Blue Streak 2nd run.

B

Bizarro Grower

10 4 10 in 48hrs.

I soaked in a cup of bottled water overnight and I wetted a papertowel and cracked each in my teeth and placed in the wet towel and 36 hrs later all are ready to go.

Bizarro

B

Bizarro Grower

Bizarro Grower said:
10 4 10 in 48hrs.

I soaked in a cup of bottled water overnight and I wetted a papertowel and cracked each in my teeth and placed in the wet towel and 36 hrs later all are ready to go.

Bizarro

I decided to do a seed run and I want some to smoke so I started my second pack of BS with 100% germ. So thats 20 4 20 by soaking overnight and precracking than 48 hours in a wet papertowel.

Bizarro

Last edited:

gunnaknow

What AF percentage are this generation of BS at? I'm presuming that it's at or above 90% by now. I don't believe that there is such a thing as 100% AF, despite what people say. You can get it to 99.9999% and beyond, after inbreeding for hundreds of generations but it would take infinity to reach 100%.

Although when it reaches 99.9%, that's one non-AF out of a thousand, which is as good as 100% to any grower. Infact, once it reaches 98% I think that it's acceptable to advertise it as 100% AF, as only one in fifty won't AF.

I had a ML that never autoflowered and I've occasionaly read of others experiencing the same, so ML is probably between 99% and 99.9% AF. LR and LR2 are probably in the same percentile range. Back to the original question, what AF percentage is this generation of BS at, aproximately? Thanks.

Gunna

Last edited:

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
I slightly agree and disagree. I have never had a M.L. not AF, at leat not mine.

Kizzattack

That sounds like an impossible question to answer.

There may occasionally be mutants which don't auto-flower, but it's impossible to accuratly give figures as to the percentage that auto-flower. You could start 1000 seeds and have them all auto-flower, and you could start another 1000 and have none of them auto-flower (although that is extreamly unlikely). It's all down to luck, but you would have to be one unlucky person to have them not auto-flower in my opinion.

gunnaknow

Kizzattack said:
That sounds like an impossible question to answer.

There may occasionally be mutants which don't auto-flower, but it's impossible to accuratly give figures as to the percentage that auto-flower. You could start 1000 seeds and have them all auto-flower, and you could start another 1000 and have none of them auto-flower (although that is extreamly unlikely). It's all down to luck, but you would have to be one unlucky person to have them not auto-flower in my opinion.

Yes, I understand your point Kizzattack. I'm not asking what percentage ML is because it's clear that we're talking about fractions of a percent when it is so autoflowering dominant. You can't put an accurate figure on the AF percentage, you can only make a guestimate. My guess is that somewhere in the region of 1 in 500-1000 ML won't autoflower. When such occurances are so rare, you would need to germinate millions of seeds to get the percentage reasonably accurate, so that chance is less likely to play a part.

I was really only asking what the AF percentage of BS is, not the finished products like ML. Also, what I really meant to ask was, going on the number of BS that you've germinated, what percentage of those didn't AF? With a large enough sample size, one can get a rough idea of the chances that one in however many might not AF.

mdanzig said:
Well, once the AF trait is locked in how could you have any of them not AF?,

Here's my theory MD. Selectively inbreeding for the AF trait is merely diluting the non-AF genes, not getting ride of them altogether. The problem is that all of the genes are so intricately mixed up together and you can't completely isolate them from eachother (unless you get into genetic engineering). If you could completely isolate the genes by selective breeding, you would be able to produce F2s that were 100% AF from AF F1s, yet you can't. Instead, what you see is a decreasing concentration of non-AFs with each generation, as if the genes responsible are being diluted.

Like a glass of orange juice being diluted with glass after glass of water, you just end up with increasingly diluted orange juice, not pure water. Eventually you will end up with an ocean of extremely diluted orange juice. The orange juice molecules will become so dispersed that it appears as though you have pure water, when in reality you don't. Pure enough for it to be considered pure for all intents and purposes, yet not mathematically pure.

With enough generations of selective inbreeding, you can dilute the non-AF genes enough so that it appears as though the strain is 100% AF. Therefore, for all intents and purposes it is 100%, not in the mathematical sense but in the human scale sense. In other words, occurances of non-AF expression can eventually be made so rare that they never show themselves within a person's lifetime and could therefore be considered as good as 100% AF, on the human scale.

