What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEST RESTAURANTS IN AMSTERDAM?

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Just came back from a short stay in the dam.

koh i noor for indian food i believe its on radhuisstraat.

And L'artiste for lebanese food with a very nice atmosphere is on one of the corners of saarphati park near the katsu coffeeshop.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Totally Daddy... I think it was obvious that you were kidding. It is simply that making fun of FEBO is so easy.... We could not let you have all the fun. haha

etncrew

febo was pretty good after checkin' out rjd2 at the melkweg. the dozen or so spliffs helped my appetite as well :)

Goucho's steak house just off dam square heading toward the canal, its real good,to quality food,i swear by it & they have chains all over holland.
i first discovered it when i was training down in breda.

P

psbn

Fondue and great steaks!!!!

Fondue and great steaks!!!!

De Prins on the prinsengracht - good vibe good food(top steaks!!!) but don 't let everybody know about it ok??
Enjoy

Or...there is Haarlem close to the Damper's on the Haarlemmerstraat which do the ken pies!!!Dunno where youre from you might not like pies!!!!!!!!!

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
In OVERTOOM: try the Stereo (b)eat.....in my opinion the best.... for price and food!!

http://www.stereobeat.nl/

near this one the addis abeba an ethiopian resturant......really cheap!!!

and after u can go to the kashimir lounge for a good joint (if is still open).....

and after to the OT301!!!

:joint:enjoy!

I've been to an Ethiopian near Kashmir.
Good food, but no silverware !
Big round bread, everyone around it pulling off pieces,putting food on.
No english menu, if I recall.My Dutch friends did the ordering.
They didn't speak English, and I don't speak Dutch.

Must try Rijstafel. Best with more than two people, but some places will even set up One person....

For Indonesian, there are a few choices. Some are pricey and a bit fancy, but excellent, just the same.

Casual Indo - BOJO is very good, if the gruff male waiter is not in attendance....

Falafel, Wok to Wok (quick and easy - healthy, a bit salty), and as posted by REZ, Foodism near Grey Area is a good place for a sammich.

Thai & Indian some good choices, as well.. Cannot go wrong with the Ethnic foods, it's what I eat in NorCal Cities anyways...lol....

FOODISM! it's one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world. I have been to the Dam 3 times and it's on the top of my list everytime(after a smoke at Grey Area). Their food is amazing don't just try the sandie's their breakfast was top notch as well. Everything is made fresh so it takes a while but in my opinion that's the only way to eat. It just kinda sucks when your stoned and hungry but again trust me it is well worth the wait.

p.s. get me a smoothie they are chronic!

biteme

i cannot believe peeps are recommending steak anywhere in holland for that matter and i can only assume they have never eaten beef from the usa or japan? any resident of amsterdam will tell you that a good share of the steak houses are run by south americans because the bulk of the beef is imported from argentina. cattle are raised to slaughter primarily on the range and grass fed. this beef is a healthy, low fat product that residents of the eu have grown up on and learned to favor. cattle in the usa are taken off grass and put on a feed lot where they are fed a corn diet at about 700 lbs. and fattened to around 1100 lbs. fat is the key word here. corn feed adds fat to cattle. fat means great flavor and tenderness to the consumer, if that is what you seek in a steak? japanese are even more skilfull in fattening their animals resulting in world famous kobe beef. beef on the platter is expensive anywhere in the world. i did have a steak last time in a'dam (2004); fat free argentina beef and i did not like it. but it was very well prepared, side dishes were excellent and at the end of the eve, just as expensive as a steak house any place. peace-biteme

Latest posts

Latest posts