What's new

Bad Press for Pot

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
'U.S. would do better if everyone stopped smoking marijuana': 'Cold and calculated' Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz blames POT for 2018 massacre as he pleads guilty, apologizes to victims' families and now faces possible death sentence
  • Nikolas Cruz entered guilty pleas to 17 counts of murder and 17 counts of attempted murder at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School this morning
  • Now 23, Cruz was a 19-year-old expelled student with a history of mental health and behavioral issues at the time of the 'cold, calculated and premeditated' killings
  • At the hearing Cruz said he was experiencing 'anxiety' but understood the nature of the proceedings
  • At his sentencing Cruz addressed the victims and their families. 'I am very sorry for what I did and I have to live with it everyday,' he said
  • 'I hate drugs and I believe this country would do better if everyone would stop smoking marijuana... I'm trying my best to maintain my composure,' he added
  • Cruz previously admitted to using a lot of marijuana and had taken a lot of the prescription tranquilizer Xanax
  • Cruz's change of plea from not guilty would open the penalty phase in which a jury would decide whether he should be sentenced to life in prison or death
  • On February 14, 2018 Cruz ordered an Uber to drop him off at the high school, where he had been expelled for the 2016-17 school year
  • He activated the fire alarm and then opened fire for a total of six minutes
  • He told cops that a menacing voice - which he called Demon - instructed him to execute the massacre, which he admitted to planning a week before
what a cop out, shoulda just blames his disease, schizophrenia! :moon:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Once a person has made their deal with the devil (the authorities), NOTHING they say or do can be trusted after that. He was probably put up to saying that.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well hopefully the US won't be making laws based on the opinions of a person with mental disorders who claims to hear demonic voices? I would amend his statement or conclusion to say, The US would be better off if people with established mental disorders didn't try to self medicate with marijuana. It's been long established and agreed with even by members of the pro legalization movement that people who suffer from mental disorders such as schizophrenia should not be using marijuana.