What's new

Best Park Snowboard 2011/12

SB.J

hey everyone, thanks for looking.

im about to get a new snowboard + bindings for next year. I have a good powder board at 161 and looking to get a 151-153 park only board with a flex from 2-4. I can spend around 400-650.

Does anyone have any suggestions or boards they have used?

my buddy says to get the burton easy living flying v but not to sure. let me know.

im down for reverse camber as well

Any bindings as well?

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
The Burton boards are nice. Just keep in mind that you usually pay a bit for the name.

Check out the K2 Fastplant. Tons of carbon fiber stringers, poppy, flexy, and light.
Its probably about a 3 or4 on the flex range. However, that all depends on your weight and the size.

k2 and ride are gonna have lots of the same technologies because of ownership.
Stay away from Capita unless you like breaking boards for fun.

If you want to go crazy, grab a libtech/Gnu board and ride something full reverse with a different feel. Those are often gonna run a little more, and they're made in the U.S.

As for bindings, it depends what you want to spend (or just use your pow board's bindings on the park board).

The Burton Cartel is a pretty nice, mid range binding that lots of people love. Technine bindings are really cushy, but kind of bulky for the most part.
If you get a Burton, you'll either need a Burton EST compatible binding or a EST plate for your current bindings (usually $30-40).

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a Ride Machete that does anything. it it bends but also has a great nose so it can ride powder too in case you don't feel like dragging 2 boards along. It also does not catch edges easily. It was worth the money.

Also keep in mind if you go with a Burton instead then you need to get the conversion for the binding because Burton uses their own design. They shouldn't be more than 20 bucks.

Latest posts

Latest posts