What's new

Beet juice ?

Bio boy

Music please…. Let the beet drop ,
My bio digester fertiliser utilise corn ,beet and grass, they ferment it and it’s good shit,

I learnt worms love beet scraps and beet juice water has been used for centuries to foilar plants and root drench as a fertiliser alone apparently

Now I got beet juice as I boiled a load to can, my chickens get fed the water as it’s rich in Calcium , Potassium and Iron as well as other minerals and vitamins them 3 are the most abundant.

In the fact we can an feed alfalfa teas and other strange goodies which once I would have thought to induce root problems I now use , well I am sat feeding my chickens their beets and wondering why the hell arntbi adding this to my canna organic pots ?

Any problems with this ? Or am I doing what many say and seeing cannabis as a special plant when I fact it’s just a bloody plant lol,

Beet water seems to colour everything red so would the colour suck up into the buds and trichomes too ? And am I safe to add this to my feed? I’m mid flower so potassium is welcomed lol

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I get a potassium overload from the batch of beet wine I just made... does that count? (Beets make amazing wine) lol Beets really are awesome in many ways, and the nutrients they absorb is one of their best features. I'd say you're in need of a side by side test in your setup. :)

Bio boy

I get a potassium overload from the batch of beet wine I just made... does that count? (Beets make amazing wine) lol Beets really are awesome in many ways, and the nutrients they absorb is one of their best features. I'd say you're in need of a side by side test in your setup. :)
Not a bad idea I have some clones just set off so I will do that , will dunk ‘‘em and pot ‘‘em and do control too,though doesn’t sound like you had control haha

@Bush Dr exactuly what I mean hehe without knowing the mineral value inside I would like to go with the basis I find online which is mix 1:1 water and if juiced beet they say to add 30ml a liter for chickens growth improvement and better digestion of nutrients

so I’ll do a 1:1 and a 30ml l and a control

led05

Chasing The Present
Just grow them below your trees and leave some in the ground to slow release fertilize year over year, carrots too; I can’t even budge this thing a millimeter, like a tree trunk & it’s early still in season

976D65D2-630B-44C6-8468-7D33963BA364.jpeg

0352A22D-5EA8-4A72-874D-43E4928F6CFD.jpeg

E4A814DB-36FC-4CB2-B23D-B7337940BCBD.jpeg

troutman

Seed Whore
Sugar can be extracted from beets and they're also are rich in iron and potassium.
I bought a bag a few days ago and was thinking of composting the skins than I
chop off when I cook them. Beet juice feeds microorganisms well too.

led05

Chasing The Present
Sugar can be extracted from beets and they're also are rich in iron and potassium.
If anyone is into serious health grow beets, just julienne them raw into a salad with carrots & cabbage, garlic, fresh feta boom - (all shit you grow eat raw as u can) - all same way, skip all the other noise eat them fresh & whole all of it never peeling off the bad, eat it all
… the next day after the energy rush you’ve already got you’ll learn nothing is better than beets when you drop 2 feet of deuce - live & learn then live better - haha booyah

led05

Chasing The Present
Sugar beets vs beets - but it don’t matter, it’s all butter and better than anything you’ll ever buy and so easy to grow - fresh beets diced are cream of the crop.. you’ve gotta grow it all to understand vs just reading bout others ;) - buy an acre already then expand brother, your passion is evident :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Stay away from beets grown in bad soil... like cannabis, these things absorb stuff you don't want. Had a batch of beets from one grower locally that gave me night paralysis both times I ate them. (Second time I ate them, I had only those beets as my meal to test whether they were the cause... and they were.)

Bio boy

Stay away from beets grown in bad soil... like cannabis, these things absorb stuff you don't want. Had a batch of beets from one grower locally that gave me night paralysis both times I ate them. (Second time I ate them, I had only those beets as my meal to test whether they were the cause... and they were.)
Wtf same for everything like right ? What the hell is that pesticide metals b shit paradises ya at night ? Wana tell the story more my partner had this once and I’m interested what happened

Douglas.Curtis

Wtf same for everything like right ? What the hell is that pesticide metals b shit paradises ya at night ? Wana tell the story more my partner had this once and I’m interested what happened
Not all plants absorb things they don't really need from the soil. Cannabis is definitely one you need clean soil for. It will absorb oils, all kinds of pesticides and chemicals, as well as excess nutrients when available.

Both instances were the same. Waking up in the middle of the night, paralyzed, and only being able to barely move my eyelids. Like I said before, I ate *only* those beets for dinner the second time and the exact same thing happened. Definitely use clean soil for your beets (all root veggies???).

The beets came from an 'organic' grower who had been growing on their property for 3+ years. This guy has LOTS of issues with their brain, and after eating their beets twice I'm not surprised at all. This guy talks about half his body not wanting to work one afternoon, while working with a chainsaw! Yeah, they nearly cut into their leg that day. Won't listen to a single word about it possibly being caused by their beets, or other wonderful produce they grow. *sigh*

UPDATE: Wife says I have to dump the beet wine out and I completely agree. Had 12oz the last 3 nights running (Stuff is nearly 20% alcohol, so it knocks me right out... lol) and last night the restless beet leg syndrome, snoring and mumbling in my sleep from it was ridiculous. I feel great physically but it's obviously affecting mental aspects. lol

(Clarification: I'm talking about beets from a few years ago from this fellow's farm, and beets grown locally this year in the 4-corners area. I bought this second batch from the local grocery store which sources their produce locally. As far as I'm aware, there seem to be issues with the soil here (uranium country as well) and I, for one, will not grow cannabis in it.)

