What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

B.C. premier has questions after company gets Health Canada approval to produce, sell cocaine

Rider420

Time for a safe supply after the decriminalization of these drugs.

Last month, Langley-based Adastra Holdings announced it had been granted an amendment to its licence to “possess, produce, sell and distribute” cocaine. The company said the approval allows Adastra to interact with up to 250 grams of cocaine and to import coca leaves to manufacture and synthesize the substance.

At a press conference earlier this week, Eby said he was “astonished” at that announcement.

“If Health Canada did in fact do this, they did it, not only without engaging with the province, but without notice to us,” he said, via the Vancouver Sun. “So we will get answers for British Columbians about this.”

Adastra Holdings CEO, Michael Forbes, said in a statement that the company “will evaluate how the commercialization of (cocaine) fits in with our business model at Adastra in an effort to position ourselves to support the demand for a safe supply of cocaine.” The release also notes that Adastra Holdings can possess, produce, sell and distribute up to 1,000 grams of psilocybin and psilocin, also known as magic mushrooms.

On Thursday, during Question Period, B.C. Liberal Leader Kevin Falcon also raised questions about Adastra’s announcement.

“Cocaine isn’t prescribed, it isn’t safe, and this is wrong,” Falcon said, via CBC. “Commercializing cocaine as a business opportunity amounts to legalizing cocaine trafficking, full stop.”

According to the Aldergrove Star, Cloverdale-Langley City MP John Aldag has since spoken with officials at Health Canada, who confirmed that the cocaine is for research purposes and can be sold to other licensed companies but not the general public.

Earlier this year, B.C. became the first province in Canada to receive an exemption to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Granted by Ottawa, the exemption is intended as a harm reduction measure aimed to focus on treatment rather than criminalization and allows adults to possess small amounts of illicit drugs for personal use without facing criminal charges, such as opioids, cocaine and amphetamines.

Following Adastra’s approval, another B.C.-based company, Sunshine Earth Labs, announced it had also received approval to produce and distribute cocaine, MDMA, morphine, opium and diacetylmorphine. Oryx BioMed Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sunshine Earth Labs, received the licenses from Health Canada.

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Are they a listed company or privately owned?
I looked, neither, you can invest if you have a big chunk of change. But they aren't selling to Joe Bloggs, it's industry supply only.

Last edited:

Rider420

Yup this is not the government building up a safe supply of drugs, its just companies selling to other companies in a big circle jerk.
Don't invest in these companies its just like cannabis legalization there will be lots of players and very little profit.
Mark Twain said it best:
“Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. Fanatics will never learn that, though it be written in letters of gold across the sky. It is the prohibition that makes anything precious”

Rider420

Ya Coca-Cola still makes cocaine in the US they just don't put it in the drink anymore.

Coca-Cola produces as much as $3 billion in pure cocaine every year and sells it to one of the world’s largest opioid manufacturers in a secretive deal with the US government that has recently been renewed.

The flavour behind the iconic Coca-Cola drink relies on coca leaves, the processing of which results in pure cocaine. That processing is done by a small chemical plant run by Stepan Company, which has an exclusive licence to import coca leaves into the US on the behalf of the mammoth soft drink company.

At the unassuming plant, which is tucked away in a quiet New Jersey neighbourhood, coca leaves are used to produce a ‘de-cocainised’ ingredient that goes into the famous drink.

The cocaine byproduct is then sold to the largest opioid manufacturer in the US, Mallinckrodt, which markets it as a numbing agent and topical anaesthetic for dentists.

And none of it ends up in the black market eh. :devilish:

St. Phatty

Can cocaine be re-used ?

If you had a chemistry lab hooked up to the London sewer system, could you extract the Cocaine from the other sh-t ?

Or does the body alter the Cocaine when it passes through, so it can only be used once ?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Can cocaine be re-used ?

If you had a chemistry lab hooked up to the London sewer system, could you extract the Cocaine from the other sh-t ?

Or does the body alter the Cocaine when it passes through, so it can only be used once ?
You mean co-cocaine or re-cocaine?

moose eater

Fentanyl riuned any prospects of me ever dabbling in those waters again for now.
Yep, it's showing up in nearly everything now. Stimulants, opiates, counterfeit pills, etc.

A person needs to be way up the chain on the importation chart and know who's bringing it in to get something clean, and that's assuming the folks in Central and South America aren't lacing it already from the origin point.

