What's new

Bad seed

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I am trying to clear a difficult run that just occurred w/ the seed company that I have been doing business w/ for several years and I am putting the question you, the multitude of minds for help in understanding and hopefully improving the conditions. Now the following is a quote from the company after I sent this…..
”The "Auto seed - Feminized" never opened up. Would you send my
replacement seed as soon as possible? Thank you”

Their response…..
[FONT=&quot]Hi,
for legal reasons, we (like most other seed banks) are unable to deal with enquiries regarding growing and/or germination.

All our seeds are fresh and of high quality. However if there are specific issues with the seeds, we always ask customers to direct such enquiries to the breeder in question.

Kind regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The ______Seed Centre[/FONT]

What are the legal reasons not to acknowledge a bad seeds (bad product) when purchased for a seed retailer? Why not just replacing the defective especially knowing the record of a good customer?
My original problem was w/ a seed that was defective i.e. Seed never completely came out of seed cover. I notified the co (blank seed center) about this but they responded w/ “[FONT=&quot]For legal reasons, we (like most other seed banks) are unable to deal with enquiries regarding growing and/or germination.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why “growing &/or germination”? Still I can find some scant reason not to mention the unmentionables implicating what may be censored in different countries. But that is all I have.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can anyone else add anything to this scenario so far?
[/FONT]But what follows got me upset i.e. “[FONT=&quot]All our seeds are fresh and of high quality. [/FONT]“
Well excuse meeee. Where is the ‘high quality’ of the product you sent?

The response continues…..
[FONT=&quot]However if there are specific issues with the seeds, we always ask customers to direct such enquiries to the breeder in question.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why not just replace the product? And in this case from a good customer of which they (single seed) has the records on file.[/FONT]

im not sure i understand ,, did u grow the plants ,, and was it one seed that didnt strike ?? or did u just try one seed ... ??

bushed

artfrog you seem to missing the point with the UK based seed banks; to discuss the germination of there seeds is illegal, this is the reason for there disclaimer and the same response you will get from any of the banks.

artfog

artfrog you seem to missing the point with the UK based seed banks; to discuss the germination of there seeds is illegal, this is the reason for there disclaimer and the same response you will get from any of the banks.
Yes, I know

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I purchased an anniversary gift box from a breeder last February to try their gear. In April I opened the individual packs to find light tan seeds. I do small time breeding and only have two hybrids that I have worked on for 7 years. I throw away seeds that look better than these that I paid $175.00 for. I contacted the breeder and explained my concerns after germinating all the seeds. I also ran 20 of my own seeds. 19 of 20 of mine popped and were healthy and vigorous. The gift box seeds 16 of 25 popped. 10 of the 16 couldn't stand on their own and quickly died or were culled. I culled 5 of the 6 remaining plants after two weeks. The one remaining plant has one week left before harvest. I never did hear back from the seed company. The plant produced about 2 to 2 1/2 oz. of decent looking buds. I will give it away. I will never try their gear again. I do however Highly recommend Mandala, DJ Short and Ace seeds. But I'm a person who will take quality over quantity any day of the week. P.S. I have had some nice freebies over the years that have surprised me. PEACE

artfog

Yes I have had only good experiences w/ Mandala seed. I am use to my own seeds - nothing like a F1. Thanks for the info & I will check out DJ Short and Ace

Pinetar

Try ordering from an American seed distributor, if you are in the US. Everyone I have used has been top notch, four different distributors.

Latest posts

Latest posts