What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Strain or CBD/THC ratio for Nerve Pain

EastCoast710

ok.. ive tried a bunch of strains.. and so far. not many have done much for nerve pain.. so my question is.. to anyone who goes through any types of nerve pain.. or sciatica or femoral nerve pain. or any type of pinched nerve in neck or back.. what strain works for you..

indica or sativa.. or hybrid.. or cbd.. or ? any info could help me live a more normal life without the use of opiates would be amazing

was forced to get a medical card because the doctor I'm seeing said that hed feel more comfortable treating me if I had the medical card so I don't look like a drug seeker while we try something around 126 different drugs that work for some people.. so in the mean time while trying the big pharma bullshit.. I'm trying to get my hands on as many strains as possible to flower out and try them for this shit..

as of right now.. I find that the more I smoke or eat the worse the pain is with 99% of the kinds I have..

so.. this is for me.. and 3 people that I'm very closed to.. if anyone could help figure this annoying situation we are in .. that would be much appreciated. and I'm sure the karma will be a great kick in the near future for your hardwork and help.:huggg:

I have a damaged sciatic nerve at l5 from a ruptured disc

Edibles, coconut oil or RSO daily at night has a 24 hour anti inflammatory and analgesic effect. My tolerance is high from a shot endocannabinoid system. I dont get much relief from smoking.

Kens GDP my all time fav smoke though. Its not super high in thc but it hits hard for neuropathy, inflammation, pain, muscle relaxation from spasms, and anxiety. I always liked it because I felt like I could get relief and still function normally, its a nice balance.

Find what helps and what makes it worse and do those things and cut those things out. A little exercise like yoga or just the basics can also have a counterintuitive positive effect. I didnt exercise for years because of it but I do basic stuff now and find it helps if I dont push myself. If you are having disc issues yogas actually good for strengthening the spine and getting discs back in place. You want to do it right though. I've done some beginners classes and recommend it.

Hope you can find some relief.

Heusinomics

I can't speak from personal exp as I'm not a sufferer of nerv pains.

But I knew I had read somthing abt it recently n dug up this lil gem.

Here is a description from a bodhi seeds offering. (Highly suggested);D

"Bodhi Seeds Blue Tara
Blue Tara is a hybrid of one of Bodhi’s all-time favourites, Bubbashine, which is a cross of bubba kush and bluemoonshine (rare stretch indica pheno). Bubbashine smells of hot buttered blueberry muffins and Kush, grows like a big OG covered in crystals, and has an amazing potent warm snuggly euphoric pain relieving effect - especially good for nerve pain. The father of the line is Bodhi Seeds Snow Lotus male, which is afgooey x blockhead (x19 dom male), this male has proven to up potency, frost, and yeild, while letting the unique traits of the female to shine through. This cannabis seed hybrid is a deep crystalized healer, thick dark berry smoke, medium + yeilds of AAA meds, pure canna magic."

Could b the path your looking for.
Best wishes in your serch for relif.

Big ups respect and happy growing.

EastCoast710

ya but people will say anything to sell some seed lol. I need to just find the cut or seeds or just find out that cbd works better.. or not. lol. still looking for new genetics to try and find something that works..

I got like 10 new kinds. I'm flowering and ill see what works best for me .

militia420

Get a hair test from Doctor's Data inc for "normal hair elements". It will include some heavy metal info too. See if your minerals need to be balanced better and/or if you have a shit load of heavy metals. I 've had serious nerve problems and it was all tied to heavy metals. Aluminum, Arsenic, Antimony, Mercury, you name it, oh and lead, I have it in excess.

Then look up Dr. Andrew Cutler Hall's noamalgam.com website.

To be honest, the pot onyl really helps with the metal headaches I get, especially from the lead. The only thing that helps for the nerve probs are the opiates.

I've been chelating the heavy metals out based on Cutler's work for almost 2 years now and it's dramatically improved my memory, mood, and health but I've still got a ways to go.