A strange world when stimulants involve synthetic opiates, and no one ordered a speedball.

therevverend

Veteran
Don't know how I got there but I was just reading how 82% of cocaine seizures in 2011 contained Levamisole, a de-wormer used by veterinarians. Because it makes the cocaine look more pure. Makes me think of a friend of mine who would say just the smell of cocaine would cause her bowels to turn over, in reaction to the baby laxative they'd use to cut the stuff. I would think cocaine cut with fentanyl would be fairly obvious, they're two very different looking substances. Doesn't take much though.

Talking with a friend the other day about what a wonderful drug ecstasy was, and how it's basically extinct. Whatever you buy now is anything but ecstasy. I asked a pill fiend I know about xanax a few years back, I like having it on hand because it makes me sleep like the dead. She said the stuff on the street is all fake, along with any other black market pills. They get pill presses off the internet and make cocktails of weaker legal drugs, if you're lucky they might sprinkle in some fentanyl so you can at least catch a buzz. Might want to have a buddy around (who hasn't taken any pills) with naloxone or 911 on speed dial.

The war on drugs has been a complete disaster, a crime against humanity. The cut is far more dangerous to your health then the original drug, it's always been that way. Governments at war with their own people. The argument that we need mother government to protect us from evil narcotics has always been bullshit but you always hear it, both from stoners and pro-gun people. Doesn't make sense that you can buy a gun and not a shot of heroin, just depends on what kind of bang you want to go out on. Got a feeling 100 years from now people are going to look at gun catalogs the same way we look at those old Sears catalogs advertising heroin syringes....

Rider420

In BC Canada 2.5 grams of MDMA or cocaine or heroin or fentanyl is legal and drug testing centers and injection sites are open to anyone who wants to live. I would not use any street drug without having it tested first.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
clean supply LOL
and another friend of over 30 years who first met cocaine and methamphetamine when he was in his early 20's and by 30 he was a non functioning addict. Took a hit of clean supply and 10 minutes later he was in the throes of a massive stroke. He was admitted to kelowna hospital in the bc interior on the 10th of april and passed away on the 13th. He was 50 years old and I tried to help him and give him a safe place to land and get right but he chose the down town east side shithole dwellings and lifestyle. In the end he moved out to kelowna to be near another guy we know tha started a drug rehab property. I was under the impression that my friend was going there to get well...... not the case.... he was getting high on clean supply because the idiot guy we know that started the rehab house is still a closet meth head just like he was 20 years ago.

I just can't stand this loss anymore and making it easier for people to use and be in that lifestyle is not going to work in the long run and it sure as shit ain't working now. Disagree all you want....... BC .... heck all of canada, does not want to deal with the mentally ill so they make it easier for them to live the lifestyle of the streets, easier for them to access death in the drugs that are now "decriminalized"
It's a sick circle of death that only very few escape.
I don't like to talk about my own time being homeless and living among the "street people". I didn't develop an addiction to the copious amounts of good clean blow I flogged to whomever I could. Never touched heroin but I did have a lot of fun with opium gum. Meth never agreed with me so I never bothered with it. But LSD, Cocaine and hashish were my thing for over a decade until I smartened up a little and just stuck to my homegrown ganja.

All that said and I've said it before..... legalize or decriminalize the opium poppy and the coca plant.
We need to, as a society, attach an urgency to helping Canada's mentally ill and stop treating them with a life on the streets, hopelessly addicted to a destructive lifestyle and the circle of death.

My friend's name was Robert "Wayne" Patterson and I am gutted at the loss of this dear friend that could never face and defeat his demons. His alternative was to become part of BC's staggering statistics of overdose and death.
Fucking clown world.

Reactions: Rgd

Rider420

Fucking clown world.

Its your right to die but your not allowed to take "some" drugs eh. Yup what a joke!

I feel so sorry for those who blame food for thier obesity or drugs for thier addictions. If you can't control your self no one can help you!

Your friend died because of the life he choose to live, an alcoholic drinks himself to death every few hours.

Its my life and its your life to choose how to live and if you don't like it well MAID will help you out of this world.

"It is estimated that more than 140,000 people (approximately 97,000 men and 43,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the fourth-leading preventable cause of death in the United States behind tobacco, poor diet and physical inactivity, and illegal drugs."

BTW my father was an alcoholic and would have died from it had lung cancer not got him first. His life his choices and the best you or I can do is forgive forget and then enjoy the rest of our lives. Yes its a clown world but its up to you whether you laugh or cry about it. He is gone dude move on!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts