What's new

Bangi Haze Smoke Report Thread

Ravel

I combed through the Bangi Haze Sticky and compiled all of the smoke reports, large, small, good, bad. Hopefully this saves time for those who don't have as much free time as I clearly do. You're all more than welcome to add your own reports to this list, or for that matter anything Bangi Haze related. Enjoy!

Pages 1-10

dubi:

powerful energetic congolese high

bonecarver_OG:

Bangi Haze is now in my top 5 favorite highs. There's a nice warmth that washes over you just before the strong euphoric 'up-ness' kicks in. It's an awesome feeling.

The smell of the dried buds is complex, to say the least. It's a church incense, onion garlic, haze aroma having a very wicked stinging sensation to the nasals. This softens and smooths out losing some of the garlic onion portion of the aroma. The stining wickedness is still very much present when the buds are chopped up. The flavor is very much the same as the smell. It's a very exotic and unique experience.

dubi:

Bangi Haze was bred for early flowering, mold resistance, cold resistance, electric effect and high resin production in a wet cold climate. She produces one of our finest sativas products when grown under wet cold conditions showing all her qualities.

It's a 'can not sit' very motivating kind of high, real nice to start the day and do things. I hope it helps. dubi

1000ARMSofKALI:

it has incredible energetic clearheady up highh for such fast strain, also high lasts good 2 or 3 hours, the best smoke for me was the most sativa pheno, tall and lanky pheno, grows huge and has small but compact sugary buds. really something different from dutch skunks

Ravel

Pages 11-20

1000ARMSofKALI:

you will enjoy smokin bangi too, especially that sativa expression, very clear head high no body to it

[Croissant: would bangihaze be described has having an anti-anxiety effect?]

hey Croissant i think its very subjective depends on set and settings, but for me it has such peaceful element in high, some phenotype can be little racy inthe beginning of high but nothing scary for me, its just slight

dubi:

Hello Croissant,

Bangi Haze is not an anti anxiety sativa, probably one of our most racy/speedy effects, phisical and menthaly stimulant.

vod:

Bangi Haze is definitively my favorite smoke of 2009.
I don't care much about the smell, as I love the fruity and sweet, but the high is spot on. Active, social, intellectually stimulating.
And powerful. The plant I hang under a tree for 7 days gotta be the most powerful of the whole lot.

De La Luz:

I really like the high, it's clear and a bit soaring but I notice a real nice warmth to the buzz as well... not quite an indica type warmth but a nice warmth none the less. A real bell ringer in my estimation !!

mayan:

A brief report from the front: Like a vintner sampling his grapes, I wanted to get a sense as to where the Bangi Haze was at, in terms of high, so I sampled the smallest, lower bud from a lower branch that I could find. Let it dry for four days. I am absolutely wonked. About two hours ago, I felt like I was a confederation of individual neon particles of existence that banded together to face the rest of the universe. Visually trippy. Several hours later - I feel like I'm almost as high as when I first smoked it. I'm tired but I can tell this is a major up. This is a gem.

Remarkable strain, dubi. Really remarkable. And i'm not a cheap date. This is powerful and pervasive stone and VERY long lasting. Loads of body...but not couchlock. Just ripples of delight coursing through every cell in my body. No paranoia at all.

I let it go about 70 days or so. Wow...what a kick - this pheno, at least, is very powerful. Two hits and my consciousness goes to a whole 'nuther level. Great plant!!!!

I'm just getting to know the strain. Off the bat - I'm very impressed (and I'm not a cheap date). I would say it provides a lot of latitude and longitude, if you know what I mean. Gets me soaring at first -I don't know about racy but it's a sativa-high- but then it also stretches out into a very mellow, expanded state. So it's both - a complex well-defined sativa AND indica...not a mishmash but two discernable states of consciousness. I don't know any other strains that have affected me quite this way. Certainly knocks me for a loop and I'm an everyday worshiper of the sacrament.

It's way different from the Nepalese Jam I grew out recently. That was like walking on hot sugar white beaches with your lover after a night of sweet fun. Wonderful as well...The BH doesn't have that "frisbee on the beach" thang, however. It's more powerful and stoney. Not better, necessarily - nor worse, necessarily...just different.

charlie garcia:

BH is strong in several ways, some may produce some anxiety maybe as well and as said by Mayan, is more complex high and maybe sometimes more "uncontrolled". Some other hybrids may be I guess more friendly and suited to what you look for like Orient Express or even some Thai F1's.
Jamaican brings such feeling in NepalJam Mayan. Nepal also seems to contain kinda social effect although some plants in this hybrid can really kick you hard.

vod:

I've had racing heart from the Bangi a few times, but certainly not all of the time. Usually right after smoking. After the first rush it goes away.
Much more often I get racing thoughts. The wrong weed to smoke if you want to go to bed and sleep.
Paranoia? Yesterday I teased it - midnight walk - and it came up a little. Thoughts chasing one another, dark alleys, industrial sites and thundering trains... I guess I'd see things and hear noises even without smoking.
I've played poker with my friends while smoking the Bangi many times and it was always good, many times mad luck with the cards :D It pushes my thoughts into somewhat magical/esoteric lines. Very sensitive to mood -> people around and music. But no knockout, I always have the motivation and energy to make the change that I desire in a given situation.
I can't recall any "out of control" episode with my Bangi. Not the craziest shit I've smoked for sure. Nor the clearest, but clear enough.

