What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BlueDigiBerry F2

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey patgeo2364 i think Bootz has mentioned you as his collaborator before ! great to hear that you've had some success with those genetics...
and thanks for the kind words! tbh most of it was luck... the BDB as a romantic notion of bringing together an old BB cut from the states and a BB plant from the genetics that DJ Short bought over to Europe... but it seems to have worked ! (big thanks to dank.frank and chilli_berkster for the Digi)
The black Cheese is something i need to go back to... bootz was always mithering me to do more with it !

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi, i am going to send more stock on monday or tuesday, there are plenty of seeds atm !

hi, just to update, seedbay wanted to check the stock levels before i sent more in, and now i am away for a week. You may see it come back in stock at seedbay in the meantime... but at the worst i can send new packs (i have plenty) in a week's time.
sorry for any delay

aliceklar

Hey patgeo2364 i think Bootz has mentioned you as his collaborator before ! great to hear that you've had some success with those genetics...
and thanks for the kind words! tbh most of it was luck... the BDB as a romantic notion of bringing together an old BB cut from the states and a BB plant from the genetics that DJ Short bought over to Europe... but it seems to have worked ! (big thanks to dank.frank and chilli_berkster for the Digi)
The black Cheese is something i need to go back to... bootz was always mithering me to do more with it !

Really looking forward to giving these a go VG. Love the history, and they sound like they will have just the kind of effect I love. Have been working through DF's long post with some history about the digi. Cool stuff.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks aliceklar ! - i look forward to seeing how you get on with them...

For those that have been waiting for them to come back into stock... my apologies for the delay, the communication with seedbay took a while and i went away,- i have a new package that i was going to send today (but the post office was unexpectedly closed) so now they will be posted tomorrow and should arrive at seedbay on Thursday.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedbay have the packs and they should go up some time very soon. Also sent some of the Pine Tar Gush F3 because afaik all the F2s ran out some time ago.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I ended up with nine girls. Four F3s, three BDB F2 [pheno #1] x (GF x BB) and two BDB F2 [pheno #2] x (GF x BB). What's standing out to me at the moment is the three crosses of #1. BDB F2 [#1] was short tight and dark. She did not stretch much and wasn't a big yielder but really brought the blueberry muffin terps. If I had to guess I would say two of the three are leaning more toward the SweetTooth side of the pairing and the other more toward pheno #1 of BDB F2. Eager to smell what aromas these plants bring!

Group:

Group, day 10 flip.jpg

The four F3s are to the right. The two pheno #2 crosses are centerstage and the other three back left.

Three crosses of #1:

#1 crosses.jpg

These are ten days from flip. Rather happy with how well all of them are knotting up already. And yes, I am getting hit with a real nice funk when opening the tent. :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow shmavis they look great! - a tent full of promise for sure. Liking the look of that cross too, a definite difference for the two parent plants for sure !

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks fellas! So far so good - hopefully I can bring them across the finish line in fine form. They were started under T5 and then started to veg under 400w MH when I realized I wouldn't have enough room I moved them into their own tent under the COB panel. There was a bit of an adjustment period but they came around. There is no carbon filtration on the tent and man is it starting to let me know that! Decent frost for day 21:

#1 x ST, day 21.jpg

One of the three #1 crosses at day 21 - my favorite:

BDB F2 [#1] x ST.jpg

If you look back at the group photo with the F3s to the right in the tent, the plant in the back right corner is clearly bigger and sporting a different frame than the rest. At the time of numbering she was labeled as #3. Her structure is really starting to impress me and if she stacks like it looks like she might, she'll be a decent yielder. I still prefer the shorter tighter bushier overall appearance of F3 #1, but I don't think she will be a big yielder. This weekend I will be cleaning all of them up and leaving a couple lowers on each so as to lightly dust them with some God Bud pollen. :dance013:I will get some pics of F3 #1 then.

F3, #3:

BDB F3, day 21.jpg

This plant also has narrower leaves than the majority of the others. I don't think the pic does that great of a job showing it but there's a definite difference. Only one other plant of the nine shares the narrower leaf form.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Absolutely fantastic terps on these two plants!

F3 #1 & #3, day 27:

F3 #1 & #3, day 27.jpg

F3, #1, day 27:

F3 #1, day 27.jpg

F3, #3, day 27:

F3, #3, day 27.jpg

#3, close:

F3, #3, day 27, close.jpg

It is mentioned in this thread that skunky terps can be found. I hadn't had the privilege until now... #1 has some very strong skunky terps but the cool part is that blueberry is in there as well. Not sweet muffin type nose but a deeper doughy (maybe) presence. Very dank stuff. And #3 on the other hand is very addicting - I cannot quit rubbing on her when tending to the girls. Full-out mentholated candied-blueberries. Smells phenomenal! If I had to guess she is more representative of VG's DP Blueberry (?).

Great weekend to all!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey shmavis they are both lovely looking, but number 3 looks like my BB mother when it's been given a bit of space.. and the terp profile sounds very familiar, although the mother does have some floral and slight skunky tones as well. Plant 1 from my F3 seed run was pure candied almost artifical sweet berry. just running that again to make more seeds to add to the 'curated' F3 seed mix for the packs ..and keeping it around for the moment.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, chased the stock again this morning so should have that sorted soon (PANIKS should be back)

here are a couple of pics of the BDB F2 #1 that was one of the seed mums for the F3s. I ran this again and made a few more seeds because it is a great pheno, candy berry, but has quite a low seed yield and i wanted to bump up the number i got to add to the F3s. Not the best pics but you get the idea!
BDB1nug.jpg
BDBmacro.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts