What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Backup Hangers

AliceDAnon

Been searching the forum and can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm curious about methods of backup hangers and general safety around proper hanging of lights, fans, and filters. Especially when hung in grow tents.

Let's talk about it!

Three Berries

I use #12 jack chain.

824246.webp

Three Berries

And this is your primary hanger or your backup safety hanger? Thanks!
Yes it's all use usually. Just use a plyers and bend out the hook and make them as long as you want. Wrap around the tent support at the top to hang.

I make them long usually and wrap up the excess. Easy to get any height adjustment up to the top at a couple inches minimum.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
And this is your primary hanger or your backup safety hanger? Thanks!
Good Advice by three berries,,. i also use this as a back up on top of my ratchet hangers better to be safe than sorry.:good:

Corpselover Fat

I don't use any back ups. With these leds I just have three ratchet hangers per board (cheaper and easier to level than four). If I were using HID I would want to use metal chains, but these will do just fine as the boards never get hot and they weigh next to nothing. If they somehow fail and fall on my plants the plants will suffer, but it won't be like a HPS falling.

As for the wiring... Yeah, it should be better, but it's still safe. One of these days I'll tidy it up.

IMG_20221018_100227.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts