What's new

Best value for money, high powered flowering LED lights.

lovelightpower

Veteran
I'm looking to cover a 2.4mtr square space with LED lighting.
I was checking out the Spider Farmer lights.
Anybody got any other better suggestions for lights easily available in the U.K?

Not sure if you have access to amazon or not, but Maxisun has some amazing lights.
I just picked up a couple of the 1500 PB panels and the plants are loving them

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Biggest problem is finding perfect distance which requires PAR meter, not a lumen meter. I did DIY Vero 29 Gen 7's from Cree, and ruined first crop with too much light.

Whitesoul

i have the spider farmer 4000 and i can Say It Is One of the best value for Money led. but if you can spend more i think the Zeus lumatek Is the best but costs double the price of the sf

Loc Dog

Veteran
i have the spider farmer 4000 and i can Say It Is One of the best value for Money led. but if you can spend more i think the Zeus lumatek Is the best but costs double the price of the sf

I just looked at that and Maxisun, which seems extremely similar, and not impressed that they are both veg and flower. Would prefer separate lights dedicated to each spectrum. But that is just my preference. I figure they will pay for themselves quickly.

lovelightpower

Veteran

That's good to know. Thanks for the experiential input.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Shit, I didn't realise too much light was a thing.

Yes, a serious problem. With a manufactured product, they can give you the right distance. I bought components. It bleaches the leaves and buds, and causes foxtailing which is highly undesirable and effects quantity of end product. Not sure if it effects THC.

Some of these units have 720 or 740nm leds in addition. Not sure if that is best. I was told to use IR for 15 minutes when lights come on and 15 before they go off. Not a lot of wattage since it is just used for signalling the plants.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Have you checked out the SF 7000?
I have no personal experience with plug and play-lights. I have few DIY Cree COBs and just about to assemble few Samsung led lights for small cab growing

The SF 4000 is made with better quality parts; Samsung chips and Meanwell drivers. Samsung chips may end up being more durable in the long run than the “Seoul” chips on SF7000

Sf 4000 is also 4 kg lighter in weight than Sf7000, which is quite a lot, thou the 7000 has a detachable driver so you can hang it separately. So if you’re gonna hang two lights in your grow space it’s quite a lot of difference in weight.

Both are good lights for veg and bloom cycles. My COBs are 3500K and are just fine for veg + bloom
-
-
Yea, modern leds/cobs are very efficient lights and need a good bit of clearance from the canopy 50-60cm+ depending on the power, or they will fry your plants. CalMag and Epsom salts will help keeping the leaves in better shape under white leds ..and good humidity levels too

I have my three Cree CXB3590 COBs about 60cm away from the tops at 30 watts per COB and I can’t go much past that power, esp. during winter cause the air is too dry already. But even with 80-90 watts of Cree COB light the plants grow nicer buds and larger resin glands than under cool tubed 250w Osram Plantastar hps.

lovelightpower

Veteran
I have no personal experience with plug and play-lights. I have few DIY Cree COBs and just about to assemble few Samsung led lights for small cab growing

The SF 4000 is made with better quality parts; Samsung chips and Meanwell drivers. Samsung chips may end up being more durable in the long run than the “Seoul” chips on SF7000

Sf 4000 is also 4 kg lighter in weight than Sf7000, which is quite a lot, thou the 7000 has a detachable driver so you can hang it separately. So if you’re gonna hang two lights in your grow space it’s quite a lot of difference in weight.

Both are good lights for veg and bloom cycles. My COBs are 3500K and are just fine for veg + bloom
-
-
Yea, modern leds/cobs are very efficient lights and need a good bit of clearance from the canopy 50-60cm+ depending on the power, or they will fry your plants. CalMag and Epsom salts will help keeping the leaves in better shape under white leds ..and good humidity levels too

I have my three Cree CXB3590 COBs about 60cm away from the tops at 30 watts per COB and I can’t go much past that power, esp. during winter cause the air is too dry already. But even with 80-90 watts of Cree COB light the plants grow nicer buds and larger resin glands than under cool tubed 250w Osram Plantastar hps.

Thanks for the advice mate!

Loc Dog

Veteran
Are there any resources like software or maybe threads that discuss arranging COB's in a 4 X 8 foot tent? I just used lumen meter and at bud tops it was 45000 lumens in center and at ends it was 25000 lumens. Lights were built from kits and attached to angle aluminum, so difficult to rearrange for testing.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Are there any resources like software or maybe threads that discuss arranging COB's in a 4 X 8 foot tent? I just used lumen meter and at bud tops it was 45000 lumens in center and at ends it was 25000 lumens. Lights were built from kits and attached to angle aluminum, so difficult to rearrange for testing.
Don’t know any threads about this but there are How-to-websites for building DIY led/cob light fixtures around the webs you can find by googling, maybe some of them have info on what you’re looking for.

There are some things you have to take into the account when you’re building a frame.

- The angle of the light beam- How wide is it and so what is the optimum distance from the wall and from the other COBs; I have 90 degree lenses in my flowering tent COBs and a 120 degree lens on the COB in my veg cab, cause I wanted it to spread out more. The viewing angle for COBs without lenses or reflectors is around 120 degrees.

- You don’t want the COBs too close to the walls cause then a lot of the light is going straight on the walls not onto the plants – but also you want to have even spread of light in your grow area

In my 90x50cm wide tent I have three 75w COBs on my DIY frame; The COBs at the ends are about 20cm from the tent wall and about 23cm away from the COB in the middle, and this is quite good spacing for my tent –but I think up to 40cm spacing between the COBS and 30cm away from the wall would also work if you have larger are to fill.
..so how much apart you want the COBs to be from each other depends of the viewing angle of the beams – you have to think about when the beams are over lapping each other and at what height above the canopy.

LEDgrowlights C

I'm looking to cover a 2.4mtr square space with LED lighting.
I was checking out the Spider Farmer lights.
Anybody got any other better suggestions for lights easily available in the U.K?

Hi lovelightpower, are you still looking for something for this space? If so, can I ask are you wanting something that covers 2.4m x 2.4m, or 2.4 square meters? Well worth checking out our SCOPEX 900. Incredibly powerful light not to be taken lightly. 5 year warranty from a UK company. Some PAR maps included for you.

Attachments

• 900 par map.png
    900 par map.png
    297.7 KB · Views: 52