BakedBeanz Test Grow FPOG F3, Mountian Temple F2 and In The Pines

Morcheeba*

chris,

ill make sure to take more pics of them flowering that i did during veg. i will not be able to take them out to get the pics but ill try to get good bud shots of them all.

peace

Morcheeba*

good news.......i got 1 male and the rest female. im not sure why but i usually get a majority of females when popping seeds.

bad news.....it would be the male clone that died so ill take several cuts from him since its early in flower.

ITP #9 is the Male and if the clones take ill get to hit my WFA #6. the WFA would have been pollinated this round but a friend needed cuts so she wasnt flowered.

peace

B

blue_tick

morcheeba

sounds like a good choice with the wfa. will you be hitting the female pines as well?

peace

Morcheeba*

flboy,

at this time ITP are the only thing getting pollen and if the male cut survives the wifi will get hit in the next cycle or two.

peace

cheeb,

do you just pollinate select branches? or do open pollination?
maybe you could save a little pollen in case the clone don't make it?

Morcheeba*

cheeb,

do you just pollinate select branches? or do open pollination?
maybe you could save a little pollen in case the clone don't make it?

ive never attempted to dry and store pollen but im willing to give it a go.

i will have the male in a diff. part of my house to let the pollen start dropping. i plan on pollinating select buds on the lower branches a multiple times a few days apart. once i choose which female to keep ill hit her again w/the stored pollen in a later cycle to see if its still viable.

peace

Castroman

ive never attempted to dry and store pollen but im willing to give it a go. I'll hit her again w/the stored pollen in a later cycle to see if its still viable.

Hey MB! Following your progress and intrigued about the upcoming crosses. In my experience pollen's nemesis is humidity, so mixing one part with three parts corn starch works well in both keeping it dry and extend its volume (so that you can pollinate more branches). Kept in the fridge it should be viable for at least 90 days.

Morcheeba*

Hey MB! Following your progress and intrigued about the upcoming crosses. In my experience pollen's nemesis is humidity, so mixing one part with three parts corn starch works well in both keeping it dry and extend its volume (so that you can pollinate more branches). Kept in the fridge it should be viable for at least 90 days.

i was a bit bummed that the Wifi didnt get pollinated but a friend needed cuts so she was put on hold due to her size after cuts were taken but its the only thing i plan on crossing w/ITP.

i probably should hit a lower branch on the other strains flowering at that time b/c you never know what may come out but i doubt i will.

ive read that about corn starch but also read not to add it if storing it, only when you want to use it. i guess it also needs to dry before you store it but not sure how long it takes to dry.

thanks for following along and your input.

peace

B

blue_tick

cheeb

i let mine dry about a week. i put it on a sheet of note book paper with a paper towel under it flipped every couple days. put it in a new piece of paper and wrapped it up put it in a baggie with some rice in the fridge

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Can't believe I missed this one. I also grabbed In The Pines.

Looking great, Morcheeba!

:lurk:

Oh, and yeah, I agree, Sky's voice is in a class all on its own.

Morcheeba*

Shmavis,

thank for joining in, i hope i do them justice.

Sky's voice has always reminded me of background music in 007 Bond movies.

peace

Morcheeba*

cheeb

i let mine dry about a week. i put it on a sheet of note book paper with a paper towel under it flipped every couple days. put it in a new piece of paper and wrapped it up put it in a baggie with some rice in the fridge

thanks

whats the longest you have stored pollen and its still viable?

peace

B

blue_tick

i still have a little cherry bomb male that i am going to hit the malawi i have out. so i took the male pollen around 3 months ago so i will let you know if it is still good. i keep it in the fridge but have heard freezing it could keep for years in jars

peace

Morcheeba*

flboy,

those malawi's you posted pics of look nice. today while in the garden i saw 2 more males so im not going to clone #9.

#2 male is very short, almost a runt.

#6 male is similar to #9 but a bit shorter

peace

Morcheeba*

#2 and #9 male was killed..........#6 is the male i kept

here are a few pics of them in flower. ill get the male out tomorrow and then they will get spread out a bit and ill try and get better pics. they are under a 400w hps and 200 watt led and they stretched a bit more that i would have liked but ill flip them a little shorter next time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

Morcheeba*

FPOG -- my bad luck getting seedling thru the first few wks hit again so ill only have 4 to show.

to fill space im germinating 6 LVRK and 5 BlueDream x DMT. the BD x DMT will get documented in a diff. thread but the LVRK will get shown here.

peace

B

blue_tick

cheeba looking good man. see the male has something for the girls in a big way.

peace

Morcheeba*

well the girls dont like full strength nutes so there are some ugly leaves on them and there is pollen on some leaves that can be seen in the pics.

the smells coming off them is like walking down a produce isle w/the primary smell being sweet w/hints of citrus, its very nice but not yet pineapple.

picture.php

picture.php

peace

B

back_woods

cheeba*

still time for the pineapple nose to show up. how far along are they in bloom?? full strength looks to be a touch to much but nothing drastic.

Morcheeba*

they are 35 days in and ill look to see if they are done at 70 days but they will probably go 80 days.

i knew better than to give them full strength but i got lazy and fed them what im feeding my other plants and im paying every time i look at them.

im sure the pineapple will develop but the smell is getting there.

peace