What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best yielding autos

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Thinking about doing a sog test when my new room is finished(3kw hps). Hieght is somewhat of a concern with regular plants only about 3.5-4ft of head hieght for the plants. Naturally a sog style grow would seem to be a good option but instead of getting 50 clones per light ready to go, it would be much simpler to do 50 auto seeds.

I have longer flowering heavy hitters already. So potency isn't too much of a concern (as long as it's 12-15%). Looking for something consistent that I can pull 3lbs per 1k, hopefully. I have done it with regular sex plants, not a newbie with a pipe dream lol. Any input on which autos to look into would be appreciated ty

revegeta666

Hey! I never grew autos but take a look at this one lol, maybe this is what you're looking for:

Are you certain you want to grow autos indoors though? Sounds expensive to me. You can also have a sog that's very contained in height by starting fems at 12/12 or give them 3 weeks of veg before switching.

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Yeah, Autos are getting better and better... but you need a lot of light from seed to get them big in their short veg phase. They play their real advantage outdoors in large pots under free sunlight. ;)

When you grow indoor and have to look for your energy costs i would grow regular plants like Vegeta said.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am getting consistent 4 oz per plant from Canna Genetics Farm Northern Lights Auto. 3 or 4 grows from 2 different seed batches. Seem consistent so far. Nice flavor and aroma. The people who have smoked it ranted about it.

However, if you are looking for maximum return and most efficient grow, stay away from autos (or any seed run, for that matter) and go with photo clones.

Clones are so wonderful and so consistent and they eat the same and feed the same and poop the same and well..... you know.

I am trying to learn to love autos but it it very hard for me. Every seed is different. This one is weak, this one is strong, this one doesn't come up at all. Certainly no way to be efficient.

The good news is, you end up with a zillion different flavors (varieties). When I used to clone only, I would make 1 or 2 runs of the same clones. So, I end up with 2 or 3 pounds of the same pot. Then another run gives a few pounds of another kind. Right now, in my auto tent, I have 6 different varieties. It's kind of a pain bit the variety is cool.

Anyway, good luck.

Cuddles

I ´ve often been told that white widow (I think it was ww) although strictly speaking it isn´t but is like an auto .
I was told this years ago when I first started looking into autos.
I think ww might suit your needs somehow because it doesn´t grow tall. This plant tends to be on the shorter side from what I´ve gathered.
As for great yields, I´ve not had much luck with autos myself but that´s more my fault than the plants.
Here´s the place I ordered my last auto seeds: from suzyseeds.com. Theri selection is rather small but the seeds have been good .

bibi40

Thinking about doing a sog test when my new room is finished(3kw hps). Hieght is somewhat of a concern with regular plants only about 3.5-4ft of head hieght for the plants. Naturally a sog style grow would seem to be a good option but instead of getting 50 clones per light ready to go, it would be much simpler to do 50 auto seeds.

I have longer flowering heavy hitters already. So potency isn't too much of a concern (as long as it's 12-15%). Looking for something consistent that I can pull 3lbs per 1k, hopefully. I have done it with regular sex plants, not a newbie with a pipe dream lol. Any input on which autos to look into would be appreciated ty

there" s a lot of productive , and potent auto's nowadays ...

my top 3 is Sweet seeds , Urban legends and Dutch passion ,
from those i can say the results are pretty uniform and could contest with photo' s ...

Cheers and good luck with your new grow !

:tiphat:

cfl...KING

Veteran
The reason for autos is the short over all grow period. I want to do a test run when my new room is finished before popping all the expensive exotic strains I have acquired. Plus I want to test out a sog idea I have, one large bed of coco on a flood to waste setup. Instead of individual buckets.

Plus recover some of my investment that has been sitting for way longer than planned.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Most of the autos I have grown have gone 11 weeks and some more. I can do photos in 13. For a week or 2 more, I am still pushing for photos.

However, for speedy autos, I am understanding that switching to flower nutes early can shorten the vegging period and complete an auto in 9 weeks or so. Obviously, yield will suffer.

I am getting ready to try something. Completely by accident, I started an auto in a 12 hour tent and it went almost 3 weeks at 12/12 until I put it in the auto tent at 19/5. It finished 3 weeks later. About 6 weeks total sprout to harvest.

I am not sure if the odd (and accidental) light regime had anything to do with it finishing so fast or if it was just a coincidence. I have that on my list of experiments to do while I am stuck growing autos. I grew out another seed from that batch and it went 9 weeks until finish.

Not that I want a 1 ounce plant that finishes in 6 weeks..... I smoke that much in 3 days. LOL

cfl...KING

Veteran
My long term goal is not to stay with autos. Followe here, by allowing me to run 18/6 I can veg my slower growing exotics under my 2 other 1k while still producing a crop. I'm going to have a down time between my current grow an finishing up my new flower room. It's essentially a cash crop, even if I only get 800-1000$ a pillow, of I get 3 pillows it will help recover my money for the new room. While I also am vegging my exotics.

Plus it will give me experience with a flood to waste setup using a single bed of coco. Thinking 5' x 5' about 12" deep, either 49 plants 7 rows of 7 or 64 plants 8rows of 8 under a 1000w hps. The major appeal is the fact that I will be able to veg in the same room under the 2 other lights at the same time.

Last edited:

cfl...KING

Veteran
Any specific breeders to look at or not to look at? I've been growing for almost 2 decades an have never looked into auto flowers