What's new

Best Drying Method?

G

i cut trim and hang in my klozit then i take a portable ac unit and turn on as cold as possible then i turn my dehumidifer on and keep the klozit closed and dark for about 4-6 days and bam off to jars then to the fridge and some to my RooR or Vrip.then i keep the jars in the fridge for about 2 weeks opening and closeing the jars about twice a day for abuot 2-4hrs total time to make sure no moisture is trapped in the jars or you mold up then after the 2 weeks them jars get sealed and stored til im ready to use them.i have noticed dryn when its colder makes the buds tighten up even more...using this method i get solid nugs some rock hard some just nice and solid.rarely ever have fluffy nugs.

Swerve

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
if you want to smoke a bud you cut that morning but you dont want to nuke it...
I start my car and turn the defrost all the way up, and put on the highest temp setting. place the buds on your dash right over the defrost vents...let them sit there with the car running for about an hour and a half. violla dry buds!! This stinks your car up baaad!!!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
For a quck dryif u8 absolooutley must u stick it on the back of my tc, of on top of the cable tv connection box, nic and warm, do it befor i go to bed, and its ready to smoke when u get up next fday, obviously this is only for a little bit, like a couple of spliffs worth.

Sleepy

Veteran
question about mold

question about mold

hello,
i hung 'em up until stems "snapped" went to put into jars today, and noticed some mold on the inside parts of the larger buds. ARGHHH!

can these buds be salvaged? should i cut the rest of them apart to check for mold or whatever this stuff is? kind of looks like cotton candy. i was doing all i could to prevent this, too (i thought). 50% humidity, dried until stems snapped, never watered in P.M. man , i'm bummed!

any advice??

Caprichoso said:
Gotta tell you, trimming dry will lose you trichs by the boatload. When those leaves get dry and crunchy and you begin snipping them off, trichomes are ejected in all directions and fall off the plant when the buds impact the table your using. Trimming wet prevents the explosive ejection loss and whatever does happen to come off is so sticky that it adheres to your scissor blades. Scraping this off and letting it dry overnight will give you the growers gold, scissor hash. Once you've had it, harvest takes on a whole new meaning.

I've always hung dry and then trimmed. Do you trim wet and then into paper bags for drying? That actually may be the best for drying and slowly curing while keeping taste and smell in tact while achieving the compact nug look...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I trim it as soon as they come down.... its much easier that way, when they hung upside-down and the leaves droop down encasing the bud, it dries, it makes the trimmimg much more fiddly, I do most of it, then hang it still pretty much intact branches, then when i take it down from hanging, i break it down and de-stem i9t, get the last few bits of leaf*( I do leave a fair bit on tho-if its got a good coating of trichs) Then its into the paper bags to finish, and finally, the jars.

G

Great posts by all; cool to hear everyones methods. I trim when I chop then hang in a dark closet with a small fan pointed away from them. I pull them when the stem snaps or a little before. I stick in mason jars for a 3-4 week cure, 'burping' every day a couple of times for the first week and then every 2-3 days after that.