What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Basic question on breeding Autos for seeds..

Kuroth

Was searching on here but never really found the answer to my basic beginners breeding question...

At some point, I would like to try and produce my own seeds for my own use... Can you basically get seeds from any male with any female???

I was thinking of trying a male Auto Lowryder2 with say a female Auto White Dwarf...

I am not trying to create my own strain or anything.. Just trying to get to where I dont have to order seeds anymore...

Thanks!

Yes, you can get seeds from any male with any female. I've done some simple crosses and have been very happy with the resulting plants. I understand those autoflowering genes are dominant. Good Luck!

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
2 autoflowering strains crossing would be a good thing, only way I think I would make new auto flowering strains just to make sure I keep those phenotypes to their own. Would hate for autoflowering traits to go into a regular breeding project though.

I just can't handle the no reveg issue they present and always having to start fresh each time.

What I would do is

breed the two auto flowering strains together

then breed their kids to each other

grow out the beans from the kids breeding together and see what you come up with.

The af trait is isnt dominant so if you cross a af to a non af only 25 -50% of the seeds will auto flower! Lowryder#1 is said to be true breeding try crossing that one of the stronger afs

peace

Kuroth

The af trait is isnt dominant so if you cross a af to a non af only 25 -50% of the seeds will auto flower! Lowryder#1 is said to be true breeding try crossing that one of the stronger afs

peace

What if I would cross an AF with another type of AF, Would their seeds be 100% auto then?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran

peace

If Auto Flowering is recessive, then the first cross, AF x non-AF or non-AF x AF, should have pretty much NO AF's shouldn't it?