charlie garcia:

many thx for chiming in and share your experiences. Compared to other offers in our catalogues maybe is one of the strongest effects lets say. Also we have to consider not everybody has same tolerance than others. In that sense is more serious smoke sometimes. But referred to some pure sativas, I must agree indeed they can make feel like that sometimes and most potent sativas used to include those effects unthing. Some may like it better than others but they need to have another effects included as well, time distorsions and what real trip or euphoria feeling means. Not ONLY racy. I disagree with that.. if just and only racy weed. Some old lines I know which have lost their best qualities with the time may give you only such side of the effect, in this case due a lose of quality. I will never breed for a paranoia trait on purpose

dubi:

Bangi haze is a great sativa bred, she has a strong accelerated and energetic effect, today is hard to find that kind of effect and potency in such fast flowering sativa plants!

highsteppa:

I found some early samples to be a little racy and confusing, so I let the plant go to 25% clear 75% cloudy and she smoothed out to a very clear active sat buzz without raciness or paranoia. The buzz is unlike anything I've tried. Very clear and aware, seems like you notice every leaf the wind is rustling and sounds become very detailed. Powerful high without any bog down...upbeat and smooth sailing type energetic effect. Hope ya can see the pic :ying:

konopenko:

Racy effect indeed we are doing 30 pushups for every joint :biggrin: . Must say nepaleseJ taste is better, but bangi effect is cleaner and more pleasant, you will love this sativa hybrid.

unthing:

Better comment after proper cure, but I spent nice evening yesterday with bangi haze samples. Cerebral, but some body to it too, I didn't find it that racy, more mellow trippy and long lasting, I noticed some heart beating at first but felt totally calm. I could sit on my ass if I wanted to but felt quite energitic when I got up and went to crogery store which was bit trippy experience :D

I think there's some similarities to orient express, but bangi is-for a lack of better word-deeper experience than oe. Great strain.

love?:

When smoking the onset of effects is instant. You feel high while the joint is still burning. Definitely no creeper weed. Perhaps it has a lot of THCV due to its African (and Nepalese) heritage? Does anyone know if Bangi Haze has been tested for a cannabinoid profile? Would be really interesting to see the results.

The effects can be very happy and social, even at high doses. It won't make you dumb or sleepy but you might end up lost in your thoughts for a while. Or maybe forgetting what you were supposed to do. :)

But I must say it's not the weed for everyone and all situations. The other night I was watching a documentary on TV about stuff scientists had done to natives in the Amazon in the past after vaping a bunch of Bangi Haze and I was really overwhelmed with anxiety while seeing all the horrors they had done, though I'm usually someone that's quite hard to shock. So this weed is something that needs to be treated with respect, though mainly my experience has been very pleasurable. I guess it amplifies whatever emotions you're already feeling, though I suppose that has been said of all cannabis.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor:

Grinding the bud produces a nice lemony/citrus spicy funk. #3 was also a bit mentholated. Flavors are similar. Light in the vape bag. I had tried both the more stringy sativa leaning #2 (left above) and the chunkier #3 (right). Both have a similar taste and effect with #2 winning my nod for being even more electric and slightly more flavorful. I have to say that this is truly a unique high for me. Strong in the head with some tachycardic activity and electric body tingle.

Several hits from the vape bag and you begin to feel her effects. Very strong cerebral activity. Medium duration, but the medicine has you craving more.

Be wary mixed with alcohol. The brain sharpening Bangi Haze mixed with brain reducing alcohol produces a very pronounced synergistic/antagonistic response.

I feel this is great day time herb. Also good where energy and focus are required.

GrowDude:

I came home from work today very tired, grabbed a bowl and woooah do i ever need sleep again?

Highly energetic and all the time managable because its so easy to focus the energy on something what also brings me into really creative thoughts. Compared to other strains this one didnt make me a retard or gave me trippy feelings. Just energy, creativity and a sense of low gravity. Clear headed and enjoyable thats how i like it.

vod:

Bangi's all I smoke lately. Well my Bangi backcross it is... Whatever. I go running after smoking. Work my garden. Read. Go and meet friends. No retard. Always an energy boost after a long day.
Go work all day, get home, take care of the children, finally at 10 it's all done, now smoke a spliff and head off to the shrubs and woods to run and dig till 2am. Then get up at 7 in the morning and repeat :smoke:

FrameOMind:

I just chopped 8 Bangi babes that went 11 weeks. The yield was really nice and the high is stupendous! Really reminds me of what we used to get in the late '70's. My friends are going ape
Fantastic work, Ace!

Ravel

Pages 21-30

Pooneil:

the potency is imho very strong!
i'm guessing, that she needs at least 120 days.
the ones i grew had 90-100 days, and were still very strong!
you can compare here to some good hazes.
like amnesia haze or super silver haze.
but the high is more activating and cleaner!

the flavor reminds me of some good sativa!
fresh lemon aroma and a bit hashy.
if you give her a long good cure, then she reminds me of flowers i can't define :D
but the lemon is still there too!

mayan:

I recently opened up a jar of Bangi Haze that had been stored for over a year. It was knock-down, flat-out, wonderfully potent. Love it!! I endorse UrHumblNr8tor's account. Became a fav of some friends of mine as well. Can't wait to grow out more. Very easy to grow - at least I thought so. I think you'll be thrilled.

Fluffy Clouds:

nice bangi.. frosty :D smoking now the most lemony one... gooood rushy head.. and i feel very positive..

Terroir:

i cut my smallest bangi female a few days ago and dried semi quick. She was definitely early but i was going camping and i needed some smoke.

Wow. nice flavor, exotic smells, killer effect.

