What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLACK DOMINA - is anyone growing this?

OldSkewlGrower

Back around 2003, I came across a phenotype of Black Domina that the grower dubbed "Domi", pronounced DOH-MEE. The bud was the most narcotic substance I have ever experienced ever. It was akin, I would imagine, to taking an opioid together with melatonin. It completely stoned you out as the first hit is still being inhaled. After a few hits, it would put you to sleep in about 30 minutes. It smelled like Fruity Pebbles and tasted similar. I know this was a one in a million pheno but just wondering if anyone out there has or is growing the Black Domina?

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway

:coffee:

exoticrobotic

I grew one BD a year or so ago. Huge Calyxes, small buds. Typical kush peardrop smell.

Was a nice relaxing indica. Mild potency though.

I also grew two about ten years ago from the same pack only to veg stage but the leaf smoke test surprised me. it was like a magic carpet ride. Rushy, dreamy and floaty. I had to lie down and nap.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

:coffee:
Thanks friend, I couldn't find it on Seedfinder under strains.

OldSkewlGrower

I remember that strain but I can't find it now. I looked at the seed database and it's not listed there anymore. Keep us posted if you find it friend and thanks for sharing.
This is one of those "forgotten" strains from the old school days. It was kind of a mess of a polyhybrid, nowhere near stable. But that was part of its charm. The recombination into crazy one off individuals never to be seen again. A genetic carnival game where it might take a lot, but when you win, you win big!

OldSkewlGrower

I grew one BD a year or so ago. Huge Calyxes, small buds. Typical kush peardrop smell.

Was a nice relaxing indica. Mild potency though.

I also grew two about ten years ago from the same pack only to veg stage but the leaf smoke test surprised me. it was like a magic carpet ride. Rushy, dreamy and floaty. I had to lie down and nap.
Love the report! That made me laugh. Reads like it should be the script to Half Baked 2.

Back around 2003, I came across a phenotype of Black Domina that the grower dubbed "Domi", pronounced DOH-MEE. The bud was the most narcotic substance I have ever experienced ever. It was akin, I would imagine, to taking an opioid together with melatonin. It completely stoned you out as the first hit is still being inhaled. After a few hits, it would put you to sleep in about 30 minutes. It smelled like Fruity Pebbles and tasted similar. I know this was a one in a million pheno but just wondering if anyone out there has or is growing the Black Domina?
Ive grew this strain around 5 years ago a d it was a very distinct taste and smell like liquorice and incense it is a lovely plant

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I flower Sugar Black Rose, Critical Mass x Black Domina from deliciousseeds.com

Two years going and hope to keep her long time.

Yields well in my micro rig under 165w P LL

Great evening smoke that tastes and smells earthy hash with floral and berry notes.

A great cultivar and worth a look see as a substitute for regular Black Domina.

Attachments

• SBR-Macro.jpg
    SBR-Macro.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 120
  • SBR-Yield.jpg
    SBR-Yield.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 122
I flower Sugar Black Rose, Critical Mass x Black Domina from deliciousseeds.com

Two years going and hope to keep her long time.

Yields well in my micro rig under 165w P LL

Great evening smoke that tastes and smells earthy hash with floral and berry notes.

A great cultivar and worth a look see as a substitute for regular Black Domina.
Ive also grown black sugar rose from deliciousseeds it was a freebie from herbies and as you say very similar 👍

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
i am currently running some black domina by sensi seeds. from 5 seeds i got 2 very good phenos (i mean very good looking ones, they are growing so big) and 3 very bad phenos (mutation and other weird problems, small in size). i would grow it only if you have a change to get it from clone. otherwise, you should do fast grow of pheno search. i can't say about the effect yet, but when reading about it - seems very promising.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
AK Bean brains has an old school Black Domina bx. I have heard it is excellent.

I grew lots of BD back in the day and it was a squat plant, dark green wide leaves, greasy golf ball flowers all over the plant. Narcotic lights out effect with a lemon metal indica dark flavor. Very distinct flavor I haven't tasted exactly in other cannabis strains.

I would look to AK Bean brains as he is known for working with old original stock and that is where I would expect to find that power in the Domina.

Airloom

Veteran
Following

Sounds like a strain for my lovely but anxious insomniac daughter
The least I can do since HER diagnosis of HER anxiety is
Home Of Origin