Going on the fact that I had an ML that didn't AF after months of waiting and a few others have reported finding such a rogue seed, I would say that ML probably isn't 100% AF on the human scale yet, although it's approaching it. Unless, the rogue seeds that we grew weren't ML and were the result of a rare, alien pollen grain landing on one of your ML pistills during a seed run, which shouldn't be ruled out. Either way, the best that a breeder can hope to eventually achieve is 100% AF on the human scale, not 100% AF in the mathematical sense.

However, it's just a theory that I was mentioning in passing, until you picked up on that part of my post. I consider >98% AF near enough for growers purposes. What really interests me the most is the aproximate percentage of MD's or S&H's BS seedlings, which didn't AF. One in five? One in ten? The discription on Seedsman states that BS isn't yet 100% AF, so I thought that I'd ask. If that's something that MD or S&H don't wish to disclose publicly at this point then I understand. Thanks.

Gunna

Last edited:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
gunnaknow said:
What really interests me the most is the aproximate percentage of MD's or S&H's BS seedlings, which didn't AF. One in five? One in ten? The discription on Seedsman states that BS isn't yet 100% AF, so I thought that I'd ask. If that's something that MD or S&H don't wish to disclose publicly at this point then I understand. Thanks.

Gunna

Out of this last run all have AF'd on 24/7 for me. Here just after Christmas i'll be starting 30 Blue Streak for another seed run and i'll be releasing this run myself. I'll try and make sure several places have BS to get rid of so more can get it.

For what Seedsman has posted I cannot say....he had it before when it was unreleased and may just have changed it.

S_a_H

scias

in need of a blue streak

in need of a blue streak

mdanzig said:
Good post!

MD, where can i get some blue streak seeds?
I know im new here, but i also post on cannacabana and rollitup. so if integrity is an issue, well, dont let it be :D
also, i noticed you were in long beach... im trying to make some connections in the states for seeds seeing as how ive ordered 3 packs from UK and netherlands
and so far only 1 has come in. (which was the least anticipated of the 3) :(

thanks in advance!

Ganico

That BlueStreak should be out at seedbay and seedboutique soon. You'll have to order from them or somewhere else, as MD doesn't sell beans to the public, or to the US. MD sells beans to companys where it's legal in their country only

scias

yeah, i figured as much... the unavailability to US is making me want to open a US seedbank. i figure ill have to start my own breeding before that is possible.

scias

Bizarro Grower said:
10 4 10 in 48hrs.

thats funny.... but whats even more funny is my first grow i dropped the seeds in a glass of tap water. forgot about them completely, came back 2 days later and all had sprouted about 1/4 inch root. i planted them in a cup and 2 days later they had first true leaves. talk about ghetto, but speedy :D

gunnaknow

S_a_H said:
Out of this last run all have AF'd on 24/7 for me. Here just after Christmas i'll be starting 30 Blue Streak for another seed run and i'll be releasing this run myself. I'll try and make sure several places have BS to get rid of so more can get it.

For what Seedsman has posted I cannot say....he had it before when it was unreleased and may just have changed it.

S_a_H

Thanks buddy, that's the information that I was hoping for. It's all sounding very promising. Are you going to start 30 seeds in total or start enough to get 30 to maturity?

Gunna

Last edited:

scias

Ganico said:
There's still seedbanks that ship to the US though, that's not what I meant.

yeah i know, but customs are sometimes a pain to clear. i ordered from 3 seedbanks and the most unheard of is the only place ive received from so far. so if a seedbank is in the US there would be like a 99% success of seeds actually getting to the consumer. the 2 places i ordered from that havent come in were dr.chronic and seedboutique. the one that did come in was buydutchseeds.com ... go figure.

gunnaknow

scias said:
yeah i know, but customs are sometimes a pain to clear. i ordered from 3 seedbanks and the most unheard of is the only place ive received from so far. so if a seedbank is in the US there would be like a 99% success of seeds actually getting to the consumer. the 2 places i ordered from that havent come in were dr.chronic and seedboutique. the one that did come in was buydutchseeds.com ... go figure.

It might not work but you could try asking the seedbanks to remove your seeds from the labelled packaging and put them in a plain package before sending them.

Latest posts