ThaiBliss:

I tried the Bangi Haze today for the first time. I thought I would take a few draws, jump in the shower and install some insulation in the shop I am building. It is a beautiful spring day with lots of sunshine but still cool enough to be very peasant, so I went out on the deck and imbibed.

The first thing I noticed was a maple tree buzzing from the honey bees visiting the profusion of open flowers in it. The sound just opened up like someone turning up the stereo when a good song comes on. A buzz to accompany the buzz. For some reason, this made me think of feeding the fish I have in my two 55 gallon tanks. Next thing I knew, I was switching out 15 gallons of water to keep the little dudes in healthy water. Only then did I hit the shower and head to the shop feeling irie, while putting in a couple hours of my time.

I had a very enjoyable experience and felt like I was able to get some stuff done, adding even more to the positive feel good nature of it. This is the type of active weed that if you are planning to go somewhere, you should already have your boots on and your horse saddled before partaking, because you certainly won’t be wearing out your couch on this. I don't know if this helped with the pain in these old bones of mine, but it certainly helped me forget about it and get on with getting 'er done.

Now, I’m off to the building supply store to get a few more bundles of insulation. A little bit every week as I can afford it, and it will eventually get done.

:dance013:

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

P.S - Long Lasting Effect!

Ravel

Pages 31-40

ThaiBliss:

There was one effect of the Bangi Haze that I did not mention in my original report. It seem to affect my balance just slightly. Once, my shoulder bumped a doorway as I was walking through. It's not like I felt drunk at all, it just made me lean a little too far forward when I was walking. It made me think of the way that John Wayne walked. I laugh to myself when I think of it.
:biggrin:

I really liked that weed. I have a few other tests to do, I then I want to get back to the Bangi with a longer cure, and sample the buds that I took a week earlier than the one I tested. Maybe they will be a bit racy like others have reported.

I'm looking forward to testing some other Bangi Haze seeds. I have hopes of a Congo phenotype popping out. Since I like the Bangi Haze so much, it may be wise to check into the Congolese line.
:dance013:
Cheers,

ThaiBliss

The Bangi sampled early at week 6 from 12/12 just about took my head off! I had two small tokes and felt a huge rush of energy course through me and I was off to the races. Extremely energetic, I would not even want to think about sitting down at that point.

A later sample at week 7 taken *after* a day of toking (some kush) and drinking in the evening when I was really tired and could have easily gone to bed didn't result in the same full body rush but it turned me instantly into a house cleaning superstar. I cleaned the hell out of a room that really needed it and though I didn't *feel* like I was overly stimulated from what I ended up doing I must have been, but I think the day of partying earlier had tired out my brain where it just couldn't be stimulated that much.

The Bangi is definitely what you want if you want to go straight to the most energetic Ace plant in my opinion (having tried only the NepJam, Congo, Panama, BangiHaze, OrientExpress). The Congo is interesting and fun but completely different in my experience from the Bangi.

Bangi gets you high, euphoric, amused and full of energy. In my tasting notes of my first quick (microwave steam technique) dried sample for it I wrote down "burnt rubber, brine, licorice, stinging nettle, definitely rhubarb with salt on it". The burnt rubber is almost certainly a result of the quick dry, I expect that to not be in the fully cured buds, maybe the brine is also related to it not being flushed at the time.

It also has quite a creeping effect like the Congo and Panama in that you don't feel the full effects for at least 6 or 7 minutes after you toke so it's easy to go overboard. I will warn anyone who tokes it about that as most people I know have never in their life smoked a really sativa dominant plant and this stuff is so intense I don't want to be accused of having "laced" adulterated buds by anyone.

ThaiBliss:

When I smoke the Bangi, my thoughts are positive, I like people, and I get stuff done. It almost makes a person like me into a decent bloke. At the end of the day, I feel like it was a satisfying day.
:biggrin:

Lean Green:

I've wanted to try it for years and I'm not disappointed. Strong smelling herb that smells of anise and flowers as others have said. No paranoia in the high, just smooth energy and motivation.

ThaiBliss:

I am confident that you will find this strain to be a breath of fresh air with regards to the overrated couch lock that dominates the market. It won't knock you on your ass, but that is precisely the point. I hope to find one that knocks me into orbit, and the profile is there in this strain.

Highly recommended.

I'm not sure I'd describe the high as especially euphoric, but the combination of euphoric, energetic, and long lasting without a trace of couch-lock or let down just tends to make for a great day. Part of it is feeling good, active, and getting things done that give me a sense of satisfaction on a day well spent.

You know... I have never smoked this in the evening. This is my wake and bake that I use when I have plans that I don't want thwarted, and I wonder if I would judge it differently in an end of day setting.

I wanted to say one thing about the high the I forgot to include. The best way that I would describe the high is... having a positive vibe. Yes, it was euphoric, energetic, and perception enhancing, but the most prominent feeling was a feeling of positive attitude towards life and people. I swear this weed makes me a better person. Irie.

Undomesticated:

The smoke ended up being somewhat milder than expected, and while there was no couchlock, it is not especially positive or motivating, either. Could be an individual reaction thing, I suppose.

ThaiBliss:

The one that I grew indoors was not harvested especially early. Some of the top buds still had a spattering of white pistils, but almost all had died on the lower buds. It was energetic without being racy, and still had the euphoria that made me feel really good. Anti depressant weed for me. It also affected my balance and, interestingly, made my hearing more sensitive. I call it ear weed.

