What's new

Beyond the tall tales how far can skunk bud odor travel thru the air?

G13Fan

Considering outdoor locations . I hear all the tales of the smell traveling for miles and miles. Can a few plants grow within 1000 yeards of people and be ok? I grew 1 plant last year and had lawn people right next to it never seen a thing or smelled it. What is the real deal with scent detection and site planning ?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If you're talking about the real deal skunk from the '80's, I know it can be distinctly smelled growing from 100 yards away..

But 1000 yards? that's more than half a mile...I seriously doubt it...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A small nugget of cheese dog haze,,,,size of the nail on my small finger permeated a three story building ,, I needed to use near a whole tin of Orange Chronic to deal with it,,
Old stylee skunks could travel 100 metres maybe more in the wind,,,
If ya odour control isn’t on point and ya running numbers then ya fucked,,,,s2

Qatman

I had some 1ft tall og kush plants I could smell 100 yards away.. in veg.. just a couple of them and when the wind was right it smelled like a field of weed.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I remember growing Zenith OG with an carbon filter....

I took a walk and and the sidewalk was 150 feet behind the home.... I smelled the skunk smell and turned around went back and redid the filter i thought was working..

My nose from being accustomed in the room was nummed to i got fresh air...

I miss that cut...pics are in san diegos finest growers group 2cd thread..2010...

:peek:

Pumpkin

Veteran
I could smell mine this year 500 meters away. Depends which way the wind is blowing.