What's new

Blasts from the past

HalfArsedFarmer

I saw my old haunt on the news the other day & man that place looks grim...

Erdington B23 heads... some great growers from that end in the days & A man with A van who set a lot of us up......:tiphat:

Anybody on here still around that way? what the fuck happened to the place......

Harry Lime

Veteran
I saw my old haunt on the news the other day & man that place looks grim...

Erdington B23 heads... some great growers from that end in the days & A man with A van who set a lot of us up......:tiphat:

Anybody on here still around that way? what the fuck happened to the place......

I grew up not far away. I haven't been there in twenty year. What happened?

HalfArsedFarmer

Hi Harry

First of all Claret or Royal Blue?

I was just watching Midlands today and they were doing a piece on social distancing in Erdington.

They showed the high street and it was a shit hole half the shops looked abandoned, they were in the old Walter Smiths butchers doing a piece & fuck me that place hasn't changed since I left the area 20 + years ago.

A mate of mine was a butchers boy in there in the mid 90's, a few of us worked in that high street on Saturdays as kids and drank in the pubs as teenagers.

Just sad to see I suppose.
I tell me mates & the wife that the high street in the little "area" I grew up in is bigger than the high street in the city I now live in!