What's new

Breeding experiment. Spaceship/GDP

cadillachydro

Hello all, droppin by for some info.

I have a 45 day strain called Spaceship... its awesome. I just took it down. Super shiny crystally buds, glimmer real nice with a light green color and lots of amber hairs.

I also have a super stinky GrandaddyPurple about 7 weeks in flower, this strain can go as far as 10 weeks. Its beautiful. Ive never grown a strain to date so covered in sticky trichs.

Alright, I left one of the spaceships up for 51 days... it threw 3 nanners... two i picked open to check the viability of the pollen... look good. The third nanner i kept. I want to apply the pollen from this spaceship nanner to one or two of the lower budsites of the gdp.

Combining two awesome strains, one a 10wk and the other a 6, I figure i could get a really awesome cross.

How can i do it properly, or will it even work... the nanner plant was taken down 3 days ago. Will this pollen work? Is it mature enough? Is it two late to apply it to the 10wk gdp?

Lookin for times an possibilities here... thanks, keep it easy

beancounter

Veteran
i would attempt it for sure, that nanners not gonna last long.. jus pollinate a lower bud or 2 on the GDP and get yer self 10-50 beans and give a few a run..

Is there a good chance you will see some nanners in the offspring, probly.. But you will likely end up with some true females, and they could be amazing.. you may even end up with a few males, it happens aswell..

IMHO, I don't think you will get many true hermie females going this route.. a few late nanners, maybe, probly.. but I've rarely seen any full blown hermies from selfed (stressed) pollen.. altho i'm sure it happens depending on the strains.

i would do it, you don't have much to loose.. germ a few when they're done and see what happens, jus keep a good eye on em for herms and large male flower clusters..

good luck.

cadillachydro

Whats the best way to apply it?.. i was gonna crush the nanner in a cellufane and apply with a q-tip?... any better ideas?

G

i read of someone cutting pollen! the first i heard of this and it seems like a great idea.
i think the guy used some kind baking powder

well then.. sorry guys it was my best idea. As far as puttin pollen on a tube goes.
il be trying it as its easier to work with least waste in the long run im sure

best method ive seen is to let them shake together. last year i didnt collect enugh pollen to make it stretch. read on cuttin it the other day figured it was worth passin on

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
your idea is fine..

if your gonna cut the pollen, make sure it is dry and use plain white flour and then refridgerate it..

good luck

cadillachydro

No thanks. I'll let you guys try that one. Document and post your results for the community, I bet im not the only one that would wanna see how that works.

How long does the average seed take to mature from pollenation?

Thanks bean, nept

Last edited:
G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

hey whats up guys.
hey cadillachydro what is spaceship ive never hear of that 1 b 4.
hey beancounter, flour? wow i never heard of that 1 b 4. how would u do that?
i think that q-tip 1 will work a little better
that GDP IS THE BOMB!
Is the GDP, clone only or do they have seeds of it and if so what breeder has them? (sorry i when off topic), but i think we all tend 2 do that now and then lol
peace

beancounter

Veteran
'cutting' with flower jus spreads the pollen out, essentialy making it go a lil further.. the flour also acts as a descidant, in case there's still a bit of moisture left in the pollen. It just helps for freezing/cold storage..

I wasn't suggesting u do it caddilac, jus saying flour is better than baking powder for 'cutting' pollen..

cadillachydro

whats up guys... so i did it. I transfered the pollen to the buds. I was a bit impatient so i lightly rolled the nanner between my finger tips till the pollen spread evenly, then gently rubbed my fingers over a few nugs on the lowest branch. I did this to keep track which nugs i pollenated.

I know i coudve found a better way to apply it but theres always another time. I need to do more research on pollenation techniques. I'll contine growing the GDP and I can let another spaceship go late and throw another nanner. Till then we'll see what happens this time.

GR8... I was gifted Spaceship from a friend who had got them from another patient in the bay. He took all the cuts he wanted and gave me the originals. I took cuts after a few weeks veg then flowered the originals out. Its a TRUE 45 day strain. Maybe it gets its name because of how it grows. The first 3 weeks of flower are a little slow, then the damn things just take off. Its nuts. I harvested them about a week ago. After 4-5 days in a closet and with a soft snap of the stems, I jarred them up... Just smoked some sometonight.

Wonderful smoke. My new favorite. I took one big pull from the bong, then another to clear the bowl... Youre totally ripped but can still get things done, but it doesnt make you anxious or paranoid. The taste and smell are only get better with age, but right now the smell is sweet and lemony, like a sugar lemon pinesoll. The taste is different though, lofty and sour, it kinda stings the nose a bit. Its so sticky, I left a fresh nug in a new virgin bowlpiece for a few hours, it was kinda big so i needed to break it down before smoking it. As i tried to pull the nug from the glass it felt like someone glued it in there lol! It came out with a tug. Leave sticky oil on your fingers. Crystal coated nugs, very close to the GDP in resin production. Good bag appeal. Theres my mini description of Spaceship. Get some if you can!

Also GR8, GDP is a clone only cut. Not sure of its pedigree or history, but I do know its not in seed form. From what Ive heard, you should look and ask for Ken's cut.

Hey bean, thanks for the idea and advice, but I think i need to keep it simple to help minimalize my margin for failure. Thanks for droppin by. Keep it easy.

Real quick again, anyone know the typical time from pollenation to mature seed?

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
interested to see how this turns out for you cadi, sounds like an interesting cross.. and maybe come up with a nice quick flowerer. keep us posted im wanting to keep an eye on this. Peace, Dime

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

good looking out cadillachydro, hope u get them beans man!

Last edited:

Nape

3-5 Weeks for seeds to mature. I would give them 5+ You can harvest your other buds when ready and just leave the seeded buds to go longer. Just watch for the buds dropping seeds. I have had some heavly seeded buds go 6+ weeks and they started dropping some.

Latest posts

Latest posts