What's new

Best fast sativas?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
My ACE Malawi only went 10-11 weeks (which made me doubt if it is pure, but who knows?). Their Orient Express and Congo, although hybrids went about 10 weeks.

Honestly though, if you want a proper sativa, nothing is really ready before about 12-13 weeks, and mostly looking at longer. Well worth the wait.

poochute

Kc brains has a few really good quick sativa dominant varieties, Leda Uno, Haze Special, Bahia Blackhead, Brains escape.

Ace seeds has their Panama, Tikal.

I'm a fan of Jack the Ripper by TGA, they still sell it under "classics" from "producers overstock" at Geneticsupply.com, along with most JTR hybrids which I loved, especially Kaffir Lime (Black Lime Reserve x JTR)
Man, me n you are of the same mind apparently.

I just got gifted Seeds from a Forum God, Apollo 13 H phenos/Vortex A/B phenos, and the description/flavor profiles and high, no shit, my thoughts went to..Kalamata Red sounds so much like this variety...Tropical/spicy/the stretch isn't indicative, but the raciness and flavors almost seem similar..as I'm writing this, I'm thinking, the structures are very different..but I swear, I could imagine in the 90's TGA knowing some Greek or Arab dude, and trading/getting seeds and crossing with like a jack or something squat and fast...thoughts I dunno :)

Shua1991

Man, me n you are of the same mind apparently.

I just got gifted Seeds from a Forum God, Apollo 13 H phenos/Vortex A/B phenos, and the description/flavor profiles and high, no shit, my thoughts went to..Kalamata Red sounds so much like this variety...Tropical/spicy/the stretch isn't indicative, but the raciness and flavors almost seem similar..as I'm writing this, I'm thinking, the structures are very different..but I swear, I could imagine in the 90's TGA knowing some Greek or Arab dude, and trading/getting seeds and crossing with like a jack or something squat and fast...thoughts I dunno :)
TGA didn't breed the original "princess" line, which led to Apollo/C99. Supposedly brothers grimm seeds found it in a jack here bagseed and inbred it(princess) along with other bagseed from the same fire weed. TGA didn't even create "Spacequeen", what they used is a re-creating using different parent selections than the original. The new one is very low yielding but passes on terps in spades, boosts anything it is bred into, I know the Vortex isn't a landrace, it lacks the vigor and pest resistance and it grows like an heirloom inbred varietal, like 1/5 females was a good yielder, the rest were like "heirloom" plants, small plants packed with terps, good highs.

The "Golden Tiger "-Mango/Malawi phenotype produced by ace seeds is a true sativa, vortex and A13 are not. Grow the golden tiger alongside these seeds and you will see a difference in potency, duration and tolerance buildup, the golden tiger takes a very long time to build a tolerance, the TGA stuff suffers from the opposite, great taste, quick tolerance buildup. It takes longer(2 months) to cure the Golden Tiger though.

poochute

TGA didn't breed the original "princess" line, which led to Apollo/C99. Supposedly brothers grimm seeds found it in a jack here bagseed and inbred it(princess) along with other bagseed from the same fire weed. TGA didn't even create "Spacequeen", what they used is a re-creating using different parent selections than the original. The new one is very low yielding but passes on terps in spades, boosts anything it is bred into, I know the Vortex isn't a landrace, it lacks the vigor and pest resistance and it grows like an heirloom inbred varietal, like 1/5 females was a good yielder, the rest were like "heirloom" plants, small plants packed with terps, good highs.

The "Golden Tiger "-Mango/Malawi phenotype produced by ace seeds is a true sativa, vortex and A13 are not. Grow the golden tiger alongside these seeds and you will see a difference in potency, duration and tolerance buildup, the golden tiger takes a very long time to build a tolerance, the TGA stuff suffers from the opposite, great taste, quick tolerance buildup. It takes longer(2 months) to cure the Golden Tiger though.
Sir you literally just told me nothing but wisdom my God thank you...in in all honesty I was on the Kalamata red cannabis page and I literally thought you were referencing TGA to that and I forgot/mixed which thread I was on lol, ut yes, absolutely its hybridized, and i do know about grimm, i have grown a malawi from ace...i have so many of those seeds i crossed it to a male ssh and or peach hashplant from bodhi ssh from mr nice...the progeny came out pretty cool, very nice uplift, i did cobb them...although i bet the flower would be good, I'm wanting to get into some vortex/apollo 13, i do like a racy jack, and vortex sounds tasty from what ive heard.

