What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

RobFromTX

whoops! ANOTHER of Putins critics is dead; yes, another "fell out the window" at his hotel in India... Russia, of course, uses the time to warn the US away from a "special operation" of their own. IE- getting rid of Putin in a surgical strike. they sure issue a lot of threats these days...huh. :shucks::bigeye:
Those guys should really started staying on the ground floor 😁

RobFromTX

I just read he did it because his best friend died of a stroke at the hotel and he was depressed. That police chiefs gonna be living fat for a while

moose eater

I received a phone call the other morning from an ex pat who resides in France and used to work in advanced weapons systems. He briefly condensed the last 40 years of history involving the US in Ukraine, and pointed out that even Iran is now producing hyper-sonic weapons that the US hasn't been able to build, let alone perfect. I believe he indicated others, including Russia, are on the same/similar page with hyper-sonic weapons development, as well.

All in all, I suspect it's going to be a bit different experience with all of this than the John Wayne types think it is. Our failed interceptors out of Ft. Greely, Ak. and Kodiak, Ak. (as 2 examples), with doctored results, versus actual hyper-sonic targets? Yikes!!

As an Agnostic, (with exceptions including those experiences at 38,000+ ft in severe turbulence in an aircraft with excess wing flex, or crossing borders with noteworthy weight), I'd concluded a long time ago that the fact that we, as a far inferior species than we often perceive ourselves to be, having sat on horrendous weapons of destruction/nukes, that have only gotten more and more nasty, being in possession of such things for the time we have, and not having blown the world to dust (as the first-strike Nation we are.. exclusively), has been but one circumstance whereby I can entertain the prospect of miracles being real.

In about 1983 Russia (the former Soviet Union) announced that they'd designed an ICBM that had the capacity to lift off in the USSR and impact in Alaska at any one of our former SAC bases in <25 minutes.

I thought, "FUCK!! The bastards aren't even going to give us sufficient time to order a decent pizza!!"

But I also concluded then that if such a situation occurred, the best place to be, would either be the south end of the southern Island of New Zealand (around Invercargil, as one example, based on a former acquaintance's research re. wind and water currents and spreading of fall-out, access to deep-water ocean veggies and seafood, etc., where we once looked at real estate in the early 1990s, and were accepted to further our immigration efforts but unfortunately didn't), or to be standing AT Gorund Zero, with a good couple of shots of exceptional tequila, a nice bowl of the best Black Nepalese hash a person might access, and some really good dense whole grain bread or whole grain, crispy, spongy baggette, toasted lightly, with real rich butter and whipped maple butter.

I suspect hanging around for anything else is simply going to be masochism in motion. Been enough of that already.

On that note, I think procuring some black Nepalese slab or Temple Ball is in order, if just to add it to the existing emergency kit. The whole grain bread and the tequila are much more readily found at this time.

If you really want a kick in the pants, read a Reagan-era propaganda book that was probably meant to normalize the prospect of nuclear annihilation, and appease any reaction to Reagan's nuclear arms race. It's titled, "Enough Shovels". Not a real popular book since the end of Ronnie Ray-gun's tenure, but the author contends that a nuclear blast can be survived simply by quickly digging a shallow trench the length and width of the body, and laying in it for the heat blast to pass over one's self.

Apparently the author invested heavily in the prospect that most persons were not aware of what happens to oxygen levels in the air when such things occur.. Either that, or he left off the remainder of the title for brevity, intending it to actually read, "Enough Shovels, Heat-Resistant Space Suits, and Scuba Tanks with Heat-Resistant Regulators."

Ah, just one of the many propaganda pieces published in this Country, intended to provide us with a warm fuzzy feeling toward our glowing, dusty end, while the 'leaders' and their families sequester in their delusions and caves in the Rockies and Blue Ridge Mtns. with barrels of purified water and MREs of the better assortments...... and maybe a real-life incarnation of that weird Colonel from Dr. Strangelove. Him and his 'purity of bodily fluids' stuff....