Last edited:

Bio boy

Not all plants absorb things they don't really need from the soil. Cannabis is definitely one you need clean soil for. It will absorb oils, all kinds of pesticides and chemicals, as well as excess nutrients when available.

Both instances were the same. Waking up in the middle of the night, paralyzed, and only being able to barely move my eyelids. Like I said before, I ate *only* those beets for dinner the second time and the exact same thing happened. Definitely use clean soil for your beets (all root veggies???).

The beets came from an 'organic' grower who had been growing on their property for 3+ years. This guy has LOTS of issues with their brain, and after eating their beets twice I'm not surprised at all. This guy talks about half his body not wanting to work one afternoon, while working with a chainsaw! Yeah, they nearly cut into their leg that day. Won't listen to a single word about it possibly being caused by their beets, or other wonderful produce they grow. *sigh*

UPDATE: Wife says I have to dump the beet wine out and I completely agree. Had 12oz the last 3 nights running (Stuff is nearly 20% alcohol, so it knocks me right out... lol) and last night the restless beet leg syndrome, snoring and mumbling in my sleep from it was ridiculous. I feel great physically but it's obviously affecting mental aspects. lol
Bloody hell that’s nuts my beets are nice I wonder wtf he fed Them maybe he was pissing on them as we know medication wil pass urine so could have had his dose of meds too lol

I’ve made a blended beet strained with fish and kelp em1 and microbes it’s red as fook everuthing says it’s good to feed but my head gets stuck on what if it causes root rot lol
stuck in old ways clean n salty I guess

ppm is 295 should be cool to feed yeah ?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Music please…. Let the beet drop ,
My bio digester fertiliser utilise corn ,beet and grass, they ferment it and it’s good shit,

I learnt worms love beet scraps and beet juice water has been used for centuries to foilar plants and root drench as a fertiliser alone apparently

Now I got beet juice as I boiled a load to can, my chickens get fed the water as it’s rich in Calcium , Potassium and Iron as well as other minerals and vitamins them 3 are the most abundant.

In the fact we can an feed alfalfa teas and other strange goodies which once I would have thought to induce root problems I now use , well I am sat feeding my chickens their beets and wondering why the hell arntbi adding this to my canna organic pots ?

Any problems with this ? Or am I doing what many say and seeing cannabis as a special plant when I fact it’s just a bloody plant lol,

Beet water seems to colour everything red so would the colour suck up into the buds and trichomes too ? And am I safe to add this to my feed? I’m mid flower so potassium is welcomed lol
Bio Boy, I was testing beets earlier this season in my fungal repositories. The sugars are like steroids for the plants, sadly the color doesn't translate into other plants.
You can however influence phenotypic expressions with steady feedings of certain types of fruits and potatoes. I start feeding my grow bags about a month or two before I start germination of seeds.

I have no need for fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides. I check my natural water source early in the spring and that's it. The whole season is on auto pilot. The fungal repositories self monitor the Ph and the plants are to healthy for pests.

I have been proving my technique for 7 years now and it gets better each season.
20230531_090142.jpg
20230531_090157.jpg
20230531_090427.jpg
20230529_114950.jpg
20220702_143843.jpg
20230706_181206.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Here's a link to my thread that covers everything I've done this season until today so far.
Peace farmerlion

Bio boy

Here's a link to my thread that covers everything I've done this season until today so far.
Peace farmerlion
Wow that’s awesome I’m gona have a good read

my barrel is 48 hr old and I didn’t dare fed it to plants the ph is dropping its 5.3 now lol
i feel I’ll make a fresh barrel up and add beet to the mulch for the worms instead this round and use rest of my biobizz nutes

but I am wondering to use this barrel as a base to mix in like you have there ,I wana make my own fertiliser I do wonder how you guess any npk they have though

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Wow that’s awesome I’m gona have a good read

my barrel is 48 hr old and I didn’t dare fed it to plants the ph is dropping its 5.3 now lol
i feel I’ll make a fresh barrel up and add beet to the mulch for the worms instead this round and use rest of my biobizz nutes

but I am wondering to use this barrel as a base to mix in like you have there ,I wana make my own fertiliser I do wonder how you guess any npk they have though
Forget NPK all together. Please read my thread. On the first page I cover how composted Teas work. There's so much disinformation out there being talked about by people that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Once you have the moment of epiphany on how plants really eat and are fed, you will throw away every note you have written or book that is just flat out wrong. Go read my thread and if you have questions I will happily answer them in detail.

I have an older thread in the Advanced Sciences and growing forum called Making Marijuana Great Again. It's a compilation of hundreds of hours of doctoral studies. I became ill before I could finish that grow but the knowledge value is immeasurable.

Have a great night, enjoy the read. This will change they way you grow.
Peace brother
farmerlion

Bio boy

Forget NPK all together. Please read my thread. On the first page I cover how composted Teas work. There's so much disinformation out there being talked about by people that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Once you have the moment of epiphany on how plants really eat and are fed, you will throw away every note you have written or book that is just flat out wrong. Go read my thread and if you have questions I will happily answer them in detail.

I have an older thread in the Advanced Sciences and growing forum called Making Marijuana Great Again. It's a compilation of hundreds of hours of doctoral studies. I became ill before I could finish that grow but the knowledge value is immeasurable.

Have a great night, enjoy the read. This will change they way you grow.
Peace brother
farmerlion
I will do that first thing I believe I’ve been in your thread there before hehe , I am on my way, seen a few over here arguing how compost teas are a gimmic and just give the compost, I argued it as feeding microbes n much more but hey , ya sound class and I’d love to learn more so you will see me in there