So what ever caused your nerve issues, metals and mineral imbalances can exacerbate the shit out of it or be a bigger problem than whatever may have been the first problem.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and take this post seriously and look into these things. Also add liposomal vitamin C into your daily diet. It will help heal the nerves some.

I wood

A topical balm could help a lot.
I started into making it with a great skepticism, the stuff has improved my life more than I could have imagined.

Top_shelf_farms

I've tried countless strains for nerve pain and most seem to make it worse... yesterday I tried some canna tsu with a 1:1 thc to cbd. This stuff works killer for nerve pain. It has a nice body tingling warm sensation that melts pain away. I'm not going to smoke all day and then try it out after work and see for sure... I will post after...

EastCoast710

Get a hair test from Doctor's Data inc for "normal hair elements". It will include some heavy metal info too. See if your minerals need to be balanced better and/or if you have a shit load of heavy metals. I 've had serious nerve problems and it was all tied to heavy metals. Aluminum, Arsenic, Antimony, Mercury, you name it, oh and lead, I have it in excess.

Then look up Dr. Andrew Cutler Hall's noamalgam.com website.

To be honest, the pot onyl really helps with the metal headaches I get, especially from the lead. The only thing that helps for the nerve probs are the opiates.

I've been chelating the heavy metals out based on Cutler's work for almost 2 years now and it's dramatically improved my memory, mood, and health but I've still got a ways to go.

So what ever caused your nerve issues, metals and mineral imbalances can exacerbate the shit out of it or be a bigger problem than whatever may have been the first problem.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and take this post seriously and look into these things. Also add liposomal vitamin C into your daily diet. It will help heal the nerves some.

thanks.. will do man.. been researching so much that I feel like I should be going to school for this !

militia420

thanks.. will do man.. been researching so much that I feel like I should be going to school for this !

It's absolute bullshit that there isn't proper medical school training on chronic heavy metal poisoning. Without go way off topic I will say that it's my personal opinion, from years of research, from the bed, online and at law libraries, that there is 4th/5th generation warfare being waged upon the "unwashed masses", which includes most of us on this board and the people we know. Included in this warfare is the "slow kill" which involves heavy metal toxicity that goes untreated. It's worse than a shotgun. If one sits and reads through the potential individual or combined side effects from even a SINGLE heavy metal, then it becomes clear that these things are hell and they age us faster, cause cancer, neuropathy, pain, memory issues, weakness, nausea, the list is huge.

Most doctors are unfamiliar with it. DO NOT raise the issue with doctors as they will chalk you up as a nut and send you to a psychiatrist (how damned ironic is it that one of the symptoms of mercury toxicity, which is present especially in those with the "silver dental amalgams" (50% mercury by weight), is called "mad hatters disease").

Every single individual should IMHO, as a matter of health, do hair tests at least annually. It will catch metal poisoning and mineral deficiencies and excesses, the latter 2 can cause horrible symptoms as bad as metal poisoning.

Also, look up www.drrind.com. He focuses on metabolism issues. I've been logging my daily average temperature since Oct 2015. It tells you the health of your thyroid and adrenal glands better than any blood test. I literally just figured out that my part of my low temperatures was caused by a weak immune system that had a virus or viruses suppressing my thyroid and adrenal function. I can see where my temperatures changed from low to high stable within days of starting on cats claw and reservetrol (might be putting lyme into check, or also herpes zoster). I had shingles years ago when I suffered severe tendon injuries. So after a bout of vertigo that lasted nonstop for 1 week and neuropathy that was barely tolerable on 10mg of hydrocodone (pot did absolutely nothing), I thought the pain reminded me of when I had shingles at 23, so I started taking cats claw and reservetrol, both well noted for anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Within 1 hour I got some relief, 3 hours very noticable relief, last dose at bed time. When I woke up I had no vertigo and my neuropathy was almost gone. After 1.5 weeks of this herb routine, my temperatures are up, my neuropathy is way significantly down, zero vertigo, etc.

So, some of you with severe pain and neuropathy may want to experiment with cats claw and reservetrol because chronic pain and illness weakens us, and makes all other environmental insults, be they mental stress, physical stress/pain, illness, metal/other toxins, that much worse, thereby letting opportunistic disease take over.