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, it was bound to happen, eventually. a GOP house member from West by God Virginia has put forth a bill to allow "users of marijuana for medicinal AND OTHER PURPOSES the legal right to buy and possess firearms legally." i liked that "and other purposes" so much that i capitalized it, lol. I salute you, Sir!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nw021l2n0v5a1.png
are you trying to say that "right-wingers" don't use sex toys and that "left-wingers" don't have guns ? never been out of your house, i see...:biglaugh:

Three Berries

They be coming after GI Joe and the Lone Ranger next. Illinois' two illustrious Senators goals as Chicago sinks into the abyss.

U.S. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin and and U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth joined other top Democrats in Washington to call on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate an Illinois-based company that is marketing a child-sized rifle called the "JR-15".

Wee 1 Tactical, makers of the JR-15, describe the gun as a ".22 Long Rifle that functions like a modern sporting rifle, however and most importantly its small size, lightweight rugged polymer construction and ergonomics are geared towards smaller enthusiasts."

The Senators object to the marketing of a tactical-style weapon to children who cannot legally buy firearms themselves under federal law.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
They be coming after GI Joe and the Lone Ranger next. Illinois' two illustrious Senators goals as Chicago sinks into the abyss.

U.S. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin and and U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth joined other top Democrats in Washington to call on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate an Illinois-based company that is marketing a child-sized rifle called the "JR-15".

Wee 1 Tactical, makers of the JR-15, describe the gun as a ".22 Long Rifle that functions like a modern sporting rifle, however and most importantly its small size, lightweight rugged polymer construction and ergonomics are geared towards smaller enthusiasts."

The Senators object to the marketing of a tactical-style weapon to children who cannot legally buy firearms themselves under federal law.
And you think this is wrong for them to do? Why exactly?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Because they put the blame on the gun not the person. Sorry if your childhood was deprived of fantasy.
Okay, but why all the bitterness? Did you even have a childhood, or were you always this way? Maybe trying smoking some pot, lighten up a bit, cuz. It's just a thought.

Three Berries

Okay, but why all the bitterness? Did you even have a childhood, or were you always this way? Maybe trying smoking some pot, lighten up a bit, cuz. It's just a thought.
No I wasn't. I use to be a clueless Lib. Too many hard knocks from people I trusted. I've been smoking pot for over 50 years. Any other advice.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
My boys had no problem shooting a M4 style AR starting at the age of seven.
They didnt need a "kid size" firearm.
That said, this stupid "investigation" will never fly and if someone wants to buy their kid a smaller framed firearm for them to comfortably shoot, have at it.
Saying that kids cant buy a firearm so why make a smaller kid size firearm is a canard.
Parents CAN buy a kid sized firearm and supervise their child's use of it.
On top of that, the rifle in question is only .22 long rifle caliber. Once again these anti-parent anti-freedom libs are crying over a rifles appearance, not its function or actual caliber or power. There are several semi auto and lever action .22 rifles made for those of smaller stature already but you dont see these dimwits crying about those.

Tammy Duckworth and Dick Durban can go chew on a big bag of dicks.

Dime

Thanks for your all-caps rah-rah take on this topic, but what president EVER has said, "Yes, it's wrong to deprive pot smokers of their right to own guns"?
In Canada that's usually part of the deal if you got busted for weed of any amount. I had a 10 year firearm ban and never owned a gun prior or had a record.

moose eater

In Canada that's usually part of the deal if you got busted for weed of any amount. I had a 10 year firearm ban and never owned a gun prior or had a record.
Yet, the number of alcoholic, spouse/family-battering cops I've known, get paid, in part, to carry one.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, what do you know? a federal judge has vacated charges against Jared Harrison in Oklahoma, declaring that the federal law barring cannabis users from having firearms is unconstitutional, using the language from a Supreme Court ruling . Judge Wyrick (a Chump appointee) made it clear that the govt is free to prohibit "dangerous people" from owning guns, but merely using cannabis does not fill that niche legally. the judge rightly pointed out that Harrisons cannabis use was legal in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Latest posts