What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOXING-Who is the best in your opinion?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I believe the all-time best was Muhammad Ali and then Mike Tyson bringing up a close second. Even at his age if you watch him work out and understand how much he works out he’s still an animal.

CharlesU Farley

Being born and raised in Louisville Kentucky, it's real easy for me to say Muhammad Ali. Back when he fought Foreman, I was pretty sure Foreman was going to kick his ass. Best fighter strategy in the history of boxing, afaic. Imo, Ali is the best boxer of all time.

Tyson was quite simply, the best, most pure _fighter_ I've ever seen. We'll never see anyone like him again.

GainesvilleGreen

I disagree about Ali, Tyson would have went through him. Ali was outstanding boxer but Tyson would have knocked him out within 6 rounds or less

CharlesU Farley

I disagree about Ali, Tyson would have went through him. Ali was outstanding boxer but Tyson would have knocked him out within 6 rounds or less
Back in the day, that's exactly what everybody thought about George Foreman. Look what George did to Joe Frazier, who beat Ali once and damn near killed him the second time.

Whether the rope a dope or similar strategy would have worked with Tyson, I'm not sure. But after he lost to Buster Douglas, Tyson was never the same fighter.

Can't wait till Tyson pugilistically eviscerates Jake Paul. (y)

GainesvilleGreen

George was the man but can't compare to Tyson, period 💯 Tyson was that first Hybrid that is the total package.
Best Heavy Weight of all time. He was just a little crazy but can't deny him

GainesvilleGreen

Jake Paul about to get knocked out by Tyson, even though he's 58 or something. Telling you guys, this young Kat can't about to end his career from the Tyson.
Watch

SlangZaddy

1. Walker Smith Jr.
2. Julio Cesar Chavez
3. Muhammad Ali & Willie Pep
4. Roy Jones Jr.
5. Jack Johnson & Jim Corbett (for the combination of their contribution & their fighting)

Dime

Louis was invited to play in the 1952 Tucson Open. Louis shot a 69 in the opening round and a 72 in the 2nd round. His 2-round total of 141 enabled him to make the cut. Joe Louis is the only champion athlete from another sport ever to make the cut in a PGA event
Boxing record
Total fights 69
Wins 66
Wins by KO 52
Losses 3