Fuck pain. Fuck suffering. Look out for yourselves ladies and gentlemen. These things I recommend are cheap and effective for either getting more info about your ongoing health, or for treatment of problems that modern med is too stupid/greedy/evil to solve.

If you suffer serious health issues then you must take it upon yourself to invest a certain amount of time studying your symptoms and potential causes every day. No doctor will spend that amount of time on you. And only you know your body and routines the best. You can make spread sheets to collate info on your symptoms and potential causes. And you can narrow down what you may need to do to help yourself. In many or most cases the opiates or pot simply mask symptoms. In the case of nerve damage pot has been shown to have neuroprotective traits. But smoking it will damage the lungs.

There's a lot to rant about here. Time to try to crash.

R

Rox

I've tried countless strains for nerve pain and most seem to make it worse... yesterday I tried some canna tsu with a 1:1 thc to cbd. This stuff works killer for nerve pain. It has a nice body tingling warm sensation that melts pain away. I'm not going to smoke all day and then try it out after work and see for sure... I will post after...

:tiphat: i too have tried a (almost) 1:1 thc/cbd variety and had a similar experience, i found it made me so numb that i became clumsy, bumping into things and accidentally knocking things over.

The type i tried was 7% cbd 6% thc, tasted like old school blonde pollen & made my body numb like i was drunk my head was crystal clear, no head high at all

GoatCheese

Veteran
:tiphat: i too have tried a (almost) 1:1 thc/cbd variety and had a similar experience, i found it made me so numb that i became clumsy, bumping into things and accidentally knocking things over.

The type i tried was 7% cbd 6% thc, tasted like old school blonde pollen & made my body numb like i was drunk my head was crystal clear, no head high at all
Hi.
The numbness could be strain specific, cause i haven't experienced noticeable numbness with the CBD-rich strains/plants or hashish i have tried.
My experience is that CBD "controls" THC, but not necessarily other compounds of cannabis, meaning a CBD-rich sativa will still feel like a sativa high, and CBD-rich indica will still give you the stoned-feeling.
-
-
-
About heavy metals..
Have you guys tried Chlorella (algae)?
..according to the info Chlorella should help in removing toxic metals from the body. Google it.

It's full of vitamins, minerals etc too.
:)

R

Rox

Hi.
The numbness could be strain specific, cause i haven't experienced noticeable numbness with the CBD-rich strains/plants or hashish i have tried.
My experience is that CBD "controls" THC, but not necessarily other compounds of cannabis, meaning a CBD-rich sativa will still feel like a sativa high, and CBD-rich indica will still give you the stoned-feeling.
-
-
-
About heavy metals..
Have you guys tried Chlorella (algae)?
..according to the info Chlorella should help in removing toxic metals from the body. Google it.

It's full of vitamins, minerals etc too.
:)

Hello,high!

The strain was bigbud x superskunk by cbd botanics.. which is 90% indica and i didn't feel stoned in the traditional indica sense unless i mixed it with a high thc strain & that was guaranteed to floor me physically and mentally.

For the most part this strain cured chronic insomnia for me and helped me get a more regular sleep cycle, almost like a herbal diazepam but this could have been a by product of the muscle relaxing and anti inflammatory effects of cbd

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hello,high!

The strain was bigbud x superskunk by cbd botanics.. which is 90% indica and i didn't feel stoned in the traditional indica sense unless i mixed it with a high thc strain & that was guaranteed to floor me physically and mentally.

For the most part this strain cured chronic insomnia for me and helped me get a more regular sleep cycle, almost like a herbal diazepam but this could have been a by product of the muscle relaxing and anti inflammatory effects of cbd

Heh-heh, yea THEY might call it 90% indica, but Skunk#1 is usually called 75% sativa, and that strain seems to be quite rich in Skunk#1. So the "90% indica " statement by them could be a bit off. But this is not so important, ay.

