What's new

Beginner Questions

mrniceguy

Hello Everyone. At the moment i am about a week into flowering a DWC setup with "chem" nutes, and for my next grow i would be interested in doing an organic hydro grow, and i have a few questions regarding such a thing.

1. Is it simply a matter of substituting chemical nutes with organic? Will organics work well in my bubbler setup?

2. Do i have to check the ph as in a chem setup? If so where should i run it?

3. Do i run the EC/ppm at the same concentration as in a chem setup? I was reading a thread the other day where there was some discussion over this.

4. What nutes are the go? I have heard the PBP nutes are the go, but should i also add other trace elements to that, flowering boosters etc?

I really like the idea of hydro growth rate with an organic product at the end of it. Just a suggestion, but maybe there could be a sticky in this forum covering the basics for organic newbys like me? Texas Kid seems to have bulk info on the subject, and its all good :joint: , but i need an organic kindergarden lesson to get started!

Thankyou for your time!

:friends:

G

I am also new to hydro but have had good results with PBP supplemented with Liquid Karma and HydroGuard. All of these products come from Botanicare and seem nicely balanced though the veg cycle. I have not got to the point of flowering yet, but if they perform as well in flower as they have in veg I will be completely satisfied. I am not new to growing, but new to hydro and would suggest that you try different nutes, practices, feeding schedules, etc. This is the only way to become a great cropper. Trial and error will give you great knowledge in the end and make you a well rounded grower. Asking questions is great and you can learn a bunch, but your own experimentation will gain you threefold of knowledge. Don't worry MJ is pretty hard to mess up. No worries, you can always start fresh if you blow things up. Good luck and best wishes

bundesliga

mrniceguy

Thanks for the response bundesliga:) I think i am just going to give it a shot, like you said. I am all out of chem nutes anyhow, just bought a litre of Org nutes from my LHS the other day and im all set to try it. I carefully mixed up a 500ml test mix according to their recomendations, and it only registered as 0.8 EC on my meter, and my local tapwater is 0.6, so i guess i wont be using my meter much anymore.

Oh by the way my LHS does not stock PBP nutes. The only organics are "Bio Juice" from South Australia, and "Monsta Bud" which is actually only a "high organic" nute, and not fully organic. So i got the Bio Juice anyhow (bloom formula). I am still going to supplement with Superthrive, Peroxide and Silica(of which Bio Juice has none), so it wont be fully organic, but mostly.

Cheers

Mr Niceguy
:)

G

check out TK's organic grow area for plenty of info on various organics and their proper uses. Good Luck with your organics.

Avid

mosess187

im a first time grower, and im shooting for a 55day harvest no veg.! were can i get ahold of 100% organic nutes from?

Latest posts

Latest posts