What's new

Bill ABX6 9...Cali's Answer To 19

K

kannubis

I like the "It is lawful and not a violation of California law" part the best.

The first step toward lessening the federal chokehold on "The People" that it is supposed to serve.

Herborizer

Veteran
I like that they moved it from 1 ounces to 16; but that means 16 oz in your house as well (not that any of us need more then a pound in our house... lol).

I like this change too. Correction for whats in your house though, you can have any amount that is from your personal grows. This is not limited in anyway in OZ & Pounds.

jjblunt

I don't quite understand this.....

so if prop 19 passes, this automatically passes too?

is there going to be a separate vote for this in addition to prop 19?

or is this another pot bill to vote on, as an alternative to prop 19?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I don't quite understand this.....

so if prop 19 passes, this automatically passes too?

is there going to be a separate vote for this in addition to prop 19?

or is this another pot bill to vote on, as an alternative to prop 19?

This would be to Prop 19, what SB420 was to Prop 215--
It will not be voted on by the People...it is an Assembly Bill--:tiphat:

Herborizer

Veteran
This would be to Prop 19, what SB420 was to Prop 215--
It will not be voted on by the People...it is an Assembly Bill--:tiphat:

Yep, this is how our system works. As in, this is the normal process.

(my very simplified explanation of this)

Voter bill's are much more expensive and difficult to make happen. So they are often, use more simplified language and are flexible.

Assembly bills are easier to make happen and can be very quick. Often times much much cheaper. Often times, they are more specific and detailed. Also, these can change so much easier and a lot more often. Meaning, we can start small and then changes things at a more rapid pace over time.

This is one of the reasons why it's frustrating when the Prop 19 "No" crowd complains about how Prop 19 is not specific enough and has too many gray areas. It is supposed to be more generalized and less specific so that assembly bills can be passed to provide more detail. Like, for example, ABX6-9.

First Prop 19, then ABX6-9, then the next bill that makes things even better (better as in more inline with what the public wants). This is why many of us call this the First Step.

Herborizer

Veteran
This proccess can work in our benefit, it is designed to be in our benefit.

For example would be the tax rate. Lets say today they decide that $50/oz makes sense for the tax rate. Then lets say that by this time next year that the price of an OZ has gone down by 50%. Lets say the public doesn't like the $50/oz tax rate anymore and want it reduced. Instead of waiting to get vote in the next election to change the tax rate, an Assembly Bill can be passed to change the tax rate to let's say 9%.

This flexibility is good. We wouldn't want things like the tax rate in the Voter Bill, as it would be so difficult to change if needed.

I am not an expert, this is just the way I understand it. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just thought that I would clarify that the assembly bills can only make the minimums specified in Prop 19 more liberal, not less. An example would be the one ounce minimum that you can carry outside of your house as specified in 19 - this increases that to one pound.

Herborizer

Veteran
I just thought that I would clarify that the assembly bills can only make the minimums specified in Prop 19 more liberal, not less. An example would be the one ounce minimum that you can carry outside of your house as specified in 19 - this increases that to one pound.

Right, right. Good point.

Some people complain that Prop 19 is broken like Prop 215. That is just not the case. In the case of Prop 215, there were no black/white limitations in it. Only, enough for your medical needs. It didn't have any language that said the lowest limit. It didn't have language about how it can be expanded upon with an Assembly Bill.

Prop 19 is not full of problems with Prop 215. As Rives says above, with Prop 19 it specifically says that Assembly Bills cannot REDUCE your rights, only increase them. Perfect example is ABX6-9, this bill would loosen things up quite nicely.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Herborizer, you're extremely active in this debate and information.

What do you have to gain out of it being legal? Everyone has something to gain or lose from anything in life. The general motive for anyones interest in anything is to gain or prevent lose.

So what do you have to gain? Could be as simple as some feeling of liberty to some sort of monetary gain.

I am sure Herborizer will answer...prolly before I manage to type this out--lol
But I would like to answer this too-- Really good question, BTW--

I have always been a Rebel...as a kid...I was the Robber, in Cops & Robbers...as I grew older, I never lost that-- I went through the Biker thing, I was a hard core drug addict for many years...ex-con-- But I always had my morals somewhat in place...through it all--
I am still that Rebel...and so I think that part of me wants it, just because it has never been allowed--
Part of me wants it because it will save millions from having to live in fear--
Part of me wants it because I know I have enough Game to make $$ in the ensuing Canna Market...unlimited new niches will be available--
But above all...I want it because of the obviously tainted history of Cannabis...and I think that by showing the World that it was all lies and propaganda...I can keep my sanity...knowing I wasn't "Wrong", for staying with this Movement since the early 70's--

I cannot get more honest than that--:tiphat:

Herborizer

Veteran
Herborizer, you're extremely active in this debate and information.

What do you have to gain out of it being legal? Everyone has something to gain or lose from anything in life. The general motive for anyones interest in anything is to gain or prevent lose.

So what do you have to gain? Could be as simple as some feeling of liberty to some sort of monetary gain.

No problem. It's a lot of things, but I can name a few. Now we are talking just for me here...

First of all, it would NOT be for monetary gain. I have absolutely nothing todo with the Cannabis business, except I buy meds from time to time from dispensaries.

It boils down to gaining freedom.

Freedom from officers harassing.

Freedom from being responsible for the burden of proof (prop 215 patient).

I have found a lot of healing with my disease, and with the current stigma of Cannabis, it's difficult for me to share my experience with my colleagues, friends, and family. I think a lot of people are not getting safe access to such a wonderful plant.

Freedom to go to my grow store and actually be able to talk about the plant we are working with.

Freedom to grow outside with less fear. The sun is free and natural.

I guess I could go on and on...

Again, this (above) is the part that is just for me. The people going to jail, in jail, etc are a major reason I want it. Also, the waste of time and money by our cities and state.