What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Before the Trim (Tangie x RGM)

I wanted to experiment a little with seeing how to better select males, so I took an RGM (Roasted Garlic Margy from Cannarado) male which I had flowered out a cut of beforehand to see if there were any visible intersex traits (a couple of others had expressed female pistils in flower). During the initial flowering out of the male, it looked to be stable so I hit a few cuts, including a special Tangie cut from my buddy CapeTownLoud.

It turned out that the male was a herm machine and almost everything that was tested in the progeny had intersex issues. Just confirming how challenging breeding work can be, even when you take the right approach. Of course, none of this went to market and it was all just an experience. But man, some of the flowers - despite throwing some male traits, gave some exceptionally beautiful flowers and a solid smoke.

This was my favourite of the progeny I ran.

Attachments

• photo2089419.jpg
    photo2089419.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Latest posts