What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bleeding Landrace Filipino

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This landrace Filipino is the most unique plant I have ever come across, so far I have released one hybrid using my selection that bleeds red when cut but have a few others and I'm currently testing Blood Lemons (Filipino x Grape Lemonade #23).
IMG_0780.JPG

This is the Filipino which I named Love Sick due to the story behind the seeds origin story growing outside in Barcelona where she has been taken to mid November but a friend a little further south harvested a cut on Xmas eve 25th of December.
IMG_4374.PNG
IMG_4375.PNG
IMG_4376.PNG
IMG_4377.PNG
IMG_4378.PNG
IMG_4379.PNG
IMG_4380.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 42

Hempy McNoodle

Very nice! What is the story behind "Love Sick?" The bleeding trait is something I've encountered a few times now. The first time was with an Egyptian Landrace (Sinai) which your plants resemble, at least in the beautiful coloration. I've seen it in a few other plants since then, but I can't recall which ones specifically. I've seen sap that was deep dark red just like blood and I've also seen pitch black sap that looked like black ink. Some breeders will select those plants as highly favorable because they often show great vigor and other traits (at least that's what Bodhi said in an interview). I know an old school pollen chucker who agrees and has mentioned it, as well.

TheDarkStorm

This landrace Filipino is the most unique plant I have ever come across, so far I have released one hybrid using my selection that bleeds red when cut but have a few others and I'm currently testing Blood Lemons (Filipino x Grape Lemonade #23).

This is the Filipino which I named Love Sick due to the story behind the seeds origin story growing outside in Barcelona where she has been taken to mid November but a friend a little further south harvested a cut on Xmas eve 25th of December.

Looking good Mr Cannabliss. Something quite rare out there on the seed scene still. Did you find that trait was unique to this one plant or did others in this line also cary it. For those who may be interested in the work you do with this plant and what you put out from it...can you tell us about some of the effects you've noticed this plant passes on please. Thanks

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only had 5 seeds and 2 of the females that were kept both have this trait, the other plant does not turn purple. These plants are the most vigorous I have ever encountered from their growth and speed of clones rooting to their ability to fight of disease and resist mould and mildew when harvested on 25th of December outdoor in Southern Spain.

I was recently very lucky to be gifted more seeds from the Philippines, I will dig out the bags later and list the varieties here.

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have my interest! Have you always had mildew? I never used to have it - recent arrival (also in SE Spain)

I only started to have Mildew issues when I moved to Spain and as each season has had slightly worse weather the PM issues have increased and been more of a challenge.
Here are a few pics of some True Love (Love Sick x The Truth), this plant was harvested late October in Barcelona and didn't have any issues with mould or mildew.
Click image for larger version  Name:	true love 001.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	181.6 KB ID:	17900405
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7061.png Views:	0 Size:	531.2 KB ID:	17900406
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7062.png Views:	0 Size:	571.4 KB ID:	17900407
Click image for larger version  Name:	true love 003.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	17900408
Click image for larger version  Name:	true love 004.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	163.0 KB ID:	17900409

Attachments

• IMG_6935.jpeg
    IMG_6935.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 39