What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best grow light for growing Mexican (and other tropical) landraces?

RenaissanceBrah

Heading back to my apartment soon, I got a 100W Mars Hydro White LED there that I was going to use to grow a few small plants.

Wanted to ask if there's any other lights I should add for my grow?

Hoping to grow 3 plants, each in like a 5 gallon container or so. Mexican landrace sativas, maybe SE Asian or African landraces in the future.

Hoping not to spend too much, also going to be taking it in my suitcase on a plane (I live outside the US, hard to get that stuff down there, so I'd order it stateside).

Legalcdn

100w is not much for 3 plants.. if i was in your shoes with lack of equipment.. get a 12 or 24 patio string lights with the ability to replace screw in leds (not built in). Hang on diy frame.. you can take led globe off and change out spectrum.

bleepboop

Also if you were looking to save a bit of space travelling one of the HLG $132 packs of 4x QB120 3000K V2 or similar would be ideal.
They are 70w/24v PCBs designed to be run without a heatsink. Much more compact to transport, easy to power and move around.

A 100w Mars fixture would struggle with more than a single 5G pot in a 2x2. I don't rate Mars either but that's neither here nor there.

RenaissanceBrah

Also if you were looking to save a bit of space travelling one of the HLG $132 packs of 4x QB120 3000K V2 or similar would be ideal.
They are 70w/24v PCBs designed to be run without a heatsink. Much more compact to transport, easy to power and move around.

A 100w Mars fixture would struggle with more than a single 5G pot in a 2x2. I don't rate Mars either but that's neither here nor there.

True, 100W is not nearly enough... I was thinking of buying 2 x Spider Farmer SF-2000's (each one is 200W), but they're $300 each... I might just get 1... 300W should be enough for 2, maybe 3 plants yea?

(I also have a cheap Chinese 50W COB, so it would be 350W total).

rolandomota

Veteran
600 watt dimmable light kit you can run it at 50 percent power their light in weight and cheap also they're easy to pack and carry in a bag and you have a better brighter light if you need it 120$ with two bulbs hangers reflector timer

Latest posts

Latest posts