What's new

Blue Digi Rhino

funny that little staminate flower on the leaf, that's a new one....could paint a few hairs with it
Hey bro.. true but I do have a blue digi rhino male :party:

They look great... good that there is a range of terp profiles by the sound of it... will be interesting if the BB terps develop a skunky or cheesy edge as they mature. The BDB occasionally has a burnt rubber smell that you would recognise as a part of the chem funk. I love the candy/sweet edge to some of the BDB plants as well so great that you are finding it.
superb show !
VG :tiphat:
Thank you VG. And bigger thank you to you for letting me run these varieties

So terpy man almost too much, you can't go near them without coming out smelling like candy pine tree sap. And from so early too + resin, they kinda stomped the C4DD4 out the gate let's see how the second half plays out. Sticky messes, and I can run them hard, I'm loving these plants.

Dude I found the 'Blue Rhino' outrageously rich terps from both sides it seems..
BDR#9
20220617_083933.jpg

20220617_083938.jpg

Theres dicks throughout the bud if you look closely I believe.. I can't speak on it until I run the clones tbf
20220617_084548.jpg

Spoke too soon.. here's another one coming with the rich fruity spike..
BDR#1
20220617_085802.jpg
20220617_085807.jpg

Last edited:

GlandualFever

Nice! also interesting... structure wise, including the buds, these look very like the BDB, although the leaves are similar to the WR. This is the first time ive used BDB in a cross and i'm surprised that it seems at this stage to be passing on its traits quite strongly.. and the WR is generally pretty strong in crosses itself.
The terps sound nothing much like either parent atm but that might change...
Lets see if the rooted cutting of 'the wild one' remains fasciated or grows out of it!

VG :tiphat:
VG the terps being described as starburst, less citrus fruity finish sounds bang on to Rhino terps. I always suspected some blueberry relation maybe a shared ancestor, but blue rhino was blue in a different way. More blue chees type terps. sounds like the BDB brings out some of the better qualities of the rhino.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool dots, we will have to see about the nanners.. hopefully you might not see on the next run.. but they are always not far from the blueberry lines.. pushing the nutes on straight BB can bring them, heat can, and even bending the buds over mid flower can bring them... often sterile but not desirable. Terps and everything else sounds very promising. The WR is incredibly hard to reverse imo so i would be surprised if the cross made any intersex possibilities worse but you never know.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VG the terps being described as starburst, less citrus fruity finish sounds bang on to Rhino terps. I always suspected some blueberry relation maybe a shared ancestor, but blue rhino was blue in a different way. More blue chees type terps. sounds like the BDB brings out some of the better qualities of the rhino.
hey GF !
Thats true the rhino does have a sharp fruity finish that is not as loud as the skunky cheesy but defo there. I was hoping for a blueberry cheesecake pheno lol... very happy with the show so far !

VG

Day 37

#7 the 'blue' pheno
20220620_081931.jpg

Notice the red leaf vein
20220620_082231.jpg

#1 is this bud structure from the BB side @VerdantGreen ?
20220620_082023.jpg

20220620_082037.jpg

#5 is a once and done because she was too small to take a clone..
20220620_082026.jpg

#1 in veg
20220620_074152.jpg

The gang..
Bottom left #7 the blue
Top left #4 another early fave
Bottom right #9
Top right #6.. (unless it's a mislabel🤔)
20220620_074203.jpg

VG can you spy the purple calyx in here?
20220619_103003.jpg

20220617_083332.jpg

#9 very similar the #4
20220617_083702.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lovely ! - the bud structure of the BDB is quit varied.. from indica to sativa pattern... but i can see its influence in there... my BB mother looks quite similar in some ways and will basically stack calyxes into fox tails if the nutes are there (probably N) Certainly the fluffyness and big pistils look like BDB.. but i can see influence of the WR in there too. The red vein happens on the BB mum when it is stating to get short of P/K (but this is often a result of root binding rather than depletion)
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow! beautiful. that second shot with the chunky buds in the background on the right (C4DD4 ? ) is superb

VG