What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best "energic high" variety + questions :)

M4ra

Hello! I am new here!

I have Durban Poison autofem plants - three of them, this is my first grow by the way.. I want to ask couple questions.

First: approximately 4 weeks remain until harvest (yum, yum). Should I cut down big leaves week before harvesting? Because I saw a lot of people doing it prior to harvest (to get more light on buds maybe?).

Second: question goes more for Plagron. I've heard tons of good review about Plagron Green Sensation. So I was wondering if it's worthy to apply 4 weeks before harvest or just buy normal fertilizer Plagron bloom?

Third: question goes more for my next grow. I will build a growbox myself, because winter's coming and I would like to go more into growing. But the problem is I am a programmer and I can't have variety with stoned-like high.. very hard.. can't express myself.. you get the idea. Therefore I chose Durban Poison for my first grow, because I saw somewhere that it is very energic variety. So I was wondering if you can advice me with something even better or is this good choice for me?

Thanks for any advice :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I do not have much experience with autoflower, but you want something that is sativa dominant. Sativa is a more "up" high and indica is a more "stoned" buzz. Hope that helps some. I think your Durban will be nice for what you are looking for.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I also am not familiar with Plagron, but I would just go with the normal bloom. I'm sure it calls for the normal bloom to be supplemented with the booster. Maybe next round you could try adding the bloom booster to the base bloom food.

Getting acclimated to the base nutrients is key to successful growing.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Auto Euforia from Dutch Passion.
This is quite the opposite of my bedtime smoke. My eyes dart around and my brain is going too many directions.

On the other two, nutes are nutes, if the necessary basics are included supplements only add money to the plant.
The large fan leaves store energy from the vegging stage only to release it to the buds during flowering. Cutting them off restricts the energy the plants receives. A well fed plant will give a good yield without fan leaves, but leaving the leaves does not diminish the harvest.

Yellowmoon

Personally don't see logic in cutting off large green fan leaves. One could think it stresses the plant? Not to mention, as Phaeton just said, they supplement energy to the buds until they go yellow or brown. Which is when they should easily snap off anyway and should go to allow light to penetrate. Good luck!

Sativan

If you cut the larger fan leaves off you'll retard the growth of the plant. You don't want to do that with an autofem. It doesn't have much growing time as it is and unnecessary obstacles should be removed from hindering the plant's growth.

The ladies still need energy in the later and final stages of growth.