What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breaking Bad

Lone Wolf

Veteran
LW I think 95% of your stuff is off the mark ;P

With the previews they infer Mike digging a grave for Jesse etc etc, but thats a bluff they always do that with previews.

I think Mike is taking Jesse to a forced rehab, and to get his head together. Jesse won't be able to flee, and there will be nothing around him to distract himself.. he will try to come up with all kinds of ways to goof off... but in the end his shame will catch up to him. I suspect another somewhat transformative experience for Jesse.

Mike's getting burnt-out on the job.. And he already told Walt he doesnt make near what Walt makes... He was focused that exacto-knife on Gus' desk too... The man needs a raise.

Gale.. like him more and more.. that video lol...

95% really?!?!?!? :hide:

:cry:

Ramius

Veteran
It's pretty clear Jesse is not using drugs, he seems focused and knows what's going on around him, he simply just does not give a fuck any more whether he lives or dies

Euphrates

I wondered why mike was in the truck to begin with ? That didn't make any since to me. Where they transporting chemicals ?

I am sure things will begin to clear up this sunday. I too think mike is taking jessie to if not kill that thief, burry him in the desert to send the message that shit can happen-scaring the will to live back into jessie. I also recall in the brief preview of next week, Jessie starting to get scared in the car.

But the previews can play games w/ your mind

Cartel killers shot up the truck. Not sure why you think they were Russians.

They did a close up on Jessie's eyes and they were dilated...he's doing meth. Great actor, but they are going overboard with his "I don't care" bit and the scenes at his house.

Skyler is annoying, but definitely doing the right things. They make it clear she is no dummy.

Why do they have to make Walt such a tool half the time? Genius at science, clever in dealings with Gus, but no clue in every scene with his wife? Gets old.

Marie character needs less time on the show. Reminds me of the later Sopranos episodes where they spent too much time on the kids. Who cares?

Gail singing was classic...funny stuff.

WhiteShadow

I may be way off, but I thought that maybe the two guys in the beginning were there to either hijack one of Gus' shipments (remember in previous episode where they delivered all the meth via the pollos trucks) or they were there to destroy the shipment and cost Gus money. Possibly Gus was onto the plan and positioned Mike in the truck to either ensure its safe delivery or to take care of whomever showed up...I think Jesse will get into something with Mike and maybe not kill him but f him up and leave him out in the desert...

WhiteShadow

Don't get me wrong on this because I love this show, BUT the whole dinner/evening at Hank's place seemed rather bogus...At dinner we go through the shole "gambling" story whereby Walt has won soo much money that he doesn't want to give out numbers, but yet he has quit doping it and feels terribly ashamed in front of the family - wow thats a unique one how many folks go into gamblers anonymous to tell their fabulous story of winning and how it destroyed them? Then we move into the whole I'll help you anytime as well Hank (like on your cases, etc. - he really said that?) Walt then gets invited in for "insight" into a case where a meth super lab has been built and it is obviously a high level chemist that is performing the work and Hank has a folder of labnotes that on one of the pages has the initials WW, etc., etc. They proceed to discuss said initials and come up with Woodrow Wilson, someone else and then Hank says, "Walter White." Walt responds with "Oh I rememeber something on page 2," and immediately goes to it and says its a poem by Walt Whitman, deflecting Hank's quasi suspicion...NOW, are you telling me that after hearing that BS story at the dinner table, then searching for Walt because he was using the bathroom for too long (Hank "I thought you fell in."), and then sitting down and going over this particular case together, Hank (a supposed big time DEA agent) has no clue it could be Walt? C'mon man...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Imo, Mike will force Jesse to cap the thief. Reputation and street cred is on the line, and they have to take forceful and immediate action.

Not sure what Mike was doing in the delivery truck, but it was a bit weak when they spray it with gunfire, and Mike (hiding behind a couple boxes of whatever) only gets knicked...