Land race side of things though, im Greek...i judt got some kiliminjaro from wos, and kalamata Red from real seed co, im excited for it, although it seems to stretch like a malawi...or a golden tiger? ...but goddammit i want tasty terpage and nice potency...i will say. The female malawi i had towered over everything in my tent, and armed stretched so hard...but i bet packing a bunch betwixt eachother would be airy enough for them to live

Shua1991

Sir you literally just told me nothing but wisdom my God thank you...in in all honesty I was on the Kalamata red cannabis page and I literally thought you were referencing TGA to that and I forgot/mixed which thread I was on lol, ut yes, absolutely its hybridized, and i do know about grimm, i have grown a malawi from ace...i have so many of those seeds i crossed it to a male ssh and or peach hashplant from bodhi ssh from mr nice...the progeny came out pretty cool, very nice uplift, i did cobb them...although i bet the flower would be good, I'm wanting to get into some vortex/apollo 13, i do like a racy jack, and vortex sounds tasty from what ive heard.

Land race side of things though, im Greek...i judt got some kiliminjaro from wos, and kalamata Red from real seed co, im excited for it, although it seems to stretch like a malawi...or a golden tiger? ...but goddammit i want tasty terpage and nice potency...i will say. The female malawi i had towered over everything in my tent, and armed stretched so hard...but i bet packing a bunch betwixt eachother would be airy enough for them to live
A shorter lighting schedule at 10/14 would manage the stretch of pure sativas, speeds up flowering time making it easier to grow, the "Golden Tiger" is (Thai x malawi) so it has both ends of the sativa spectrum, but the fruity phenotypes are obvious and more fragrant than the pure malawi, which has understated terps/flavor. The Golden Tiger is surprisingly more robust, the Thai helps in that regard and can boost the spicy/funky/meaty smells you find in malawi.
IMG_20231031_184634.jpg
IMG_20231031_184532.jpg
this plant has the malawi Mango/Armpit stank and ready for harvest at 10 weeks, it has 25% Spacequeen f2 in its parentage, likely helping reduce the flower time, Better growth than vortex I grew long ago, likely more potent too.

Last edited:

poochute

Malawi's vigor, and the essence of the pure races high, in my cross is was def cerebral as well, Thai is a fave of mine, I'm very in love with a chocolatey Chocolope my dude in Cali had a little bit back, just euphoria and warmth, I was into Malawi Style Cob Curing forum for a bit and cobbed my cross of choc and a Male Bodhi peachhashplant and/or MR Nice SSH *was an open double polli*, I wish I cobbed my pure Ace Malawi, does the flavor transfer in Smoke?

Again, atm, I'm stoked on this Kalamata Red coming, they say the flavors outrageous, probably of south east asian and/or leb origins, but considered Greek Landrace..I love my goddamn Greek peeps

poochute

<My first smoke of my Malawi, was unique to the rest thereafter, because *New Terps, initial blast in the mind*, but it like turned a brightness up in my day, like HD high res awareness, like I would take that hunting in the wild, I've had similar stones with Green Crack from San Diego buddies, really goddamn wish I cobbed her, do you cobb?

Shua1991

Skunk no 1
It's funny you mention it, Oldschoolseed company makes a old school skunk which is a classic purpling sativa/Colombian dominant skunk, less indica influence than the Dutch cash crop stuff, 11-12 week flower time, I've wanted to try some for a while but couldn't be the first person to give them a go, I've not seen any grow reports of it but it seems legit. I still may get a pack or two before years end to sample.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
I can vouch for the bangi haze and nep jam ....... also years ago i found a real bell ringer in Dutch passions 'outlaw' ... was only 1 out of the 10 that pleased me but ...it was excellent .....tall with tiny tight buds ... a lot of diversity in phenos as i remember

Latest posts

Latest posts