Undomesticated:

Pulled it down at about 54 days or so, just after the flowers seemed to finish filling out. A wet test seemed to turn up positive results. It's similar to my previous description with a less racy and anxious come-on. Very up, cerebral, and euphoric effect that doesn't disrupt your ability to function. If one is in a good state of mind, in a positive atmosphere, and/or doing something that is engaging, then it's very easy to avoid anxiety.

I would say the potency is pretty solid, but it's not overpowering, even for someone with a low tolerance. It's not about knocking you down; it's about keeping you going. One of the nicest things is that there is no "burn-out" at the end. Even after the primary effects wear off, a sort of positive afterglow seems to remain. "Anti-depressant cannabis".

It's not dried enough to know precise amounts, but the yield seems medium/average. Delicious, complex, and pungent smells abound: sweet, anise/candy, earth, machine oil, some subtle but sharp citrus/pine notes. Not completely dried, as I said, but the taste has an earthy carrot component that is really nice.

This is the only phenotype I have experienced, but it seems to be a great strain that does what it proclaims to do. Definitely would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice "sativa" effect in a plant that can be grown in a very short period.

Ravel

Pages 41-50

MostlyMe:

I posted this smoke report on a sample early into the cure in the trip weed thread, might as well copy/paste it here as well. I smoked it as a joint, with tobacco:

Most obvious thing to note is the potency. Despite the fact that I used a conservative amount I got higher than I've been in quite a while, and a joint usually can't compete with bong hits. The high is very clear and clean, but also very cold - almost clinical. It doesn't have that warm fuzzy blanket type feeling. I am not ashamed to admit I was quite uncomfortable for a while by the combination of potency and effect.

ThaiBliss:

I sampled the first bud from one of my 3 Bangi Haze plants grown this summer. It was a bud from what I considered the most beautiful, toughest, and earliest plant. These were also the most pungent buds, by far, as well as the least leafy. I really wanted this to be a winner, so I prejudiced it by my own high expectations.

As I describe the smoke, I am going to do it by comparing it to what I remember from the first indoor Bangi Haze I grew, as well as some other smoke that I have been testing lately. The clarity of the high is the most notable. No negatives qualities from the high that I would count against it. It may be not quite as clear as the indoor Bangi Haze plant was. I was a bit disappointed that it did not turn out stronger considering the new one grew in the bright full sunlight. It is also a bit less energetic and a bit less euphoric. It makes me wish I had saved a cutting from the first one, but I have two more to test, and are already harvested.

Claude Hopper:

I just sampled some of my Bangi Haze from this last spring. It was a small stash kept in glass. I hadn't tried any for a while and was surprised just how good this weed is.

ValleyKush:

Smoked some of a 6 week sample of my bangi and wow! The high was only strong for about 45 min but I asume thats because it was immature. The high was pretty clear, engaging, slightly trippy and had an intensity to it that was unexpcted. The smell before cut was very lemon candyish and after is more like lemon thyme; the flavor was smooth but fairly herbal without much lemon but I assume thats the quick 3 day dry and no cure. Overall I am super satisfied and cant wait to try my 8 week samples! (Which are almost dry) I will be running both of the phenos outdoors along with a whole pack of the new bangis, should be cool to see the differences.

On another note I tried my 8 week cut of Bangi and the high easily lasted twice as long as the 7 week cut! Definitely makes me want to get up and move, if I sit still I can feel some paranoia/ edginess start to creep in. Also I feel she kind of gives me tunnel vision on whatever I'm doing at the moment. Not the best for multi-tasking.

Pheno 1 is more sativa looking in veg of the 2 but stouter, chunkyer buds with more lemon tart/ herbal smell. While pheno 2 had a tighter plant structure that didnt want to scrog and all of its branches wanted to grow tall and to the middle. She had spear shaped buds, small calyx and alot of hairs with a more lemon candy/ hint of annise smell. They have been in jars for 1 month.
Pheno 1 has a tea/ spice store smell with a hint of lemon and a similar taste that is slightly grassy sweet and very smooth. The high comes on strong the second you blow your hit out and is strong, open eyed, semi-unfocused/ semi-clear, kindof trippy, with a very noticeable buzz similar to caffine and a nice body high. It isnt paricualry motivational but not lazy either. The high begins to mellow out after 30 or so minutes and the buzz becomes more of a head rush feelng and the "up" begins to mellow out. Overall high lasts for an hour and a half or so with a more dreamy, "empty" second half. I am supprised to say it has melowed out quite a bit with a cure, not to say its less strong but just less edgy, which I enjoy more for day time.

Pheno 2 has a lemon zest with a hint of sweet smell and a similar taste to pheno 1 but much more lemon. The high on this one is a bit stronger, more disorienting, scatter brained, and trippy but overall pretty similar. Has a harder comedown that makes it more suitable for the late afternoon.

Claude Hopper:

Yes, after a few too many coughs in my life I really appreciate the smoothness of Bangi. And that smoothness is in spite of the heavy resin-rich smoke.

I don't think I can pick up much differences in the smell of the ones I've harvested. Just before they were cut the Bangi were really testing the limits of my carbon filter. the first samples are similar to past Bangis I had stashed, like a bit of lemon sweetened with Ricola Herbal cough drops.

