influence of the SAGE

that would be my ulitmate goal

JLP

Veteran
Yeah,that sounds like a good cross.Should help the flavor of the SAGE too.

JLP:)

eric.

that would be some very good bud.

I hope to do a few crosses like that. heres's a few ideas:

Lifesaver x Reclining Buddha
SAGE x Lifesaver
Free Tibet x Sweet Tooth 4
Skunk 1 x Lifesaver
Condoleeza 99 x SAGE x Lifesaver

This year will rock

eric.

I hope I can finish a bunch by October.

how would I enter a cross into a contest like the Cannabis Cup?

I'm stoked about my little project. maybe the CC is a little much, but hey, maybe one day, lol

ezozo

Hi eric,
I am only a trainee, but I think all of them will be great.
but except the skunk #1 non of them are true-breeding there for it's not realy F1's.
as I understand F1 comes from two true-breeding Parents.

but as I said I am only a trainee :rolleyes:

zozo

Eric you could get all thoes strain crossed but they would not be very stable and I wouldn't think of entering them in the cannabis cup unless you have put a year or 2 into breeding them. Then again cannabis cup only judges on quality of smoke. Anyway if you want anything that people would be interested in buying, it takes time to make good croses.

Latest posts

Latest posts