What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(((Blue 😴 Dream)))

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
9C11CC2E-A292-4E49-9F7F-3CC387D0FA63.jpeg
E2BB7351-706A-492A-A16C-20F9AA4F5CFC.jpeg

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For the sake of conversation Do we actually know the origins of blue dream? can it be traced back to the original area and the people who made the strain? .. Blueberry x Super silver haze? or was it super silver haze x blueberry? Whose blueberry ? whose super super haze I’m thinking the first I heard about it was probably around 2006/2007 I’m not sure

Santa Cruz Pure Haze x DJ Blueberry Sativa F4 - is the accurate genetics.

I spent years looking for other Santa Cruz Pure Haze crosses. It's said to be pre-Skunkman - pre-Amsterdam, from extension of the BOEL era.

I used to hate on her big time - '06 - '09 the Michgan market was flooded with Cali packs of 'mersh grown Blue Dream. Seemed like that was all anyone could buy.

Since then, I tried the real deal, grown properly, and I fell in love with her high. Very visual and I love smoking her while out in nature. It's like putting on a pair of polarized glasses. Colors just POP. Enough energy to her to keep you marching on a hike too.

I have some Santa Cruz Pure Haze x Neville's Haze now. The Neville's was first sorted a few gens in HI, then seed lots were passed to Northern Cali and sorted for a few generations. Then up to Alaska for a couple generations, before the Santa Cruz Haze cut was hit with a selected male. Those seeds are on my list to sort in the near future.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

mexicani-ar

Santa Cruz Pure Haze x DJ Blueberry Sativa F4 - is the accurate genetics.

I spent years looking for other Santa Cruz Pure Haze crosses. It's said to be pre-Skunkman - pre-Amsterdam, from extension of the BOEL era.

I used to hate on her big time - '06 - '09 the Michgan market was flooded with Cali packs of 'mersh grown Blue Dream. Seemed like that was all anyone could buy.

Since then, I tried the real deal, grown properl, and I fell in love with her high. Very visual and I love smoking her while out in nature. It's like putting on a pair of polarized glasses. Colors just POP. Enough energy to her to keep you marching on a hike too.

I have some Santa Cruz Pure Haze x Neville's Haze now. The Neville's was first sorted a few gens in HI, then seed lots were passed to Northern Cali and sorted for a few generations. Then up to Alaska for a couple generations, before the Santa Cruz Haze cut was hit with a selected male. Those seeds are on my list to sort in the near future.

dank.Frank

As flower~power stated excellent description dank.Frank .

It's great to finally get a description on the Santa Cruz Blue Dream.

I grew this cut a while back, would take her to 11 weeks flowering under CMH at a 11/13 - on/off light schedule. Easy to grow and a great high, I never understood why this cut got so much hate.

St. Phatty

Is Blue Dream sort of like NL x Haze ?

except with Blueberry for the Indica, instead of NL ?

I got it once as a freebie. The smoke was good.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not at all a fair comparison. Maybe if it was Blue Moonshine used (BB indica) instead of a Blueberry Sativa F4 parent as the male - but you can't compare it to a NL type cross.

Santa Cruz Pure Haze is pre-amsterdam. Pre- Sam the Skunkman. I still have not been able to track down EXACTLY everything about her. I've grown enough blueberry and blueberry hybrids over the years to know what blueberry brings to the equation. The Blue Dream - is special, because of the Santa Cruz Pure Haze, not the blueberry inclusion.

To the best of my knowledge, she is the oldest clone kept intact and unadulterated. I think the Cali-O cut can be traced back to 1978. Santa Cruz Pure Haze is from the very beginning of the haze era. She has been, to my knowledge, accurately dated to 1968. One of the very first intentionally selected keepers of what gave birth to the haze era. Santa Cruz was a hub during that time period and a lot of seeds from imported sativa from all over the world was being played with and bred and combined. Some of the earliest factions of BOEL are said to be responsible for the creation of this particular cut.

It was thanks to @gmanwho and his growing of Blue Dream that changed my opinion of her and set me on sort of a pursuit to understand more about her. This led me to talking to old NorCal people who had been in the scene for generations. When they started telling me Blue Dream was a plant that was worth the time every time - it really opened my eyes - and told me exactly how wrong I was for labeling her as "Cali 'mersh" for so many years. You can look back an you will see posts of mine, dissing and making fun of Blue Dream.

I was wrong. She's a great plant with very special heritage.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Not at all a fair comparison. Maybe if it was Blue Moonshine used (BB indica) instead of a Blueberry Sativa F4 parent as the male - but you can't compare it to a NL type cross.

Santa Cruz Pure Haze is pre-amsterdam. Pre- Sam the Skunkman. I still have not been able to track down EXACTLY everything about her. I've grown enough blueberry and blueberry hybrids over the years to know what blueberry brings to the equation. The Blue Dream - is special, because of the Santa Cruz Pure Haze, not the blueberry inclusion.

To the best of my knowledge, she is the oldest clone kept intact and unadulterated. I think the Cali-O cut can be traced back to 1978. Santa Cruz Pure Haze is from the very beginning of the haze era. She has been, to my knowledge, accurately dated to 1968. One of the very first intentionally selected keepers of what gave birth to the haze era. Santa Cruz was a hub during that time period and a lot of seeds from imported sativa from all over the world was being played with and bred and combined. Some of the earliest factions of BOEL are said to be responsible for the creation of this particular cut.

It was thanks to @gmanwho and his growing of Blue Dream that changed my opinion of her and set me on sort of a pursuit to understand more about her. This led me to talking to old NorCal people who had been in the scene for generations. When they started telling me Blue Dream was a plant that was worth the time every time - it really opened my eyes - and told me exactly how wrong I was for labeling her as "Cali 'mersh" for so many years. You can look back an you will see posts of mine, dissing and making fun of Blue Dream.

I was wrong. She's a great plant with very special heritage.

dank.Frank
Please keep us updated on the santa cruz pure haze. Do u have a pic to share of her?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
What are the effects like with Blue Dream? I have no hope of getting a cut due to where I am, but I can get this medically prescribed. I am after some specific things in a high and would be great if someone could fill me in.

Beautiful pics as always flower power. Some growers on here I make a bee line to whenever I see a new post. I hope you don't feel like I'm stalking!. :ying:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
What are the effects like with Blue Dream? I have no hope of getting a cut due to where I am, but I can get this medically prescribed. I am after some specific things in a high and would be great if someone could fill me in.

Beautiful pics as always flower power. Some growers on here I make a bee line to whenever I see a new post. I hope you don't feel like I'm stalking!. :ying:

Clear headed euphoria woth a shit-eating grin.
Gentle energy with no anxiety
Its so good, Cookies Fam had to start a smear campaign "fuck blue dream" just to get any market share because blue dream was really the best.