This new batch of Bangi was grown better, longer and under a much better light. I'm finding it powerful to the point of confusion but not stoned and ready for bed. Really good weed. I may take a ride on my bicycle later - always my favorite quality check :)-)

ValleyKush:

My 2 phenos of bangi have been curing since april and I must say, this strain produces more anxiety then any other strain I have. It's not even really paranoia, it's that tight stomach/ chest feeling with a buzz that makes you feel like you need to do something but have no idea what to do- which seems to equate to anxiety for me. It leaves most of my friends babbling on about nothing, cracking jokes that arent all that funny and bursting out laughing. Quite an odd high to say the least. It seems like I took it a week early as my buddy who is running clones is taking it the same 9 weeks I took the seedlings and is getting a much more even stoney- awake high that fits most better then mine.

early_bird:

@ValleyKush
How many day has you flowered your Bangi Haze ?
I pulled mine at Day 61, was very motivation an up. Your right, you need to do something, but there was no racyness or anxiety in it.
Have an other one at Day 30 now, aiming again for the 60 days.

MAHA KALA:

i bought two packs one at 2006 and one at 2011.. i still cant forget pheno i grew at 2007 season. it was very good branching not columnar like other phenos, anise to the bone and effect was racy and electric hearbeating.. it was slower flowering and smaller buds but plenty of them.. it had also very thin leafs and it was pure sativa im sure it grew like octopuses:biggrin:

ThaiBliss:

^^^ As you can see, it was a fantastic producer.

I was really glad to have those seeds, because the quality of the high from this plant was superb. I'd be lying if I said it was strong. But I would have an excellent day if I was smoking this stuff. I made hash from most of this bud, and it was some of the best hash I had ever made. I call the weed or hash from this plant anti-depressant weed. Irie for sure!!!!

^^^ The bud from this plant was by far the strongest weed I grew that summer. It did not have the euphoria and energy like the one I grew indoors. It was a bit of a stunner, making me feel dazed, groggy, and out of sorts. It was impressive none the less.

I did have another plant that showed the same quality as the first indoor plant and I crossed it to Nepal Jam to get some seed stock. I made a lot of seeds. If I can find one with the supreme quality of the high, and the kick of the most potent one, it would really be some of the best weed around. I plan to do a lot of breeding with the seeds I made.

MostlyMe:

I am scraping the bottom of my Bangi jars right now. I miss it already. Beautiful aroma, such crystal clear high with only ten weeks flowering. Truly exceptional if you ask me.

Holeshot:

These buds have dried to perfection. Dense and resinous with a slight citrus and mint smell, when held up close.When it is broken up,it fills the room with awesome citrus , mixed with mint and lavender . The best part is in the taste.One of the best I've had for a while.!! And I've been smoking, Super Lemon Haze and lemon Thai Kush . Both of which are very tasty.Bangi has a milder taste , though sweeter in a way.!!!The smoke is very good , Also some of the best I've smoked in a while . And I've been smoking the best of Ace gear for a while now. This is up with the best. Bit more natcotic at times , though very uplifting also. Depends what your doing. Highly recommended.!!!!!

Dr.King:

The 4 Bangi haze reg I ran where exactly as you stated more natcotic with back ground uplifting effects. Out of every Ace strain I've ran it is at the bottom of my list. Hoping that growing a fem outside next season will change my opinion as I could have gotten a bad pheno of Bangi. Fem is suppose to be a lot more stable and more like the classic clone.

early_bird:

@Dr.King There maybe different phenos. One plant i had was pure fire, super-uplifting, no body stone, some of the best i smoked so far. It was grown from reg seeds while ago.
When i harvested a fem Bangi some month back it wasn't the same. Bit narcotic with also some uplifting effects as you describe. Good stuff for sure, but not i was looking for.

Der Raketmensch:

The harvest is currently curing, and yesterday I sampled some buds I clipped and quick dried in a paper bag over 5 days. With out a doubt, this is my favorite strain I've had yet. Immediately uplifting, I was up on my feet and bustling about the house. Really great vibes, happy and energetic. Very happy with my first run with Ace genetics; props to all those involved with the development of this exceptional plant.

Ravel

Pages 51-60

Der Raketmensch:

Got some nice comments from friends regarding the Bangi, such a pleasant high.

Fun story:
I've found that the Bangi is really great to smoke when outdoors; it has an effect of aestheticizing the world around me in fun ways. I was at a park near a harbor a few weeks back and I felt like I was in a Bruegel painting, watching all the little dramas of the citizenry. Funny stuff!

highsteppa:

I found some phenos gave a very hightened awareness to everything around. Wonderful stuff. I found the Congo
phenos to be superior for the flowering speed, flower
density, and the strong odors. Longer flowering Neps had a kinder effect.

Applesauce:

I've run through many Bangi seeds and I ended up keeping this single plant. It is an apple smell as best I can describe. It reminds me of Mandala #1 or Satori. I can't remember which. The high is strong. Clear and focused but with a good amount of body compared to other Bangi I went through. Not geek out but instead introspective, serious, and composed. The nodes stayed super tight and the plant overly squat during flowering. Not trip weed but considering I let go almost every seed I pop regardless, keeping this says something good. The other Bangi Haze examples looked drastically different while remaining similar to each other.

vcasqui:

Smells super good, like lemon skin or something, with undertones that I'm not sure how to describe, maybe classic and something like... gasoline?. More oily than sticky at the touch, not too dense but not too fluffy either. Maybe a little bit too wet in the inside for my taste, in the outside is perfect. Tastes pretty good too, but I will not comment because I like to add a little pinch of tobacco to my joints. The high is pretty much what I was looking for: clear with no body stone, puts you in a good mood and its good during all day and with friends. Nice for dance around or hit the punching bag too. Maaaaybe not perfect for computer games, but It doesn't get much in yor way. Sometimes I can feel her "above my eyes" (I think you know what I mean). It lasts for a good amount (the high I mean).

