What's new

Blew Out a Spark Plug!!!

S

SeaMaiden

Thanks watts. It could be worse, a whole lot worse. And we got it home ourselves, which is always better. I need to remember to call the insurance company and make sure we have car rental coverage, though.
your leg healed up good?...a good harvest fixs alot:biggrin:
Meh, it's still there, which is something I suppose. The good harvest will make it all worthwhile!
retapping your threads won't work, and over time, you have a money pit sucking your cash. this will be a nasty problem over the next few years for you.

your mech cross threaded your plugs when they were changed the last time
No he didn't, because if that were the case then the one he repaired would have been the one that blew. But it wasn't. It's also been 3-4yrs and we've put a hell of a lot of miles on it since then, up and down the state of California.

This vehicle has surprised me with how reliable it's been since we bought it, especially considering what we've done with it.
btw if it was the powerstroke excursion..i could give some good pointers..built a couple beasts that would pull a semi.
I don't know about that, Jim. My father had the F250 duelly model and the Excursion out-towed it every time. Especially up here where there's topography? I can't tell you how many times Dad showed up with his toybox (you know, those dual-purpose travel trailers that have room for you to put motorcycles, for Dad it's ATVs), his truck screaming in disbelief that he tried to take it up here again, and we'd unhitch his truck and hitch up ours and off I'd go to park for him. Excursion has made it easy peasy.

I've done a LOT of trailering in my life, due to the years I spent on the horse show circuit.

I've driven Suburbans, which are supposed to be the closest match to the Excursion, and while they're a cushy ride, that's about all that can be said about them. It's even easier to get old people in and out of the Excursion than it is a Suburban. I wish Ford had continued to make this model, it's done a lot of work and hauling for us. I like it better than the Dodge I had, too.

T

toughmudderdave

Well it's done. Installing the insert itself was the easy part. Boring out the head took the longest time. All in all, about a 2.5 hour job. Not terribly bad. This pic shows the old blown plug along with the old thread body that I had to bore out of the cylinder head...
picture.php

And here's the repaired hole with the time-sert insert installed and curing...
picture.php

S

SeaMaiden

Yep, that Fix Or Repair Daily is closing in on 200Kmi. The Jeep? Still a piece o' shit. The Volvo? Fucking LOVE THAT CAR. Gotta get another one.

Latest posts

Latest posts