What's new

BIG BLUE BITES DUsT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Kentucky, the "nearly" crowned invincible squad of all American hoops stars, fell tonight to their coaches worst nightmare- a better coached TEAM! tomorrows headlines should read "cheeseheads whip superstars!" :woohoo: there is a reason UKs coach was not picked for coach of year. he is one hell of a recruiter, I am willing to give the devil his due. but Wisconsin only gives scholarships to kids that have already learned the FUNDAMENTAL skills of basketball, like defense, good passing, using your brain, and so forth. sadly, those skills were not on display on one of the two teams playing in the second game today. if the game was only about having the better athletes, who could jump higher, or who might be picked higher in the NBA draft, Kentucky would probably have won....but it is not, now, is it? :biggrin:

Sisu

Veteran
Another Kentucky hater, not a Wisconsin fan. Miserable people enjoy the failures of others. You have a gud'un nair bubba

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Another Kentucky hater, not a Wisconsin fan. Miserable people enjoy the failures of others. You have a gud'un nair bubba

wrong, bozo. I AM a Kentucky fan, though I reside in Tennessee. I would rather see ANY SEC team win over another conference. I just think the superior TEAM won this time. lots of folks get tired of over-hyped teams. before last nights game, to listen to the announcers, Kentucky was the only team playing in that game. sorry I blew it on Calipari getting APs Coach of the Year. I don't think he deserved it, though. gotta find that article I read referencing why he was not COY. lots of org's hand them out...
where do you see any misery coming off of me? sure you aint looking in the mirror?:tiphat:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The wildcats had an incredible run but i didnt think they were invinceable, theyve had close games this year, including their last win, against Notre dame. They were always able to rely on their depth and one on one matchups to remain in games, but when the other team shoots well, they're beatable.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Fwiw, i was somewhat disappointed they didnt finish off their perfect run. Would have made a great story.
Every year or two there are rumors calipari will jump to the nba again, which makes zero sense to me. He's got the perfect situation where he is; in the pros would he be able to get the best players every year? No, because there's a luxury tax/soft salary cap.
Only drawback is that he cant hold onto the best players for more than a year, but he seems to be doing alright...

Sisu

Veteran
I think you don't know very much about NCAA basketball. You're definitely not a UK fan either because a UK fan wouldn't run over here to rejoice in their team losing in the FF. People with an agenda do that kind of thing.

This year Calipari received 5 (FIVE, one of which was awarded following this post last night, hence the edit) national Coach of the Year (COY) awards; Associated Press, Naismith, Sporting News, National Association of Basketball Coaches, and the Adolph Rupp Coach of the Year. He did NOT receive the National Basketball Writers Association COY award. That entity is headed by Dana O'Neill and Pat Forde; if you follow college hoops, you would know why Cal did not win that award. Cal also was inducted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame this year, first time on the ballot. One of six active coaches in the HOF. But surely he doesn't deserve any of these accolades, it's all some nefarious scheme.

He's the new Baron, but in pinstripes, not brown.

CB6yu-XUkAAgIb3.jpg

John Calipari Inducted into HOF

i

John Calipari named Naismith COY

CBr_msBUkAAXfR6.jpg

John Calipari Named AP Coach of the Year

Calipari named NABC National Coach of the year

John Calipari named Sporting News COY

Kentucky's Calipari first to win Rupp award twice

68075a9dc0d9032dd00b603f0003e3fa.jpg

Last edited:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
I think you don't know very much about NCAA basketball. You're definitely not a UK fan either because a UK fan wouldn't run over here to rejoice in their team losing in the FF. People with an agenda do that kind of thing.

This year Calipari received 5 (FIVE, one of which was awarded following this post last night, hence the edit) national Coach of the Year (COY) awards; Associated Press, Naismith, Sporting News, National Association of Basketball Coaches, and the Adolph Rupp Coach of the Year. He did NOT receive the National Basketball Writers Association COY award. That entity is headed by Dana O'Neill and Pat Forde; if you follow college hoops, you would know why Cal did not win that award. Cal also was inducted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame this year, first time on the ballot. One of six active coaches in the HOF. But surely he doesn't deserve any of these accolades, it's all some nefarious scheme.

He's the new Baron, but in pinstripes, not brown.

Apparently they both are trying to uphold the integrity of NCAA Basketball. Its funny that before cals hiring, UK fans wanted no part of him and repeatedly called him a cheater and scumbag. Those same fans are singing a different tune these days.
But to win a "coaching award", one should be able to beat a college team with an NBA team, right? Wiscon had what 1-2 NBA players on its roster. UK had 7 going to the NBA this season. If those kids truly bled blue then UK would be Nat'l Champs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts