What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blissful Wizard with Purple Cotyledons

Dutchland

I was fortunate enough to score a pack of my favorite strain Blissful Wizard from a IG auction cheap ($100) and even got some East Coast 13's as freebies (G13 Haze x B-Wiz)
B-Wiz.JPG
I germinated 4 seeds so far and luckily all 4 rooted :greenstars:
1 of the 4 has purple tinge to it's leaves... even the cotyledons have purple tips.
B-Wiz2.jpg

B-Wiz3.jpg

Although they aren't the healthiest due to the new LED I am testing out which is a "Garage LED from HomeDepot called "Beyond Bright - Super Nova 77-Watt with 7,500 Lumens of pure white light" which I think is a bit too much+too close to the seedlings with too much white (kelvin)
LED.jpg

I still think the purple accents are genetic (vs environmental) because it is the only 1 of the 4 that looks like this. Most likely is a Cherry Pie dominate pheno of B-Wiz = ('09 Animal Cookies x Cherry Pie) X '09 Animal Cookies.
I've grown a few purple strains in the past and I don't think any of them had purple tipped cotyledons, Including; DJ Short's Grape Krush, Double Purple Doja cross, Gorilla Grape cross, Pakistan Chitral Kush, Blue Satellite ect. ect.
Gorilla Grape (FL Cut) x (GG x Emperor Kush).jpg

Blue Satellite 2.2 (x15).jpg
Pakistan Chitral Kush (x36).jpg

I just ordered a MARS HYDRO (2023 version) TS1000W because a wise man here at ICMag once said "You go cheap... You grow cheap" So I consider it an investment, and although a ton of people seem to be using this 150w LED for flowering it will merely be a vegging fixture for me.
Although I own a 600w and a 1000w digital+switchable MH/HPS ballast with hood/cool-tube, I doubt I will be using either. (They'll be good for back-ups) I always end up battling high temps + factor in the savings to operate them.
So I will probably upgrading to something like SonoFarm's "MAXX PRO 8" 680w LEDs which should pay for itself over time
https://www.amazon. com/SonoFarm-Spectrum-Commercial-Hydroponics-Greenhouse/dp/B08QGF6K9J?ref_=ast_sto_dp
(You have to take the brake in between Amazon. & com to get link to work... wouldn't allow me to link it)
It doesn't have many reviews but the few it has are all positive... unless someone can recommend anything better?

:pirate:-Dutch

Attachments

• Pakistan Chitral Kush (x36).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Gorilla Grape (FL Cut) x (GG x Emperor Kush).jpg
    Gorilla Grape (FL Cut) x (GG x Emperor Kush).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Pakistan Chitral Kush (x36).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Dutchland

I wanted to show my pack of ECPD (the Double Purple Doja cross I was referring too) but it put me over my 10 Pic limit :chin:
ECPD (x32).jpg

Out of the literal hundreds (if not thousands) of seeds I've germinated, pretty sure these B-Wiz are the fastest I've ever seen seedlings take off... This pic was taken 4 days and 2 hours after I took the beans out of the fridge and placed them into paper towels... The purple pheno took 24 hours more to crack open and produce a tail (back right corner)
B-Wiz4.jpg

B-Wiz7.jpg

Here they are only 7 days from placing them into paper towels:
B-Wiz5.jpg

And then I moved them closer to the light which apparently was already too close and it was too much for them... it stunted them-but I didn't know that until it was too late-delaying their progress at Week 2: :wallbash:
B-Wiz6.jpg

Oh Well... at least I recognize and learn from my mistakes :spanky:

:mopper:-Dutch

Last edited:

Dutchland

Forgot to mention... the soil is my proprietary blend of 50% Promix Organic Garden Mix, 50% Pine bark and 50% is a composition of 4 different kinds of volcanic rock (for drainage) I use for my Bonsai trees. :thinking:
We have a beautiful sunny day here today, so I fed them a light dose of FF Grow Big and CaMag+ then placed them outside... to try to get some of their color back 🌞
:moon:
:tree:-Dutch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts