What's new

Baked Beanz Test Grow Pheno Search (Headbanger, Ancient OG, Wifi, LCxBLR, OJSDKB)

Buddah Watcha

So whats up fellas, little late on this thread, but better late than never!

We doing a major pheno search here, Sea of Green style... My cab is around 3ft x 2ft and 4ft high, running 2x Cree COB running around 35w each for a total of around 70w.

All my Baked Beanz seeds were popped:
15x Headbanger f2
10x Ancient OG
11x Wifi
11x Lucky Charms x Black Lime Reserve
10x OJSDKB

The seeds started germinating on August 1st on a shot glass and a day or two later transferred into their final container of 0,5 liter square pots.

All were started with a custom organic soil mix, water only type deal, basically a mix of Thermal compost, leaf mold compost, local fertile soil, pumice, a bit of peat moss based potting soil, mixed with some kelp, malt extract, mycorrhizae fungi, rock dusts, biochar, a bit of lime and gypsum..

I had a bit of trouble with a few of the seedlings and probably lost around 10 or 15. After picking males out we ended up with around 25 females. Once the plants showed sex, males were put to the side and the females got another 0,5 liter container attached to the bottom of the first container. So total medium volume is 1 liter.

The weather was extremely hot the past month, so they got a bit heat stressed a few days, but nothing too major. Now weather is much better and should help!

I had to do some training (LST, supercrop) on most of them since they were getting a bit too high, but it seems like stretch has slowed down on most of them. Some I almost snapped a few tops, hanging by a thread, but they should be ok, still green and juicy. I figured it out a good method to train them with 2 stakes, which is what I have been doing since. I also picked off some major fan leafs to open the canopy a bit.

The cab is pretty full right now, almost at full capacity, which is what we like, I coulda probably fit another 1 or 2 plants max in there!

I don't have any pictures of the early seedling days, so we get to skip the early boring days, but I will snap some pics tonight or tomorrow and start showing them ladies to y'all now that things will get interesting.

There are some really funky smells starting to come off, and some plants are starting to look very interesting, filling up the bud sets with nice plump white hairs!

We have around 8 males on the side, which are kinda stalled out because they were neglected in the dark for a few days, so not sure if i'll be able to make some seeds, however the plan is to reveg a few of the best females and have a dedicated grow in the future and some crosses!

C

chris harris

Hey man. Good luck. Will be interesting to see what you find.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

finally some ancient og f2 and some ojsdkb #1 .

i,m buckled up for this one ,

Buddah Watcha

Hell yeah broda! The Ancient OGs got a bit more of veg time, prolly 2-3 weeks and then moved to 12/12, they were started on a different box and they were the best looking seedlings of the bunch, lots of vigor! They are maybe a week behind the others in the flower department but catching up noneless! :)

I'll try to count the females of each type to have an idea with what we are working with! Even though is a hassle, working with very limited space all around, its hard to even get to the growbox :)

Buddah Watcha

Here are the promised pics from a day or two ago... Had to do one more round of training... Almost snapped a cola or two :p but everything survived!

Before training:
picture.php

AFter:
picture.php

Ancient OG f2 #6
picture.php

White Fire #3
picture.php

Supercrop, this one almost snapped, but worked out good!
picture.php

Peace!

Wow that is quite snug in there! They look great and what an amazing use of your space.

I can't wait to see this progress

Buddah Watcha

Yesterday gave a good watering to the girls. Plain water... Also re-positioned a few of the plants trying to get more light to more budsites.

Had an accident on one of the WIFI that had been stupidcropped and had almost snapped the top branch, well that top branch snapped yesterday when I was moving stuff around, was a nice top... Pretty sad, oh well, I'm trying to root that top now, hopefully they will take root in a week or two!

Everything else is looking Naice Naice...! Frost is starting to come out on most phenos! Some are very smelly, very interesting selection we got going on!

Here a few shots!

Full cab shot
picture.php

The back side, temps been between 20C at night and 28C during lights on, good enough!
picture.php

Back left side
picture.php

LCxBLR #5. this is a nice on, stacking pretty good!
picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

And a nice Headbanger stupidcropped, hope this one doesnt snap off too!

picture.php

My guess is that most of them are between week 2-4 of flowering! I'm hoping by November we ca start harvesting some of the girls!

Peace! :)

Buddah Watcha

Took a bunch of clones, from around 11 plants, the ones that were putting side branching. Mostly Headbanger, LCxBLR, a few AOG and one or two OJSDKB! Went with the Aloe Vera method, soaked the cloning cubes in aloe and malted barley water mixture, then dipped the clones into a aloe fillet and bam! Labeled them and now they are on a shady place waiting for roots to come out! Hopefully it will be sucessfully, otherwise going to have to rely to reveging which is not the worse case scenario...