THCMAN:

Just one thing to mention: finished my third round with BH...I like to have different choices, so I allways grow five different strains. From 30 different varaties I´ve had so far ( all well known stuff like Super Lemon Haze, Vanilla Kush, White Widdow, Ak-47 Nebula, Wappa ec.). literally EVERYONES favourite is..guess what? BANGI HAZE...Even if they are a little picky ( thin stems, more need of Nitrogen than I´ve expected for a haze ) its our wholy grale and all time daily medicine - beside Zamaldelica and the marvelous Malawie/PCK ( if I want to go further more up in the sky to see Lucy`s diamonds).... THANX A LOT ACE DUBIBROTHERS

baduy:

Grew four bangi this year. After a few preliminary smoke tests I can say I'm overall happy with this grow. One was of the "sad" looking dropping leaves congo leaning pheno, super clean smoke, fluffy buds everywhere on the plant, low yeld and quite low potency, morning smoke. two were the lemony productive clean and potent phenos. All three were culled the 18 of October. Another one was ready 1st of October and has a somehow heavier high than her three sisters and looks and smells a bit more like a sweet skunk she's the hardest hitting one as well as the one with the quickest tolerance buildup and a nice yelder too. All have been polinated by two Queen Mother studs.
If you don't get the skunky or Congo pheno Bangi Haze still lives up to her name and delivers a good sativa buzz in ten weeks, potent and cleaner than many advertised 14 weeks sativas

SierraPadre:

The consensus among a small circle of friends is that Bangi Haze is more euphoric than Mextiza..and that is saying something.

baduy:

Hi Dubi
Yes I'm looking forward to growing the offspring, I'm very (too) optimistic about this cross but time will tell.
The buds have matured in the jars now, smells have dramatically changed for some of the plants, the potency of the most Congo leaning one is now nearly ,on par with her sisters but still super clean btw I was wrong in my previous post, it was 5 female bangi,found some notes later.
With a better cure I think I get a better understanding of what to expect from the line
CMIIW Plants go from quite leafy and branchy, lemony smell and 8 weeks flowering (Nepal) to more columnar and lanky, licorice/onion smell and 10/11 weeks flowering (Congo)
My favorite is a licorice one with a more vigorous growth and better yelding than the most Congo leaning one, the high is nearly as clear and motivating just more potent, very potent actually. This one is my favorite for going in the bush, feeling alert, great awarness of the surrounding woods, a true guerillero weed
This licorice smell is not the super refined anise of the best Durban poisons but is of the same kind just more rough, not as intoxicating but I like it more and more
Oddly enough most of my friends enjoy more the lemon smelling Nepali phenos as they have a less "electrical" effect which make them feel more comfortable, to each is own.
You did a great job with this one Dubi

dubi:

The lemony pheno is usually the most electric one and the one with highest THC content (like our Bangi Haze mother E25), while the musky, floral, aniseed pheno usually have a more balanced effect and a more complex terpene profile although a more moderate THC production.

I also recommend to cure properly Bangi Haze for at least 3 months to fully experience its best qualities.

Sticky Sat:

I only sampled the unripe fat pheno and have no doubt this strain is an asset for any sativa lover's breeding project. Very clear and uplifting, with a smooth landing that makes you want to take off right away again... Too bad i can't smoke anymore.... I love the intensity and lenght of the cookies high but i miss the taste... :)

Sticky Sat:

This morning i took a good bong bowl to sample the slim pheno and, like for the fat one, it was a very pleasant experience... ;)

Despite the differences between the 2 phenos, the type of high is very similar: uplifting/energizing with some euphoria and a glowing love feeling.

The taste isn't as pronounced as the fat pheno's. It could be because this trait expresses itself towards the full ripeness for the slim one.
The high lasted about 2 hours and the landing was a bit heavier but don't forget these poor girls took 3 weeks of very bad weather prior to being cut just before week 6 of flo, and that the drying has been sped up to avoid mold spreading.

Ravel

Pages 61-70

Applesauce:

The high is fantastic, which helps. It yields well and I love the structure of it. A "grower's plant" is an apt description. It also does well outside (42 northeast USA). I've given multiple cuts out to people after smoking them up, as they ask "what is this". Also, I am picky in keeping the right plants, and I've had this for years now.. that's my stamp of approval.

PandyFackler:

I grew one Bangi haze a few years ago and it was one of the least impressive looking plants from Ace I’ve ever grown. Self seeded and weirdly stunted. A very picky plant, but I did have some soil issues at the time too so I think it was at least partly my fault.

Clearly a very poor example of what BH can do, but - wow what a euphoric high! Pure bliss and energy and a really spicy aniseed smell. I’d love to try her again to see what she can really do.

baconman1945:

Yes, the effect was very clear, not sedative at all. Anxiolotic properties, for certain. Mood elevating. Warm, not cold. I had the pleasure of enjoying an eighth of a Vietnamese sativa cross a while back, and I didn't understand what a 'cold' sativa high was until then. This is different.

For me, it's the best flower that I've enjoyed for morning times. Its anxiolotic properties last most of the morning for me, a handful of hours at least. No comedown, just a slow tapering-off of the effect. Perfect for interacting with staff and knocking stuff out at work. Not caffeine/rocket fuel like some types of Durban, more calm but clear and focused. I do have to be wary of small talk with staff at work, or I can become more animated in conversation :biggrin:

I consume a lot of cannabis so it effects me somewhat differently than some others that consume it infrequently or microdose it. A friend commented that she had some when she was thinking about cooking dinner and then watching a movie. Instead, she cleaned her whole apartment :laughing: My wife struggles with anxiety when she consumes most sativas, and she really enjoys Bangi Haze. She only ever microdoses cannabis, but if I'm vaping BH, she'll have two or three hits on my vaporizer.

