What's new

Bagged organic soil recommendations in the uk?

Blazeee

Veteran
DanTheReggaeFan Personally I think x4 50L pots might be abit oversized, I think you would do fine with 20/30L pots in your space.

Speaking of soil beds, a friend on here used one of these rather successfully for his soil bed. Might be worth checking out in the future.

Bloomroom Flexi-tray / reservoir

future_garden_bloomroom_flexi-mat_reservoir_catchment_tray_iso_800x800.jpg
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Veggia farmer

Thanks. Unfortunately I think I'll give the bed a miss this time, I'm only going to be mixing up about 200-250L of soil this time. When I'm in a better location than just a small flat tho I'll definitely be giving it a go

Well, you must see yourself. 40cm depth is what I run now, and would prefer in my case, organic and so on, but I did not start with so much soil at all! I have had beens shallow as 10-15cm with great results. Only need to water more and fertlize/topdress more. 120x120x10cm is 140 liters.

The soil I use now I have also used for 5 years. No changing just feed it and it improves. A lot too.

Yeah, Im advocate for organic beds lol

ive been using jacks magic in a coots style living soil mix with decent results
for my next mix ive ordered a bale of clover peat, is it good?
cant say i had a good experience with ecothrive soil but gotta say it was the previous version, the one in the black bag, i know they improved the recipe now..

Sunshineinabag

Hey guys I'm going to be starting a new grow soon and I want to go fully organic this time but I've only ever grown in coco before. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good premade organic soil I can find in the uk. Ideally I would have liked to make my own super soil but I live in a pretty small flat so don't really have the space for that.

My local hydro shop sells biobizz, canna terra and sohum living soil. I was originally planning on going with the sohum because they claim to be water only but I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews so I'm not too sure now especially as it costs 3 times as much as the others. Are there any other brands from a non hydro shop I should try?

I'd ideally like a soil I can feed with a tea once or twice a week and just plain water the rest of the time. That's actually one of the reasons I want to switch to organic because mixing up 5 different bottles every day was a pain in the ass as well as all the other benefits of organics.

Thanks for any suggestions

I'm jn new England....j could send u a stable Vermont organic medium with easy peasey feeding that equates to one cup fert feeding 20 quarts of medium spectacularly! Is it ok to send to UK ? Will customs be ok with it? I'll happily help ya

DanTheReggaeFan

I'm jn new England....j could send u a stable Vermont organic medium with easy peasey feeding that equates to one cup fert feeding 20 quarts of medium spectacularly! Is it ok to send to UK ? Will customs be ok with it? I'll happily help ya

Thanks man that would be awesome. I think customs would be alright but its just price that I think would be an issue. It would probably cost an arm and a leg to ship. How much would each bag cost and weigh and ill look into shipping costs.