I also have a few sets of males isolated ready to collect some pollen, got 2 Headbangers, 2 LCxBLR and I think 1 or 2 AOG's. They just about to start dropping pollen! Plan is to polinate a few of the lower branches and make a few seeds!

I also gave everything a good watering...

I'll keep y'all updated on the projects!

:tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

So it seems like we have some fucking broad mites in the house, not good, got some predatory mites on the way and hopefully that will help.

It's a shame... today I sprayed some canola with essential oils and hopefully that will slow them down till re-enforcement arrives...

So I apologize in advance for the troubles with this run, the quality its probably going to suffer... but it is what it is...

Plan is to focus more on making seeds this run, hopefully that will go ok.

I'll keep you guys updated on how things work out!

Buddah Watcha

sending the best of vibes to your plants man, soldier on! :D

Thanks TT, I need all the good vibes I can get against these fuckers. I released some predatory mites, hard to tell if they making a difference or not, I guess I need to wait and see what happens...

Buddah Watcha

thanks fellas, so I was a bit down with all the mites issues n shit, so I decided to focus more this run on a seed run, I dropped pollen from a few different males, was a nice ancient OG, also a nice LCxBLR and a OJSDKB, didnt really label which so its gonna be a random crosses type deal :p I ended up polinating a bit more than I wanted lol, lots of seeds I guess... which is good, since seeds are one of my favorite things in this universe :D

regarding the mites, I released cucumeris mites to fight the battle a few days after my last post, I gotta say, that it seems to have taken care of the problem! I also dropped some skirkis to finish the dirty job of killing these broad mites!

some of the stuff looks almost ready, some will take another 4-5 weeks seems like... but stuff is frosty, theres a really nice AOG that calls my attention...

I dont have pics but hopefully tomorrow ill do a proper update.

Peace BW :tiphat:

I'm glad to hear those predatory mites helped out. I'd love for them to be available here in case of an emergency but I feel like even if they were my wife wouldn't allow them.

Sounds like you'll have quite the stack of semi-mysterious seeds. Should be a fun pop

Buddah Watcha

Sorry for the delay and the shitty pics, its from afew days ago, havent had much chance to snap some good shots, but some plants should be getting harvested in a week or two!

I havent gave much attention to the ladies this past 2 weeks, just a quick watering every 3 days or so! I could have used some more training but oh well, not my best run! :) Will have enough seeds to give a proper run in the future!

cab overview, quite crowded
picture.php

a nice nug, not sure what it is, either HB or WIFI if im not mistaken
picture.php

right side of the cab! you cant really see how crowded its in there lol
picture.php

I harvested a nug of Wifi about a week ago and tested yesterday, gotta admit it was quite tasty, very early sample, but had a very OG taste to it and very smooth, it was quite moist too, so the high didnt really come out as it should....

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
All's fire that ends fire. I like that S.O.G. style you got going there, 12/12 from seed? Looks like you have a happy harvest on the way.:wave:

Buddah Watcha

Ok guys so here we are, harvesting have started, the predatory mites I ordered did the trick in getting rid, or at least controlling broad mites infestation. The downfall is that I ordered some that came in vermiculite and i used it on top of the plants, so there are a few vermiculite particles on the buds, they come off easily, so its not too much of a big deal imo... Not the cleanest run, or my best, but we made it through!

Most of the buds are very polinated, I used a nice AOG, HB and LCBLR males to make some open polination... so the future beans are a random choice, but most likely to have some winners!

Wifi's and LCxBLR seem to be the fastest strains, theres still one or two LCxBLR that need an extra week, but of them are pretty ripe!

I had the pleasure to sample some WIFI i harvested last week, it was the one that snapped the main cola early on, it wasnt fully dry, but the flavor is coming through and also the high. Very earthy tasty on this pheno, not my cup of tea, i dont mind a bit of earth flavors, but this is straight smoking dirt almost lol. The high is decent, start off strong but calms down, very mellow and calming. I still have a gram or two left from this pheno.. I pulled around 20 seeds already from a few grams!

Here are some pictures, mostly of the plants that got harvested!

Ancient OG f2 # 6, bubble gum smell, few seeds in it, doesnt look like the keeper of the bunch
picture.php

picture.php

LCxBLR # 2, the smallest LCxBLR, frosty nonetheless, seems well polinated... not the loudest one of the them, prolly not the keeper
picture.php

picture.php