What's new

barcelona

myrth

hey,

may be heading to barcelona in mid-november. was wondering if there were any coffeeshops or generous ICMag people that might be able to help a weary tourist enjoy himself a bit... ;)

-myrth

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Im not from barcelona, but its a great city. The architecture is simply breath taking, something everyone should experience.

Im sure you can find hash there, quality bud may just depend on the people you ask. I always act on the philosophy if they look like a pot head, they talk like a pot head, and they smell like a pot head, there probablly know where some dank kill is at :D

bartender187

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Barcelona... Wow! Now there's a city I haven't thought about in many a year!!! Sounds like you've been there 'tender?

I did four years as an East Coast Sailor {US Navy}, and on one Med Tour {of 4 that I made in 4 years!} we made a brief port call in Barcelona...

Wish I could help ya out, Myrth. But its been over 20 years since I was there, and as I recall I didn't make it too far from Fleet Landing before landing on a bar stool someplace, and subsequently having to be carried back to the ship...

I do recollect an interlude there with a quite nice 'Lady of the Evening' though... :D
icon14.gif
-- Only time in all four Med Tours that I made use of their 'services'...

G

Goodhouse Seeds is based out of Barcelona, you may shoot them an email and see where it gets you.

BOG says Gypsy has some interesting new prospects in Spain, he may have some useful info for you as well.

If you are traveling to Barcelona from elsewhere by train, take a good walk up and down the cars and use "Bartender's Stoner Profiling". Strike up a conversation and you may be headed straight towards your sacred herb as soon as you leave the train!

Be sure to check out the Gaudi architecture; Casa Batllo, Park Guell and La Sagrada Familia. Be sure to find some stash first and heavily medicate before you go see them, it will blow your mind....

Also, they burn the midnight oil in Barcelona. Don't bother going out at night until at least 11:00, and expect to watch the sunrise by the time you are done.

As Bob said, the "Ladies of the Night" are abundant, especially on the Rambla de Catalunya. My advise is to go clubbing and find a spicy spanish dish for free!

Enjoy Barcelona, it is an amazing city rich in culture and national pride. I wish I were in your shoes, I am envious! Be sure to take pics and share your canna adventure!

G

Was in Barcelona in the late 70's. You could score good hash very easily. As you walk down the Ramblas, near the harbor, take the side alleys. Many lead to small squares with outdoor restaurants. Sit at one of the tables and the dealers will kill each other to get to you first.

Good luck.

Great show!!

Great show!!

Hi,

Just came back in Haarlem after spending two entire days on the Barcelona Highlife fair, smoking 24/7.
The set up was great, in a well lit (daylight) hall, with a real load of participating companies, mainly Spanish and Dutch, but there were companies from Switserland, France, Uk, USA, Denmark, Canada, Italy, Belgium, Germany and Austria as well.
Friday was the wholesale/business day, which was well visited, Saturday was the first day for the public, and they came in hurds, clogging up the really wide passage ways in between stands.
I will try to get the exact number of participants and visitors, and the results of the first Spanish Highlife Cup after the fair is over. According to the Spanish entrepreneurs it will be busiest on Sunday, when everybody, except barworkers and such are free, so today it will be even more misty that yesterday.
Buds on display, Vaporisers, Hurricane pipes and chillums ablaze,
Joints being rolled, smoked and passed all over the place, I thought I even saw a security guy smoking a joint. No Police in sight, nor in the surrounding, people were smoking grass outside in the grass, completely Dutch style!
I was wacked for two days, smoked some killer Ice with Bubbleman and Trichome Farmer, and dozens of joints, offered by complete
strangers, to celebrate my release from French prison.
TV-crews all over, it was covered well.
I have some pics, will put some here later.

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Spankin' Elvis said:
Was in Barcelona in the late 70's. <snip>
Haze Grey, and underway... All hazed up, under the influence of the wonder hashish of the Mediterranean...

::Sigh:: What fond memories, eh Elvis?

G

Nothin' like burning a bowl or two and then going up to the signal bridge and watching the sun set...........Med Cruise '79..........you had to be there to appreciate it, eh BuzzBob?

What a trip.

G

The High Life Fair Looks fun as hell.Hello Cannabinol,is there ever gonna be another CannaQuiz.?Just wondering,the Suitcase the winner got when he arrived was a very nice welcome gift.I heard there was some problems or something with the contest,not sure how true that is. And is there plans for a Willie's in Spain,Thanx.

Last edited:
Hi Dances with Weed

Hi Dances with Weed

I will come up with some kind of quiz, this time with some other prices to win.
There was nothing wrong with the suitcase Ronley won, or it must have been that it was not easy smoking the content in a week. Ronley won fair and square, no idea what could have been wrong with the contest...
I have plans in Spain, I will explain the what and how in due time, I am still behind with a lot of things.

Click for Larger Image

Hugo, Highlife's man in Spain, spreading out the samples of the cup for us to taste, after the Judging and a warding had been done, after the Judge's dinner.

G

I didnt mean there was anything wrong with the prize.I thought i heard there was some kind of trouble with the contest, I messed up the contest that i heard there was problems with was the HT Cannibus Castaways.There was a problem with some of the contestants being harrassed or something when they got home for being on the cover of HT and they didnt want to do the contest again.Sorry about the misunderstanding. . Ronley won a first rate prize and was really lucky to get to sample some of the finest ganja in the world with the greatest Guide to lead him.He answered some really tuff questions to win,he is very knowligable when it comes to marijuana.Cant wait to hear what the new contest might be.

Last edited:

ChunkyRed

Ive been to barcelona two times the last years around january each time. I had a pretty hard time scoring any weed, but hash is SO easy to score. People come up and ask you ALL the time. Just walk up or down La Rambla(the main street) and your set!
After dark is probably the best time, but be a bit carefull, they often try to huzzle you giving you way less then you payd for, but be a bit strict and they always give you some more. And dont be suprised if they tell u to wait for a few minuts and walk away, that happends alot but supriseingly most of the time they come back with the stuff. Have a great time, its a fantastic city.

Be sure to look up a bar called Manolo, its pretty hard to find if its your first time. Its placed on a side street in the middle of La Rambla, if you ask any skateboarders they will know for sure! Manolo is a very "liberal" bar were everybody smokes the good stuff and are having a blast:)

chizzleonetime

been barcalona 3 times in the past few yrs and always find that 99 percent of the shit u get sold is low low quality hash, i mean at times i wish i had soap cos at least u feel something off it !! but saying that i did get some mid grade outdoor weed there once and some pretty nice sticky hash with an aniseed smell to it, once off some morrocans who were in town for a fair and it was nice but nothing special, all the locals called it primo when i showed them and asked how the fk i got it lol
i had 2 hustle it down to 25 euros a quarter the guy's wanted 70 euro at first but am a gd mofo hustler

Latest posts

Latest posts