They're building for the Gus vs. Walter showdown, and it's gonna suck if they leave it as a season ending cliff hanger.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
It's pretty clear Jesse is not using drugs, he seems focused and knows what's going on around him, he simply just does not give a fuck any more whether he lives or dies

*palm to head* Come on man, this is not the hardest thing to follow. Two episodes ago when his two old friends show up and its the three of them in the living room, Jesse cuts three lines. Who was the third line for? We see his eyes dialiated all the time. Jesse is using drugs bro hate to break it to you.

BUT the whole dinner/evening at Hank's place seemed rather bogus...At dinner we go through the shole "gambling" story whereby Walt has won soo much money that he doesn't want to give out numbers, but yet he has quit doping it and feels terribly ashamed in front of the family - wow thats a unique one how many folks go into gamblers anonymous to tell their fabulous story of winning and how it destroyed them? Then we move into the whole I'll help you anytime as well Hank (like on your cases, etc. - he really said that?) Walt then gets invited in for "insight" into a case where a meth super lab has been built and it is obviously a high level chemist that is performing the work and Hank has a folder of labnotes that on one of the pages has the initials WW, etc., etc. They proceed to discuss said initials and come up with Woodrow Wilson, someone else and then Hank says, "Walter White." Walt responds with "Oh I rememeber something on page 2," and immediately goes to it and says its a poem by Walt Whitman, deflecting Hank's quasi suspicion...NOW, are you telling me that after hearing that BS story at the dinner table, then searching for Walt because he was using the bathroom for too long (Hank "I thought you fell in."), and then sitting down and going over this particular case together, Hank (a supposed big time DEA agent) has no clue it could be Walt? C'mon man...

*palm to face x2* Walt in the eyes of his family and Hank is still a super nerd, why would Hank have any suspicion that he was involved? Just because we as the audience has seen his true character doesn't mean a family member is going to suddenly go "OMG that is the same initials as you! And you were a chemistry teacher! you must be making meth". Come on bro.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
gale was not a weed smoker. if you go to the breaking bad website and look at gale boettichers case file there's a paragraph that says, "The sample was NEGATIVE for the following drug classes," with "ALL" circled. Another paragraph says, "The sample SCREENED POSITIVE for the following drugs," but those listed were also listed under the NEGATIVE paragraph. So I think the circled ALL under NEGATIVE is the important part.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Why do they have to make Walt such a tool half the time? Genius at science, clever in dealings with Gus, but no clue in every scene with his wife? Gets old.

That's like the whole point of the show, according to the creator.
Not clueless exactly, but more and more unlikable till eventually you have no sympathy for him at all.

Then he dies.

Woops, spoiled it....:moon:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
the picture shows a hookah not a bong on the table and the case file says he tested negative for all drugs so did you ever think he could be smoking hookah tobacco?

i don't see where the love for the character comes from. he manufactured methamphetamine for a dangerous drug organization, but because he MIGHT of smoke some weed its alright? i personally can't stand the character. i didn't like em in the wire either haha

mtbazz

That's like the whole point of the show, according to the creator.
Not clueless exactly, but more and more unlikable till eventually you have no sympathy for him at all.

Then he dies.

Woops, spoiled it....:moon:

So in the first season or two I liked Walt. Starting with the last season he is getting more and more unlikeable. Initially he was a guy who was given a death sentence and was trying to make sure that he was able to leave something for his family. I am sure in that regard many of us here fit that scenario one way or another.

I think I started disliking him with the death of Jane, and what I see of the manipulation of Jesse as time goes on. Sometimes it seems he is generally interested in Jesse's welfare, other times he seems like he could care less and wants him around only as a lackey. As a matter of fact, the Walt/Jesse relationship seems like it is parallel to the Gus/Mike relationship.

Jesse I like, but I think only because I feel sorry for him.

I think one likely ending for the show, is that instead of Walt getting killed, he kills Gus, and moves into his position in the drug cartel.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
picture.php

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
I think one likely ending for the show, is that instead of Walt getting killed, he kills Gus, and moves into his position in the drug cartel.

Well, I've read several interviews with Vince Gilligan, and I don't think that's in the cards for Walt...