What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biobizz EC Values

T

The_Core

Apparently due to the fact that Bio Bizz has no salts in the nutrient mix, BlueLab meters will not provide an accurate EC reading. So what about PH? Bio Bizz representatives state that unless your tap water is seriously acidic or alkaline you should not adjust the water with PH adjusting solutions. Apparently Bio Bizz is acidic and will reduce starting tap water PH.

So is it safe to say that a starting PH of 8.0 and 2 ML/L of Bio Grow and 2ML/L of Bio Heaven will reduce water pH to 6.0-6.5?

I need to be able to read the final PH of the watering solution and if my BlueLab wont give accurate readings due to the fact there is no salt in the nutrients, How do I fix this problem?

King's Indican

I have approx. 0.6 EC tap water and I purify it with Zero Water filters and it becomes 0.0 EC.
Then pH is the issue it becomes unreadible by the device. So I add 0.5 ml/l Biobizz Calmag to it and EC becomes 0.08 pH is still not stable then I add 1 ml/l Acti-Vera EC becomes 0.1 and ph comes around 6.2-6.5 rapidly.
Before that I was using Plagron Lemon Kick for ph down and Biobizz bio up for ph up purposes on very soft water. Then I decided not to use pH adjusting liquids even if they are organic I thought that I have many different bottles of Biobizz products maybe I can use them in small amounts to get the pH I want.
Actually all of Bio Heaven, Algamic, Acti-Vera even Root Juice they adjust the pH to the nicest levels.
Bio Heaven also raises EC while regulating pH
Algamic is sometimes too thick and raises EC too.
Acti-Vera is great product for RO or Deionized water users like me. I even use 1 ml/l Acti-Vera in the Humidifier not worrying about the pH anymore.

what I wrote above is beneficial for preparing seedling water and water for humidifier as well without being have to use ph up or down liquids.

Latest posts

Latest posts