What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beer Summit....

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
I will take a moosehead as well as an oatmeal stout please.. peace.

sack

H

h^2 O

Gates and the other Dubois professors have MAJOR attitudes and fill their offices with old blackface ads

H

h^2 O

oh nobody mentioned the woman who called the cops in the first place? She's lived across from professor Gates for 15 years and "didn't recognize him"? She told the cops there were two black men trying to break in. One was Gates, in a suit, and the other was his chauffeur.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
oh nobody mentioned the woman who called the cops in the first place? She's lived across from professor Gates for 15 years and "didn't recognize him"? She told the cops there were two black men trying to break in. One was Gates, in a suit, and the other was his chauffeur.

Bewitched-Gladys-Kravitz-bewitched-.jpg

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran

Where did you hear she said two black men ?

That's not what was said on the 911 tape.

He was out of the country, it was dark....she did what she thought was right.

People making this out to be some huge racial conspiracy is mind-boggling.

The guy was arrested for disorderly conduct, even mentioned the officer's mother.....a Harvard Professor resorting to 3rd grade insults.....hmmm.:chin:

I'm sure there was another way to diffuse the situation. :2cents:

The president getting "involved" just brings this cluster-fuck to an entirely new level.

Solving the world's problems over an American beer owned by foriegners....

H

h^2 O

That's not what was said on the 911 tape.
no it's on the police report - at *some* point she gave police the idea they were black. :joint:

okay looks like this neighbor, Whalen, is on the record as having said "two black men with backpacks" - it looks like she *may* not have said they were black, and that the report that was handed in was made to explicitly state "two black men" so that the cops wouldn't get any shit about race

sackoweed

Veteran
uhm im still waiting for that dayum beer..?! tap tap tap... hmmm peace..

sack

Yeah the beer summit definitely shoulda been a session....A big hookah with 4 tubes, some kush or diesel or something, maybe they woulda ironed things out....

From what I remember, on the 911 call which I heard, the lady didn't mention race until being asked what race they are, in which case she responded one may be hispanic...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/27/gates.arrest/

IMO Gates was wrong for being a douchebag and not cooperating with a cop doing his job, the cop in that situation shoulda turned the other cheek after confirming it was his residence and let it be....I have a job where I have to do that a lot and I can understand that you can wear thin of taking abuse from assholes when you do your job....but you gotta do your job right regardless...I don't think for a second the cops reaction was racially motivated...in a way the Professors reaction was...

Then Obama takes his buddies side and says the police department acted stupidly (yeah that'll help you push your health care plan....) after admitting he doesn't know what happened.....

Noticing the foul up he announces this as an opportunity for America to move forward racially? Gimme a break....

Dammit how many people in America have an altercation with a cop due partially to their own stupidity and get a summit with a President to iron it out? I think a more normal person (black or white) would likely still be facing those B.S. charges...

Way to try to save face Obama....(I'm not angrily anti-Obama as a whole....this whole incident has really dissapointed me)....

I actually kinda like it that Joe Biden showed up out of nowhere for the free beer! Rock on Joe

They all have some degree of fault for this IMO, but Obama rushing to judgment publicly without knowing details is the biggest goof of the three of them...

The whole gosh darn media circus is pissing me off....I'm gonna go take a bong hit now.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I heard that the first thing that Obama said when the butler brought over the drinks and snacks, was, you're gonna love my NUTS!

It's probably good for the cop, but I don't think his energy is welcome. Probably nice to have a polite interaction, there are such subtle energy shifts. Probably quite a bit dramatic, outcast.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
You can be arrested for being a jerk? Wow. Can you cite that law?

For the record the charges were dropped because he was arrested for no reason.

Yes, you can be arrested for being racist, or overtly a jerk to a cop. public nuisance whatever, public drunkeness lol...only Biden would have escaped that charge with the non-alcoholic beer LMAO

imo, Hopey McChange did the smart thing with this photo-op. He made sure both parties were well vetted and the press kept at a good distance away. I'd be surprised if they talked about anything important at all. IMO the only racism here is a Black Professor profiling a white cop who (surprise!) went on a power trip after his mother was insulted.

Exactly!

eglider

Poor cop , you know his boss made him go. He'd rather cut his own throat than have a beer with that racist asshole.
Gates better stay out of those dark alleyways on campus.....lol. He pissed off a few East Cambridge kids who's fathers are cops. These guys are NOT the Kumbaya crowd ...lol.

The only racism I see is on full display, right here in this thread. Not naming names, just pointing out the obvious.

Sorry to be so frank, but overt racism here is just disgusting. You're an embarassment to the entire human race.

sadly, i agree.

wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlfxJbFbbqw

sackoweed

Veteran
ok im not paying for this beer it is wrong.. Its bood light... wtf i ordered oatmeal stout.. peace..

sack

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Originally Posted by slappyjack View Post
The only racism I see is on full display, right here in this thread. Not naming names, just pointing out the obvious.

Sorry to be so frank, but overt racism here is just disgusting. You're an embarassment to the entire human race.
sadly, i agree

You guys sound like broken records..

eglider

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Trained to Knee-jerk at the slightest mention of black fallibilty. Please take your Summer Lib -camp lessons to the Kos. Over there blacks cannot ever be wrong . Period . Ever. Garafalo says so, and so it is.

L

luaith

latest from norad is that obama has a magical unicorn that he rides to disarm NK ballistic missles....
heres a high def image from norads doppler radar..
picture.php

not sure why he's naked...maybe he has magical powers...idk?