Ravel

Pages 71-80

I wood:

Im not the best person to judge social interaction aspects as i am very much an introvert, but it doesn't make me hide out like some varieties can.
I much prefer zamal x bangi haze over the straight bangi and zamaldelica both.
Zamaldelica was stronger, more trippy and better for laying down and just going with it. Easy to over indulge and often ending with a nap.
Bangi haze was pretty close in effects but slightly less clearheaded and thinky.
These results are very limited as i only grew a single seed of each.
I would love to grow the pure zamal, i expect it would be worth the long flowering time.

grubba:

so i tried small bud and smoked one joint yesterday and today and i have to say i smoke more than 25 years but didnt smoke weed like this for a long time.yesterday i smoked 2 hours after joint of og skunk and today after dinner and it woke me up.I went with my dog and did some housework with smile on my face.Great strain,Thanks ACE

Grover Sativa:

So, Bangi Haze is cured and well 'tested' now...

The general vibe is a very clear and energetic african style buzz that is great for 'wake and bake' with a comfortable, clear hug from the Nepal side.
The high is not so complicated but it works really well. The Chakras that are hit stay hit!
If it was more psychedelic, like the thai, or stoney then it would not work so well at what it does.

I can smoke it all day and get on with my life but I am happy all the time yet if I take time out to enjoy a spliff alone it feels as indulgent as it should.

There are differences between the different plants - some are a bit lemony and others more anise and some are a bit more on the side of the nepalese and have a more calming back end, whilst others are buzzy to the finish.. some are fatter and others have more stick. I liked them all equally! Great smoke.

The strength rises significantly on curing, euphoria first, with the more calming side appearing around Christmas.. Then the general strength rising another week or so.

I now understand what these may bring to hybrids and I am looking forwards to exploring the Bangi/Egyptian as soon as I can.

Dubi has mentioned the Bangi/Panama to me and it looks absolutely fucking lovely.... and of course, there is Bangi/Congo. Bangi Haze may be old and inbred now but there is plenty more to come from her hybrids yet...

One warning - watching Narcos whilst smoking this is a fucking sweaty palmed bag-of-nerves experience! You can't invest to heavily in a character on that show as they could easily get shot in the face in the next 10 minutes... I digress.

Azn00superman:

I know Bangi Haze has plenty of smoke reports already but here's my very early experience with Bangi Haze.

I plucked one bud that grew too close to the light. It's on week 5 and full of white pistils. I'd never grown a sativa before so when I read that Bangi Haze had racy effects I could only use imagination. The purpose of this sampling is to feel the effects, I know it's too early to judge the potency.

Literally pulled it off the stem, dried it half an hour in a food dehydrator. Ground it up whiel it's still wet. So more or less a very rough bud.

First thing I noticed was the numbness/heaviness to the face. Then came rapid heartbeat and a sense of anxiety like something is stressing me out. This quickly goes away, replaced by an incredible feeling of mental wellness. The effect is so clear and upbeat, I remembered passing my plants and feeling a deep sense of appreciation for them. Then as I did some chores I turned on music. Goddamn music is A++ when high on Bangi Haze. I think Thai Bliss said in this thread that Bangi Haze enhances auditory perception. Again I cannot judge the full effect on a 5 week, hardly dried bud, but I think he is right. Music is amazing. There was one song that made me feel like diving into the cool ocean and it was indescribable. Pure bliss.

PS: I've mostly smoked indica hybrids so your mileage may vary, but I love this strain already. You cannot get bored of this effect, it's so happy and upbeat and I'm embarrassed to admit that immediately after finishing this sample, I've shamefully pulled another to "test" and my wife isn't even complaining about it.

Thanks dubi and Ace for this amazing work.

Legalcdn:

Smoke report: clean, uplifting, thought provoking. It stirs the mind and is excellent for getting things done.

Smell was oily/musky turning to onions. Now it is turning to floral.

Easiest and most forgiving plant. Great genetics.

After 5 weeks of curing, the bangi is an excellent daytime high. I had feedback from lots of people with same opinion.

not the strongest, but great overall.

LowFalutin:

under 11/13 light sched all four finished in 7wks. i took a sample nug to air-dry from the eventual keeper at 6wks (no amber trichs at all), and a vaping of it 6dys later gave classic sativa effects of tight shoulder-, neck-, and jaw-muscles; along with motivation. i then went to look at the plant, tight-jawed, and a few ambers had begun to make their appearance, only a week after i harvested that sample... fast flowering plants! esp. under 11/13.

samples of the harvested keeper plant at weekly intervals had lost their electricity, clarity and jaw-tightening effects. it wasn’t until around 12wks cure after harvest that her high turned around into something quite green haze-like... that kind of clear, cerebral, trippy euphoria. no muscle-tightening.

her aromas vary, but “general sour”, specific lemon, and most surprisingly, metal shop (sometimes strongly dominating;
and maybe in the high-note ‘hood of the expected anise), are the most defining. the keeper BH in reveg...

FletchF.Fletch:

Plants have been down for a while now. Smoke is so good. Great flavor, and a Fantastic buzz. This is my favorite launch yourself into a productive Day weed. Plants were very productive, uniform, and easy to grow.

