What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Banana peels

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If you have a compost pile sure but it can still get a bit smelly. Adding them into soil or indoors would not be a good ideea. Worms love them, if you can have a pile with earthworms they will go through them much faster, especially if you chop them up. But still, not indoors..

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
For a while a buddy owned a smoothie shop and I was taking his fruit scraps and making bokashi and feeding it to worms and occasionally burying it near the bottom of the pot. Bananas were a huge part of the mix. The herb I grew at the time was the most flavorful I have ever grown.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Given that we growers tend to find soil mixes that have uncomposted bits in them low quality, I don't know why you would try to obtain that. They will get wet as soon as you put them in there, so as others said will attract critters. Even if no critter problem, you'd get little on terms of nutrition from them during a grow. And they might play with the ph of the media as well. I would avoid. Rotting bannana is also an etylene producer and that's also a plant hormone that controls flowering/ripeness. I would totally not want that in a grow.

St. Phatty

I feed them to animals.

Just cut them up into pieces and mix it into their food.

Very high quality animal feed, full of vitamins.

But start with small quantities, it can be near-psychedelic and also give the animal what may seem like too much energy.

Plookerkingjon

For a while a buddy owned a smoothie shop and I was taking his fruit scraps and making bokashi and feeding it to worms and occasionally burying it near the bottom of the pot. Bananas were a huge part of the mix. The herb I grew at the time was the most flavorful I have ever grown.
Stop listening to naysayers or people that are trying to tell you to stop experimenting because I've seen some of the best growers in the world experiment

Latest posts

Latest posts