And the same thing here. The CBD Critical Cure keeper that i have is a Critical Mass hybrid, and CM is a re-worked Big Bud (Afghan x skunk) and it is also very, very good sleep meds, thou it isn't the stoniest plant i have. It beats melatonin etc all night long! It really seems to keep me in deep sleep very well once i fall asleep.
I think it has a fair amount of Myrcene in it, which is supposed to be the terp that will make you sleepy.

Some people call the effect of Critical Mass "mongy, boring or lethargic", so yea i can see that some CBD-rich phenos of Big Bud/CM hybrids can make you feel "clumsy/drunk", while the CBD keeps the head fairly clear.

My CBD Cure has also a good amount of THC in it and the effect is somewhat similar to smoking medium strong Moroccan hash when i smoke enough of it.

R

Rox

Heh-heh, yea THEY might call it 90% indica, but Skunk#1 is usually called 75% sativa, and that strain seems to be quite rich in Skunk#1. So the "90% indica " statement by them could be a bit off. But this is not so important, ay.

And the same thing here. The CBD Critical Cure keeper that i have is a Critical Mass hybrid, and CM is a re-worked Big Bud (Afghan x skunk) and it is also very, very good sleep meds, thou it isn't the stoniest plant i have. It beats melatonin etc all night long! It really seems to keep me in deep sleep very well once i fall asleep.
I think it has a fair amount of Myrcene in it, which is supposed to be the terp that will make you sleepy.

Some people call the effect of Critical Mass "mongy, boring or lethargic", so yea i can see that some CBD-rich phenos of Big Bud/CM hybrids can make you feel "clumsy/drunk", while the CBD keeps the head fairly clear.

My CBD Cure has also a good amount of THC in it and the effect is somewhat similar to smoking medium strong Moroccan hash when i smoke enough of it.

Hey bro

Thanks for the information, much appreciated. Prior to trying this variety i was having problems staying asleep... as soon as REM sleep kicks in i would wake up as the dreams are ultra vivid 1080p HD quality but cbd helped get through that barrier. I have now ditched that strain and am going to be trying cbd cheese by dinafem in the future.. i think maybe i need to find a strain with a higher ratios​ of cbd to thc maybe?

I did contact the breeder, Eric at cbd botanics and he told me that the cbd element in this hybrid came from a cbd rich variety called "Sweet Canna" which is not available for purchase anywhere.....Or listed in the genetics of his hybrid:tiphat:

Salute!

with a 1:1 thc to cbd. This stuff works killer for nerve pain. It has a nice body tingling warm sensation that melts pain away.

I have exact same reaction to 1:1 cbd:thc and I can't describe it any other way: it just melts the pain away. I'd like to test some stronger CBD-varieties but they are not available where I live.

H

HemperorsKnight

Genetics gone madd has a Redd cross strain that Is said to be incredible for nerve pain as it carries THC and cbd its a cross between spirit of 76 and a afghani indicator plant his face book is gene s madder good luck brother

ECtraveler

Veteran
I don't personally ship and can't say where to get them due to the TOS but Med Tree Seeds has several varieties in the 1:1-2:1 range.

Toci- (ACDC x *Xena) is available in both A F3 an a S1 with ratios averaging 3:2.

Heroes - (**Tocitonic x Tangie) most common chemotypes average between 1:1-2:1with a Tangie terpene profile.

*Xena- C99 x (Green Crack x WMD)
**Tocitonic - Cannatonic x Toci

H

HemperorsKnight

There may even be some perfect strains by The Seed Kompany just go to seeds here now he carries tsk gear and others as well

knuckleddup

The Seed Kompany

The Seed Kompany

The Seed Kompany has some of the best CBD/THC ratio strains around. The breeder is named Two and he is one of the most knowledgeable CBD guys I've heard speak. I saw Two at a convention and watched him on the Adam Dunn show. The Seed Kompany seeds are available at seeds here now and they have all the TSK strains in stock. The seed Kompany doesn't get as much coverage as they deserve. They create the best CBD strains man. I know we aren't supposed to post to any specific seed bank, but there aren't many places to find the seed Kompany strains or any other information on tsk. So SeedsHereNow is the only real place to find info on them.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts