What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Been a while.

C Monster

Evening folks,

Just popping in after years hoping everybody had a good outdoor harvest this year.

Any of the old crowd still knocking about, SilC, HGO ect...

Cookie.

C Monster

Cheers folks,

It was a good year for outdoors this year, apart from April where I binned a good feew seedlings due to being buried in hailstones for a couple of days.

HFH crosses are still going strong, they are mainly HP2 x DG and DG x HP x WS07.
I added some strawberry cough into the 2 HFH crosses a few years ago and that worked quite well...it added a bit of fruity sweetness.

The warm dry spell from Sept-Oct was a blessing.
I had a few Hindu Kush, Critical Sensi ,Durban and against my better judgement Power Plant clones in the ground since early June.
They all finished towards the end of Oct, by finished I mean, they were harvested when the pistils had receeded, calyxs swollen and the plant was at the stage where it was digesting their fan leaves to beat the band.

Mould wasn't an issue this year but that's not really a concern with the HFH x's.
The indoor clones did surprise me but given that it was dry and breezy with good sun when they needed it ....well I'd hazard a guess and say I got very lucky with the weather but I'll reserve a spot in the garden next year for another Kush and probably another for the Durban clones if they are still knocking about.

Happy hash making season.

C Monster

Well folks,
It's that time of year again where little green cotyledons are soaking up the sunshine 😁.

First ones up for me this year are hindu kush x hfh mix.
The hfh mix is a combination of Esbens hash plant ,hp2 , ws07 and Danish gold.
I'm Pretty happy with 100% germination and good strong seedlings.

Everything is started off in a propagation tent under 70w led, heat mats and plagron light mix as a starter medium.
Out to the greenhouse when they are 3 days old and they can sit there until late April when i'll have a fair idea about sex.

I'm not wasting my time this year graduating upwards in pots, 4" then straight into 12" pots..

Tomorrow its blue cheese x hp2 going into pots, I dont have very many seeds left so these are going to be grown for seed and dry screening.

Happy sowing.

C Monster

Hi Budz,
Not really, except for the bag and a bit added to the compost heap but even that's used coco from growing mushrooms.

Soil amendments are very simple in my garden, compost, molasses, sand, limestone flour, chopped miscantus, seaweed and bio buzz.

You can pick up all of that stuff at any equine feed store, 1/4 the price of any garden center/growshop.
It's all stuff that is fed to extremely valuable thoroughbreds so it purer and every production run is tested for contamination, moulds and other nasty shit.

C Monster

20220326_153159.jpg
Cold weather due in next week folks, let's not be fooled by the current warm spell.

Quick snap of the first tray enjoying the sun.

C Monster

The last of the heavy frosts are gone in my area and the plants are a few weeks old.

As always the good old hfh semi-auto genetics are true to form and the males are beginning to show.
Popped a few into the ground this evening, no special treatment other than a few shovels of potting mix into the soil which is a lovely loamy soil with sand and alluvial silt making up most of its composition so not much needs doing to it.

Some more from the first batch to plant but i picked the best five so thats enough of them, the best of the second batch and the blue cheese will go in at the end of the month.

Attachments

• 20220506_185929.jpg
    20220506_185929.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 104

Latest posts

Latest posts