Ravel

Pages 81-89

The Quijote:

The effect is quick for two minutes and I'm sweating like it's summer hehe, so I take a short break and then continue. It's a very powerful strain, very energetic and celebratory effect that invites activity and being in a thousand places at the same time, you're sitting while I write and while I have the music on, in addition to thinking about what I am going to have for lunch today? What am I going to do next? that while making a coffee! And besides, I have to go to the bathroom and while also looking at the mobile, and Bangi's cigarette half in the ashtray and me going around the house and doing the smoke report for icmag hahahaha, I loved it indeed powerful and the flavor of the Bangi haze so next year this variety is repeated again greetings to all

In my case, the effect is immediate, powerful, 5 or 6 large puffs and you already notice the heating effect on your forehead, a little sweat and a very mental boom, you notice that everything starts to speed up, a little variety of stimulating energy and at the same time you are powerful, but at At the same time very high and distracted, highly recommended for activities, relationships with friends, private work, motivating and very productive when doing work at home, a highly recommended and very powerful variety, this season I repeat it without a doubt.

user128:

The high is great, but very different from what I was expecting :chin: such things are subjective and my previous run included some very wild sativas, so I wouldn't say it too seriously either... well, here it goes.

I don't find Bangi Haze to be energetic - at all. At first it feels like a subtle, comfortable, relaxing buzz that reminds me of Nepalese hash, but without any sleepiness in it. When developping, it becomes a more head-centered, introspective, overwhelming high which still benefices of the initial setting, but also allows great focus and concentration. However, I won't describe it as "energetic", because it's a lot too much of a comfortable feeling to get you anywhere... if you didn't plan to do so already :bigeye:

TLDR; easy-to-grow and most forgiving plant, with an original terpene profile (onion rings baybeeee) and a comfortable but powerful, head-centered, focus helping kind of high :yummy:

Hi El Quijote

Thanks for sharing :good:

Well, I agree there's a large gap between Bangi Haze and your average modern Kush hybrid :biglaugh: Such strains (and, I believe, a large part of the vintage Dutch breeding pool as well) have a sedative/sleepy effect on most people. This is definitely not the case with Bangi Haze and that, alone, is already a huge quality.

However, I don't think it's enough to call it "energetic". There are strains that you can smoke all day without getting sleepy, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will motivate you to do stuff either (...that you wouldn't do if you didn't smoke, anyway). As I see it, there must be something else - some kind of electricity, excitement, tension, disorientation, even discomfort - that drives you to get things done one way or another.

Somebody on this board brought up the idea of "cold" or "warm" sativas, which I find interesting in that perspective. ACE has plenty of "warm" strains - Congo, Panama/Thai, Malawi - but I find BH a lot more on the relaxing, meditative, introspective side of the spectrum - thus, something of a "cold" one.

Anywaaaay as I stated before, this could also be due to phenotype, curing, biochemistry, tolerance, or simply semantics :D Don't pay too much attention to my ramblings, it's great, strong weed regardless, I couldn't be happier with it.

And since I'm posting - great work lemonade, beautiful plants ! I double down on the tomato :laughing:

Happy growing :canabis:

Zembretti

I grew Bangi Haze outside at 50 degrees north last year in BC. It did't have time to finish properly and this affected it's potency, I'm guessing only about 8%. Having said that I will say it was one of the nicest highs I've ever experienced. Very warm and euphoric, but also clear and clean when vaped in a Volcano. Dubi if you're there I didn't find it paranoia - inducing at all, if fact just the opposite. Perhaps it is the terroir here and that produces different effects! I liked it so much I decided to buy three more fem seeds and this summer I will try to have it mature longer outside. The aroma is like a citrus- mint and the flavour is similar. I know there will be some who are turned off by the low potency, but so what if I need three bags of vapour to reach the high I enjoy, it's well worth it.

Cactus Squatter

Smoking on some Bangi haze from my 22 outdoor grow. I should probably stay out of it and let it cure more, but the small jar of it keeps calling me to it with the smell. 😂 I’m staying out of my big jars.
The smell is amazing. The first smell you get is a fuel and slight onion smell. Not a strong onion but more of how wild onions smell. The backend of the smell is an amazing floral smell. Like roses in the morning but with a thickness and more complexity to it.
The exhale has a very floral taste to it as well.

The effect is interesting and not what I was expecting at all in comparison with the Panama x Bangi I grew the previous year. It’ll be interesting to see how it changes as it cures and hits the 6 month + mark.
Currently it makes me feel slightly soft, very relaxed (but not tired or burned out), definitely an introspective smoke for me.
Every time I get into it I find myself sitting on the couch beside my dog and contemplating my long term life direction, goals, accomplishments and how to be less of a reactive dickhead about some things. 😂

One thing in particular with this pheno is after about 4 hits I feel it a ton in my eyes. Like someone took the warmest, fluffiest, softest cotton balls in the world and just wrapped my eyeballs in it. It super relaxes my eyes, makes my vision feel soft, and makes them so damn red and glassy there is no hiding the fact I’ve been smoking. I look way more obliterated than I feel.

I really like this plant a lot. Stupid easy to grow, zero mold issues, very minimal pest issues (I had bad aphids and leaf hoppers in ‘22) and other than the tips of a few fan leaves they left the Bangi alone. While growing this plant it stunk up my freaking yard with a heavy fuel and weed stink. As soon as I cut it my yard smelled stealthy again.

I’m very interested to see if the straight Bangi follows my previous Panama x bangi and gets super energetic after 6 months.