What's new

Best cookie recipe with butter or coconut oil

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, holiday baking time is upon us. Plan to bake small drop cookies for customers/patrons/peers in appreciation of friendship/association.

I read the Snickerdoodles recipe here. Haven't tried it yet.

Finding it hard to disguise the taste of cannabis (in oil/butter), and not an overly fudge/chocolate (as main ingredient) fan, nor others from what I've experienced. Have heard many a story on brownies that comatosed folks.

My favorite sweet snack is nutella infused on graham crackers....anyone deconstruct that into a good medible morsel?

Chocolate chip or butterscotch chip is a favorite. Also, steeping raisins in canna brandy for oatmeal cookies. Sounds good to me!

Any recipes to share will be immensely helpful. Also, comments/critique of what works, what doesn't.....

Thanks all.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Are you cleaning the fat of the water soluables?

Ime, that's where most of the "bad" taste comes in.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even though I blanch or rinse dried cannabis before making canna butter/canna coconut oil, there's that hay taste.

gorilla ganja

Rinse,rinse,rinse.

Once you make the canna butter, drain off the water.
Add hot water, let separate and harden in fridge
repeat till water is clear. 3-4 times.
Also clarified butter with no milk solids helps alot.

Very little taste left in the butter. Having said that we make ginger snap cookies
good for travel,storage, we freeze them and take them out to eat. They don't melt or fall apart like some cookies.

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

yup, I agree on the hot water rinsing and resolidifying. I do that till the water is clear as well. Usually on the first run , the underside of the hardened butter is like a sludge and a darker colour... I get rid of all that.
With each hot water rinse the butter gets lighter and lighter.
people actually marvel at how my cookies and brownies don't taste like weed at all but screw them right up just the same hahaha
My recipe for cookies is one I've used for near 20 years, Toll house, and I use the butter 1/2 and 1/2 with normal butter in whatever amount the recipe calls for.... my butter making recipe I learned in 89 from an ol biker gal.
I got my actual baker's journeyman ticket in 94 :D
I fuggen hate baking,...... except for pies and weed goodies :pimp3:

p.s. always use real vanilla with weed butter. And a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg.... just a pinch, also drastically reduces the taste of weed in the butter.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, will try again......reconstitute the butter in water (currently in the freezer) in slow cooker. Thanks folks!

Great tip, Tynehead ~~~> Toll house, and I use the butter 1/2 and 1/2 with normal butter in whatever amount the recipe calls for....

Also, I've been making arthritis balm out of olive, grape seed oils for years....should I do that as well? Never gave it any thought reading how to make balms..... Heat up oil after solidifying until water is clear? It'll be a DUH! moment, if I was supposed to be refining where water is clear.

gorilla ganja

After the canna butter is cooked in crock pot, I strain material trough a strainer lined with cheese cloth and then put the bulk material still in cloth in a steel potato ricer to squeeze out every drop I can into a clear bowl.

Then put in fridge. This will make the above rinsing step easier as you can see the water.
When it gets solidified, I poke a hole in the butter to drain water out.
And scrap off fine particles on bottom,Break the butter up so it melts faster
Then add boiling water. stir and put back in fridge.No need for crock pot at this stage.

Hope this makes sense. It really is super easy.

Best of luck

Peace GG

t99

Veteran
I've been using Terpene's method
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=269402
The cinnamon really does help with the taste (and smell while making butter) and water washing several times is a must.
I also use the toll house recipe with 1/2 unprepared butter added, otherwise cookies come out too hard. They come out tasting great, usually get complements on how they don't taste green

Tynehead Tom

I'll be doing a 5 to 6 pound batch of weed butter in a few weeks after we move. I make water hash as well so after the initial first run hash extraction, the now soaking wet weed goes into freezer bags and into the freezer. I'll use all that material to make my weed butter.... nothing goes to waste and I find it makes much nicer product that folks seem to tolerate well potency wise.

redlaser

Veteran
Like others are saying, a few rinses of the butter really reduces the weed taste. Coconut oil is a lot better at not retaining the weed taste smell and taste initially. For me, when using coconut oil it doesn't even need to be rinsed afterward because the smell is so minimal. Of course I don't mind a little weed smell, but I would imagine if coco oil was rinsed even one time it would be quite hard to detect weed smell or taste.

As far as recipes themselves go, I just use basic ones with extra vanilla and chocolate, not to hide weed smell, just personal preference

mr.brunch

Veteran
Personally I find the best way is to make ice water hash, decarb into coconut oil (as in the sticky thread at the top, by badkittysmiles) then use the oil in place of butter in cookie recipe.
At .3 g hash per cookie they are nice n strong, with no bad taste

Latest posts

Latest posts