What's new

Bought a FC 6500-EVO Samsung LM301H

LndRcLvr

I decided to sell one of my children and buy this light, as cannabis is much more important (that's a joke law enforcement lurkers)

I had just bought another white label light which works well at considerable expense, but what i didn't realise when i bought it was but it didn't dim and had no controls, also a significant hot spot in the middle of the room, it will become my backup.

so now i have this FC 6500-EVO Samsung LM301H in my possession i'm hoping to start using it within a month.

Please can any exsisting users give me some advice or tips they'd wished they had known when setting up , programming/ using ect.

thank you !

CharlesU Farley

I decided to sell one of my children and buy this light, as cannabis is much more important (that's a joke law enforcement lurkers)

I had just bought another white label light which works well at considerable expense, but what i didn't realise when i bought it was but it didn't dim and had no controls, also a significant hot spot in the middle of the room, it will become my backup.

so now i have this FC 6500-EVO Samsung LM301H in my possession i'm hoping to start using it within a month.

Please can any exsisting users give me some advice or tips they'd wished they had known when setting up , programming/ using ect.

thank you !
Wish I could help but I'm totally ignorant of the light. That's the best/funniest opening sentences in a forum post that I've seen in a _very_ long time. 🤣

blondie

I aim to please.

You ever see the signs hanging in bathrooms... “We aim to please. You aim too, please. “....

I’ve got a monster 6500 same or similar light to you. Watch the connector closely. There are a few reports where this plug has either caused a fire or came close. Mine got very hot and seemed to get hotter. It’s replaced. I was close to getting some type of two wire pigtail and cutting out the mars connector but in this situation kudos to them. They sent me a new one.

LndRcLvr

Best sign I ever saw in a bathroom, "please don't throw cigarette butts in the urinal. After all, we don't piss in your ashtray."
I think the closest we get to that sign in the UK is 'if you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat' it takes a special kind of person to put that in the bathroom .

LndRcLvr

You ever see the signs hanging in bathrooms... “We aim to please. You aim too, please. “....

I’ve got a monster 6500 same or similar light to you. Watch the connector closely. There are a few reports where this plug has either caused a fire or came close. Mine got very hot and seemed to get hotter. It’s replaced. I was close to getting some type of two wire pigtail and cutting out the mars connector but in this situation kudos to them. They sent me a new one.
Are you using the app that programmes it to mimic sunrise sun set? Sets the time schedule ect?

blondie

Hmmm. I may have a different model. No, I don’t use sunrise sunset or any of that if it’s available. Wall plug timer. I don’t usually dim. The light does a pretty decent job though I think.